PDA

View Full Version : Need tire help FAST!

Crawford
08-21-2002, 01:36 PM
Hey everyone. Well walked out to my truck to go to lunch and sure enough, flat tire. I took it up to discount tire and they tell me it will be a week to get tires @ $225 each for the Goodyears. They said the tread on the front tires is separating because of the lowering job. I had the truck realigned right after I put the kit in @ Bankston. Looks like they alligned the left right but not to toe. The insides of the tires are toast! Does anyone know where I can get a decent deal on some tires preferrably Toyo Proxies somewhere in the metroplex ASAP? Please help!!!

P.S. I am driving around on the spare right now!!! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

Logan
08-21-2002, 02:35 PM
Kauffman Tire in Hurst or Plano dude.

Locations and contact info on their site...

http://www.kauffmantire.com/

They stock the Proxes at their local warehouse here in DFW. You can have em on your truck first thing am.

When I did my proxes, I called in the afternoon, and had them on by 11am the next day. They even have a coupon on their site for a friggin alignment!! :)

Moonshine
08-21-2002, 04:49 PM
The Goodyear store in Duncanville was able to get me a Proxes in less than 4 hours when I had one of mine ruined. I think they charged $215 for it.

Crawford
08-21-2002, 04:58 PM
Logan,
Thanks for the lead. I called and the best deal they would do on the Proxes is $1,007.74 out the door (tax, mounted, balanced, etc.) so I said go for it. They will have them in tomorrow. I am going to take the truck to that alignment place in Frisco that everyone brags about and get that fixed on Friday. Putting the #6 and Densos w/ Gatorback belt option tomorrow and hopefully JDM will hook me up with the proper tune at FFW and I should be set for another year.

On the tire subject. I called just about everyone in the area on those proxes and the f1s and its amazing how much people are trying to screw ya out there. The worst price I got on the proxies was $305.15 tax included and the worst price I got on the f1s was $259.80 tax included. Everyone was pretty much out of stock I found a couple places that had 2 F1s in stock. No one could get Proxes in under a week except for Kauffman. Discount said it would be at least a week before they could get either. The guy at the Goodyear store told me his cost on the f1s is $124, he had the highest price at $259.80 mentioned above.

Food for thought guys... I just didnt wake up this morning prepared to spend a grand. Its a bit of a shocker.

Logan
08-21-2002, 05:18 PM
Yeah, but you can rest easy knowing the proxes will last you 30k miles instead of the 10-12k out of the F1's... Plus the tread pattern looks cool. :)

Sigh... I miss my L sometimes...

I need to make more money so I can own both... Or convince the wife she wants to drive the marauder so I can get an 03... :)

DWSmooth
08-21-2002, 05:39 PM
Great info Logan. I will be needing tires very soon too, I'll check them out.

wesman
08-21-2002, 06:10 PM
Crawford,

Are all of your stock F1's tore up ? Did they toss them when they mounted yout Toyo's ? If not I need one for occasional use (stock rims). If they have any life left let me know.

--wes

MadMax
08-22-2002, 12:28 AM
C&D Tire has F1's for 163.00
C&D Tire of Grand Bay Al. 251-865-1778

Good Year F1's for 163.00 each
Mounted and balanced for 168.00 each
He'll ship your order if you wish for around 12.00 a tire. Some places cost less some a little more.

Crawford...you need a good alignment...go to Fort Worth Champion Spring. Van Nunn is the best damn front end man I have known the last 20 years. They are on Henderson near DT Fort Worth. I take the drive due to the fact that I get it done right the first time! My .02 and that ain't no sensor...LOL :D

99WhiteBeast
08-22-2002, 04:18 PM
Crawford,
I would also be interested in those F1's if they have any decent tread left.

Crawford
08-22-2002, 07:35 PM
There were 3 tires that were completely toast. The rears have 16k on them and were not worth crap. The front tire that died on me has tread separation because my alignment was out on that side. The last tire has about 50% left and is in good shape. I plan on keeping it as a hot spare in case of emergency... sorry. If anyone is in a situation that is a REAL emergency and needs the tire I might let it go.