PDA

View Full Version : Whatever you do, DON'T buy a new Stang

devildog92
08-23-2002, 09:30 PM
Are you ready for this???

The wife and I are coing home from dinner this evening in her 3k old '02 GT. Minding our business, a guy in an S60, that is, A VOLVO, will not allow us in the other lane. I DO NOT street race, but I know I need to get in the other lane, and fast. So, I put the hammer down on our '5-spd beauty', and the Volvo hangs with us, then PASSES us. I know how to work a stick, but you are joking right??? I mean, I know we didn't get our asses handed to us by moms brand new 4-dr grocery getter. To make matters worse, my wifes' car isn't stock. She has a Bassani exhaust with K&N in it.

I am not happy tos say the least...I told her to buy a T/A ram air, not some 230 rwhp, 'any-ricer-has-that-hp bucket of bolts'...

:throw:

wesman
08-24-2002, 12:08 AM
lol...short of a SC'd Saleen or a '03 Cobra you wouldn't catch me driving a late model Mustang.

--wes

L8 APEX
08-24-2002, 12:43 AM
Don't feel bad Dan. The wifes car doesn't have to be fast if that makes you feel better:D... Those German cars are quick no matter what there skins. I have seen many a Mercedes beside the Vette at 140:eek: One friend has a 4 door sedan built for Mercedes by Porshe. It is stealthy fast, rock solid, quiet as a library at speed. Oh yeah and the brakes never warped either!

Sixpipes
08-24-2002, 08:48 AM
At 170hp and 3,100+ pounds, can't figure out why an S60 should be a problem for your GT. Sounds like you need to get in the "L" and go "kill" something to relieve your frustration. :burnout:

devildog92
08-24-2002, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't have thought that either, until last night. Terry, didn't you tell me you knew someone that even with a Vortech and tuning couldn't get the new Stang into the 12's? I think its great that FoMoCo made the most powerful GT ever, but then they decided to add 450lbs worth of girth. I dunno, but the ole' Cobra motor (a 'la Mach 1 now) standard in all GT's? Thant wold give it some walnuts.

L8 APEX
08-24-2002, 02:30 PM
ProCharger built a Bullitt 01 and it made 360 RW with all the tricks and tuning they could throw at it. I think it ran high 12's on tires.

CHILLFACTOR
08-24-2002, 10:35 PM
:D Can you say RED 03 COBRA........:tu:

TXBLU
08-25-2002, 08:03 AM
Uh, 'German cars'??? Last time I checked, Volvos are made in Sweeden. ;)

98Cobra
08-26-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by TXBLU
Uh, 'German cars'??? Last time I checked, Volvos are made in Sweeden. ;)

Ah, beat me to it. ;)

For what its worth, you don't know if anything had been done to that car. Even Volvos can be hopped up....