PDA

View Full Version : problem installing grille

00Bolt
01-10-2005, 03:00 PM
im not done painting them yet, but was curious how to install the stock grille. I have a slight problem. Iv never had a stock grille on my truck before, I bought it with a billet grille then switched to a speed grille...

anyway... i know the top grille is supposed to just snap into the little prongs on the truck... well i just noticed i dnt have any prongs at all... the jackass before me who owned this truck snaped them all off... i guess he thought he needed to to install the billet grilles... so now I dont know how to install this top grille once I get it painted....

any ideas?

SpeedyBolt
01-10-2005, 03:02 PM
I think Jeff (Alpine) had to use a sodering gun to put his stock grill back in! Used it like a welder!

PoorSvtman
01-10-2005, 05:04 PM
You can also a epoxy glue like i said but that can get messy

Alpine
01-10-2005, 05:30 PM
You are correct my friend, the good thing is it will never come off. The bad thing is it will never come off!:D
I think Jeff (Alpine) had to use a sodering gun to put his stock grill back in! Used it like a welder!

Alpine
01-10-2005, 05:35 PM
i know the top grille is supposed to just snap into the little prongs on the truck... well i just noticed i dnt have any prongs at all... the jackass before me who owned this truck snaped them all off... i guess he thought he needed to to install the billet grilles...

any ideas?You have to cut the stock mounting tabs off for a billet grill to be installed.......jackass! :d

PoorSvtman
01-10-2005, 05:40 PM
You have to cut the stock mounting tabs off for a billet grill to be installed.......jackass! :d

Correction. No you dont jackass! :D I installed my billet grill with out cutting sh!t and it fit perfectly.

Alpine
01-10-2005, 05:44 PM
You have a different grill than I do then dumb **** . I would like to see you install my grill without cutting the tabs, its in my garage come and get it and I will prove you wrong. Didnt your grills fall out while you were driving?:rll: :D
Correction. No you dont jackass! :D I installed my billet grill with out cutting sh!t and it fit perfectly.

PoorSvtman
01-10-2005, 06:05 PM
You have a different grill than I do then dumb **** . I would like to see you install my grill without cutting the tabs, its in my garage come and get it and I will prove you wrong. Didnt your grills fall out while you were driving?:rll: :D

haha so what. Point is i have scotts old billet grills and i didnt cut anything and they fit perfect.

Also my lower grill came loose didnt fall out. But that was a few days after something on the road hit it. It hit one side and pretty much pulled the other side screw through the small hole that is used to mount the lower.

Showtime
01-10-2005, 08:23 PM

Alpine
01-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Yep, you cant install it right without cutting the tabs. It wont sit flush.

PoorSvtman
01-10-2005, 11:19 PM
duno what i did but mine sat flust :cool:

skalywags
01-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Not messing with my stock grill - which I like better anyway, is sounding better and better!

PoorSvtman
01-11-2005, 01:07 AM
I want to go to the 01+ grills but dont see myself spending couple hundred bucks for some stock grills. So if anyone has some cheap laying around im interested