PDA

View Full Version : TPDerrick... here's a nice S351

WA 2 FST
01-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Now this one looks good.

http://www.performanceautosport.com/cfs/detail/041120a_cons.html

It may be considered less desirable b/c its an older one ('94), but the beauty of it is that its an OBD-1 car, so it is easier to tune. It has the Edelbrock heads vs. the TW heads, but slap some AFRs on it if one would want a better set of heads anyway.

8500+ miles, this thing looks mint. I bet the guy would take $27k for it.

Oh, and I can tell just by looking at the engine pic that this one does not have that stupid IAT sensor which creates a loss of power on the top end due to crappy programming. This one would run great w/ just a basic tune up.

TP Derrick D
01-25-2005, 04:08 PM
:bows yes sir! thats super nice! wish I had the $$$ just lying around. I'd be too temped to roast the rears if I didn't have another toy to play with. :bows

dboat
01-25-2005, 09:52 PM
This is a nice car. But I prefer the styling of my '89 GT conv to this one and the new one as well. I always felt that this style was a little more feminine.

Bet I get blazed for that last comment. :rolleyes:
Dana

WA 2 FST
01-25-2005, 11:09 PM
No, you're not going to catch and crap from me on that. I prefer the Fox-3 cars as well... that's why I kept my '90 for 12 years. ;) But I don't really like the Saleen Fox cars that well. Again, if its going to _look_ fast, it had better be fast. The Saleen Fox-3s were nothing special in my opinion. Ground effects, stickers, and some mild suspension/brake mods.

It took me awhile to get used to the SN95. I think with a lowered stance and some nice, wide wheels/tires they look good.

PoorSvtman
01-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Heres my buddies old cobra. Its an original car as far as we know. I found websites with cars just like this and from what ive gathered they didnt make many like this but i could be wrong.

Its a 198? (cant remember year) 4 banger turbo. Previous owner turbo went bad and he put a n/a exhaust manifold,etc on it. It runs like crap but with a flow master it cams pretty hard at idle, LOL.

Im trying to get him to sell it to me.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/419side-med.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/419dans_hood-med.JPG

sonicbluetommy
01-26-2005, 01:24 AM
This is a nice car. But I prefer the styling of my '89 GT conv to this one and the new one as well. I always felt that this style was a little more feminine.

Bet I get blazed for that last comment. :rolleyes:
Dana

Actually Ford had consumers look at 3 different mockups.
1)The existing 94 style.
2)A style very close to the 99 style.
3)The and I qoute "Arnold Swazzaneger" style.

People actually liked the 99 style the best but ford felt it was too aggressive and went with the 94 style, which i personally never cared much for.

sonicbluetommy
01-26-2005, 01:28 AM
No, you're not going to catch and crap from me on that. I prefer the Fox-3 cars as well... that's why I kept my '90 for 12 years. ;) But I don't really like the Saleen Fox cars that well. Again, if its going to _look_ fast, it had better be fast. The Saleen Fox-3s were nothing special in my opinion. Ground effects, stickers, and some mild suspension/brake mods.

It took me awhile to get used to the SN95. I think with a lowered stance and some nice, wide wheels/tires they look good.

Didn't they make some limited SC (supercharged) series Saleens in 92/93? I was thinking there were only like 10 made but I would have to research to find out for sure.

I too still prefer the 93 Cobra of them all for just the looks of it, beats the crap out of the looks of the 99-04 Cobras IMO. And yes I know they will outrun, outhandle, and have better fit and finish but I was raised on Fox 3 ponys and will always love them.

sonicbluetommy
01-26-2005, 01:41 AM
Heres my buddies old cobra. Its an original car as far as we know. I found websites with cars just like this and from what ive gathered they didnt make many like this but i could be wrong.

Its a 198? (cant remember year) 4 banger turbo. Previous owner turbo went bad and he put a n/a exhaust manifold,etc on it. It runs like crap but with a flow master it cams pretty hard at idle, LOL.

Im trying to get him to sell it to me.

I am pretty sure they only made those in 80 and 81, some even came with the "performance" 4.2ltr V8 (woo!hoo!). And man those were the worst designed turbos ever. Thank god Ford used the different (european version i think) turbo in the SVO mustangs.

As a sidenote no 5.0 V8 was available in 80 or 81. Ford dropped it after the 79 Pace Cars and then reintroduced it in the new HOT 175hp 82 Gt (they used a marine cam in it to sup it up with a 2 barrel motorcraft carb :hammer: ) which was the fastest american production car of 1982.

YOU GUYS ARE READING THIS CORRECTLY. :eek2:

175hp was the high water mark for the year from all american manufacturers. Before you freak out on me :hammer: technically Chevy did not make 1982 vette. The 81's were carried over until the plant could be retooled for the new style 83's

So I dont wanna hear "Man those were the good ole days!" :D

TP Derrick D
01-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Hey Tommy , don't know if you got your years mixed up but there was no '83 Vette it was '82 then '84 We have an '82. maybe it was a '81 carry over but its considered an '82

WA 2 FST
02-02-2007, 03:28 PM
just keeping a watch out for you!

http://www.performanceautosport.com/detail.asp?car=5891

It's a non-supercharged one, but it looks really nice and you could always add the Vortech later.

TP Derrick D
02-05-2007, 01:16 PM
just keeping a watch out for you!

http://www.performanceautosport.com/detail.asp?car=5891

It's a non-supercharged one, but it looks really nice and you could always add the Vortech later.

hey good looking out Wes. Its a very nice looking car but I still haven't hit the lotto or had any long ,lost, distant family member leave me a fortune.