PDA

View Full Version : Need some stereo advice

J.D. Blackwell
08-23-2002, 11:24 AM
Since I have decided to make my truck into a daily driver again after she gets up and running, I want to add some more stereo quality and sound to my ride. I currently have an Alpine headunit, MTX Thunderforms, and MTX amp. I was debating on changing the stock door speakers to the Alpine SPS-5729 6x8's and also adding the Q-form kick panels with MTX Thunder8000 5 1/4" Components with tweeters. I would use the amp that I had for my subs to power those speakers and get a new amp for the subs. What kind of amp do I need to power my subs? They are rated at 500 RMS at 4ohm's. Anybody?

Sixpipes
08-23-2002, 12:30 PM
I don't know much about stereo stuff, but just as an observation, I would consider getting a system for one of your hoes first. :cool:

J.D. Blackwell
08-23-2002, 12:49 PM
I was thinking about it. I had thought about putting a 10" subwoofer under the passenger side seat for my hoes to relieve me of my duty while I am driving.:D

jcblack
08-23-2002, 01:12 PM
it all depends on if you need a mono or two channel amp. but if it were up to me i would go with either JL Audio, Kicker, or Rockford Fosgate. Those amps are definatley kick ass.

J.D. Blackwell
08-23-2002, 05:37 PM
Well I bought this today anyways.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wo8iFtzE3ji/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=020FF150LG&s=0

Maybe it will help....maybe not. I felt I needed to buy something anyways. It is only money.

Lil Nicky88
08-24-2002, 01:39 AM
go to the board at www.wickedspeedmotorsports.com and ask on the audio forum. The owner of the shop logins in as wkdspd and he is a wiz at designing and customizing that kind of stuff. And he does sell stereos and amps at a better price than you would get at car toys or bestbuy.