PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler?

Stinkbug
08-26-2002, 09:34 PM
Ok I know this has been asked a hundred times but which dealer do I go to? I live in Hurst and drive to Cleburne to work. Has anyone ever gone to The dealer in south FW off 820 east of 35, cant remember the name. If its worth it I was thing about taking her to Payton Wright (Grapevine).

HELP!!!

L8 APEX
08-26-2002, 10:02 PM
I have heard good things about Bankston Frisco and Texan in Arlington.

Stinkbug
08-27-2002, 07:19 AM
Bankston is to far out for me during the week. Is Texan at Cooper and 20? Thats where I bought my 93 Cobra new. Anyway any word about Payton Wright?

01WhiteFlash
08-27-2002, 08:12 AM
I don't know about the service department. The sales department has a snotty attitude. They could have sold me 2 trucks but thier attitude prevented it -- they won't get another chance. I bought my Lightning at Bankston. I've been back for warranty work 1 time and they treated me fairly well.

Moonshine
08-27-2002, 09:07 AM
Stinkbug,

I think the dealership you're referring to is Nichols Ford at I20/Campus Dr. I used them for some warranty work, but not for my I/C. Their service department was pretty good. County Line Ford in Burleson, although not an SVT dealer, has a really good sevice dept.

Ken
08-27-2002, 12:22 PM
I just had them replace my intercooler last week, so its fresh in their minds. Their service is much better than the sales, and the techs are probably happier working in that shiny, brand new 200 bay garage they have. ;)

Just one caution, they always manage to "discover" additional items that need repair or cleaning, so be prepared to say no to those. They don't seem to get upset when you refuse. Of course, it's good that they're that thorough and may actually find a problem.

Ken

Stinkbug
08-27-2002, 01:54 PM
Ken,
How long did it take them to finish? No loaner I am guessing? Do you know who the guy was that worked on your truck?

99WhiteBeast
08-27-2002, 07:24 PM
I've had good service at Don Davis in Arlington. I talked personally with the SVT mechanic each time. They did a good job on my intercooler replacement.

Stinkbug
08-27-2002, 09:17 PM
Where is Don Davis located? How long did it take?

Now I just have to figure out how to get to work without messing with the wife’s car. Has anyone had any experience modifying Lexus (Toyotas)??

99WhiteBeast
08-27-2002, 09:54 PM
Off 360 just north of Division. You can't miss the big blue oval:cool:

I was out of L all day but did not have to leave it overnight.:tu:

Stinkbug
08-28-2002, 07:41 AM
Not bad I thought it took a couple of days? How long did it take for the parts to come in?

99WhiteBeast
08-28-2002, 04:07 PM
I called to schedule the appointment. They ordered the parts( a day or two max) and then brought it in when all was ready.

The SVT mechanic's name was Ted that worked on mine.

Stinkbug
09-27-2002, 11:01 PM
Ok, My nightmare has started. I took the L to Payton Wright after some very discouraging phone conversations with the service rep. I first called the 800# to set-up the recall they tell me ok if PWright does not contact you in 5 days call them. 7 days I call they have no record. The service guy has no idea what the intercooler recall is, even with the recall # I gave him. He calls me back and says, "Bring the truck in and we will take it apart and see what parts are needed". I said you don’t seem to understand this is a kit for the 99-00 L's. At this point he tells me he has no idea what I am talking about. I call Matt at SVT and gave him the story, he says he will take care of it. I get a call the same afternoon the parts are there and they will have a car for me to drive. Drop the L off thru at 5:30pm expecting to pick it up today, WRONG!!!!!!!!! I call at 3:30 and service tells me that this is a detailed job and takes time. Then he tells me that the tech is just now getting ready to take the front end off the truck. WHAT!!!Thats what I said. I said that the intercooler change has nothing to do with the lower heat exchanger, his reply was that he was sorry he was just telling me what the tech had told him. Anyway my question is does anyone have the correct part# for the new IC I am going up there in the morning to say the least.

:flaming:

And yes I realize after the initial phone conversations I should have gone somewhere else.
:hammer:

99WhiteBeast
09-30-2002, 12:10 AM
Here you go- this is what was replaced on mine.
1XL3Z*9424*AB-cooler assembly
1XL3Z*9H486*AA-gasket

The warranty replace job code is 6775A(6K775) = cooler assembly

Stinkbug
09-30-2002, 11:49 AM
Thank You for the info. Went to the dealer sat. and it was up on the rack. No one has even touched it yet.:flaming: