PDA

View Full Version : Lightnings in Plano

KJ94GT
08-28-2002, 01:03 AM
I'm seeing a large number of Lightnings in Plano lately. Any of you guys on here? I've seen another black one, a couple of red ones, and several white ones.

Thumper SVO
08-28-2002, 04:35 AM
Well maybe if you carried your butt to Irving, you'd see some of them as well :)

tliss
08-28-2002, 07:35 AM
I drive through Plano a couple of times a day on my way to and from work. I've got a black '01, so maybe I'm the black one you've been seeing. I've got a few stickers on the back window, but that's the only way to differentiate mine at this time.

Tom

Mark #2
08-28-2002, 09:03 AM
I drive 75 N/S between 635 and Legacy one or twice a day.

Talon sticker, Roush lowered, only obvious additions, unless I'm driving on the Hoosiers, then I really stick out with the locals.:)

andy_cain
08-28-2002, 09:09 AM
Mine would be one of the black ones....I live in Allen right off of Legacy:banana:

Lil Nicky88
08-28-2002, 03:07 PM
I work at the Olive Garden. I am always driving around Plano. There really isn't much in McKinney to look at.

I see Tom and Andy Cain all the time. In fact I have been beat by both. (Andy Cain is faster)

andy_cain
08-28-2002, 03:33 PM
Its all that Zaino ya know, cuts down on the wind resistance...

It will be interesting to see what she does at FFW.

There is a car show at O'rileys auto parts on East Mc Dermott here in Allen on the 6th of Sept. from 6-8 in the parking lot...you local guys ought to show.

tliss
08-28-2002, 04:05 PM
I refuse to street race!!! Damn that Zaino stuff. Maybe I should wax with KY, cause it sure does make things slick!! I hear it's worth 5MPH in the 1/4!

You've got that right...there isn't much to look at in McKinney, although they are putting up a Hooters right by my house in the shopping center at 75 and 380!:banana: Did somebody say "livin' at Hooters and crawlin' home!"

That deserves a couple of nanners!:banana: :banana:

Tom

jmlay
08-28-2002, 09:06 PM
I pass thru Plano to and from work also. Across Spring Creek, down Coit then George Bush to Jupiter.

I used to meet a Red L on Spring Creek in the AM.

Todd
08-28-2002, 10:36 PM
I work in Plano. So you might of seen my red tail gate in front of you once or twice:d

QuickSilver01
08-28-2002, 10:56 PM
Howdy,

I met ya'll at the pappa's bbq meet. Just wanted to say hi and find out who that was that handed me my a## on Greenville Av. last week.

Aron:tu:

:beer:
:vomit:
:banana:

Thumper SVO
08-28-2002, 10:57 PM
Can't wait to meet most of you at FFW Ennis this year

98Cobra
08-29-2002, 12:40 AM
I live in north Plano and have a white 2000. There is a blue '02 on my complex, but I haven't met the guy.

Lil Nicky88
08-29-2002, 02:20 AM
Tom - you pulled next to me on the freeway and then you kept pulling... Andy Cain was 400yds in front of me before I even knew what was going on... I got a kick out of it.

there is a white L in Allen with a toolbox and lots of landscaping equipment in the bed. he always tries to mess with me during rush hour.

I drive a black 01 with a huge Wicked Speed Motorsports banner on the windshield.

Thumper SVO
08-29-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Lil Nicky88

I drive a black 01 with a huge Wicked Speed Motorsports banner on the windshield.

DO you happen to work at Olive Garden, or at one time did you..

Lil Nicky88
08-29-2002, 02:25 AM
yes I still do. Did I give you bad service or something?

About 1 1/2 month ago, I saw a ton of L's and HD's over at Hooters (next door) one morning when I was coming in. I wish I could have been over there. Trucks and ti... beer.

Thumper SVO
08-29-2002, 02:29 AM
lol....bad service, no not at all. I have seen your truck around in that area and always at Olive Garden. Not that I live there just trolling through the neigborhood.

Not too many L's here in Irving unfortunately. I do see a few but none of them look like they want to be bothered by another Lightning owner:confused:

Lil Nicky88
08-29-2002, 02:32 AM
I love other L's messing with me. Most of the time they are faster, and it just gives me the urge to make mine faster.

I come up against another black 01 on Rowlett Road a couple of weeks ago. Was that anyone on here? I asked him about his exhaust because his truck was loud. (sounded damned good)

Thumper SVO
08-29-2002, 02:34 AM
I agree with you. I love my Lightning. I'm a big proponent of the 99-00 style myself. But they are al great to me. Maybe next time I'm in your area and I see your truck there I'll grab a bite to eat and we can shoot the breeze!:tu:

Lil Nicky88
08-29-2002, 03:33 AM
That would be cool. The name is Derek.

Thumper SVO
08-29-2002, 03:34 AM
Cool...The OG off 35 , correct?

Lil Nicky88
08-29-2002, 03:37 AM
Ha! No. The one off of 75. Were you talking to the wrong Lightning driver? :p

Thumper SVO
08-29-2002, 03:49 AM
LOL! Close enough! I've seen TOO many Lightnings driving around, I forget ;)

tliss
08-29-2002, 07:32 AM
I was at that little Hooters gathering you're talking about! The guys from F150World had a little lunch gathering there, so I figured it would be a good excuse to go to Hooters (waking up in the morning is a good excuse to go to Hooters!). Anyway, that's what that was. I may have to cruise by Olive Garden to meet you (I don't believe we've ever met). Anyway, are you heading to BoneDaddy's for the meeting next week? Anyway, we'll meet up eventually. Maybe I'll throw a little grillin party this weekend at the house. Shoot me an e-mail (thomas.liss@att.net). I will ahve to give you my home #, as my computer at home is fried (just installed Windows XP and now my modem doesn't work!). Too bad there isn't going to be much football on TV Monday.

Tom

KJ94GT
08-29-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
I live in north Plano and have a white 2000. There is a blue '02 on my complex, but I haven't met the guy.

Hmm, I live in North Plano off of Legacy. I rarely see any other Lightnings around my area. I only see them while driving to Richardson in the mornings, and coming home in the evenings. Occassionally I'll run across a few. They are becoming more and more abundant daily! It's kinda cool when you pass another Lightning and you get "the wave," ya know? :D

Hey Keith, maybe we need to swing over to Olive Garden ASAP! Bring your ghetto butt out of Irving sometime...:cool:

Lil Nicky88
08-29-2002, 03:11 PM
If you guys came in, I would hook you up with free bread and salad... :D

When you guys are up at Kellers, do you ever see a blue 71 Chevy c10 sitting low with a 6:71 blower out of the hood? That's my buddy Shane. That truck is a 9s ride, with over 1k hp. And completely street legal, with a bad@ss system.

I'll try to make it to that meeting. What time and night?

98Cobra
08-29-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by KJ94GT

Hmm, I live in North Plano off of Legacy. I rarely see any other Lightnings around my area. I only see them while driving to Richardson in the mornings, and coming home in the evenings. Occassionally I'll run across a few. They are becoming more and more abundant daily! It's kinda cool when you pass another Lightning and you get "the wave," ya know? :D

I know! I guess its still a pretty unique vehicle. :) I actually live on Ohio just south of 121. What color is your truck?

Thumper SVO
08-29-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by KJ94GT

Hey Keith, maybe we need to swing over to Olive Garden ASAP! Bring your ghetto butt out of Irving sometime...:cool:

Yup! Sounds like OG is the place to be :D

If spomeone were to throw a grilling get together at ones house I'd be willing to go and meet some of the other members of the TALON board.

Btw, Irving is not THAT ghetto :tongue:

Thumper SVO
08-29-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra

I know! I guess its still a pretty unique vehicle. :) I actually live on Ohio just south of 121. What color is your truck?

KJ94GT has a black 99L

ken cryder
08-29-2002, 11:27 PM
hi guys up here in the waste land [denton ] there are only a few lightnings. most of them stock and know one will play. i have only run against one at the 1/8 mile track north of denton . i mess with people minds because of the 450hp stickers i put on the fenders never dynoed it so i really dont know what she's pushing. just took off the venom 1000 system i had and sent it back darn thing wouldn't work. computer kept getting so hot you couldn't hold it in your bare hands. just installed an NOS wet system today. going to test it tomorrow night at the track. the guys hate to be beaten by a truck. lol . will try to make next meeting to meet the guys .mine is 99 black with lightning bolts engraved in the windows.:tu:

Thumper SVO
08-29-2002, 11:33 PM
That sounds like a nasty little setup you have there. Reason mine is stock is due to it being my tow hehicle and my waranty isnt up yet ;)

I hate demodding... Hope to see you around as well.

Sixpipes
08-29-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ken cryder
just installed an NOS wet system today. going to test it tomorrow night at the track. tu:
Try to make it out to Redline tomorrow night. Three of us will be there so far. :cool:

Tony2000
08-30-2002, 12:44 AM
I'm in Carrollton white/w chekerd flag on hte back window.
off the topic where is redline.

Thumper SVO
08-30-2002, 12:55 AM
Redline is way off 30, east, towards Paris.

MadMax
08-30-2002, 12:57 AM
http://www.redlineraceway.com/schedule.htm

Thumper SVO
08-30-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by MadMax
http://www.redlineraceway.com/schedule.htm

Better!:tu:

Lil Nicky88
08-30-2002, 01:16 AM
Redline is just on the other side of Rockwall, in Royse City. To be technical though, it has a Caddo Mills address. It's next to the roundy round dirt track.:tu:

OneRedTXBolt
09-04-2002, 08:59 PM
I'm also in Plano quite a bit. Live in Richardson.

I drive a 2001 Red and the only sticker I have says Eaton Inside. :) (old school LOL)

There is a black 99-00 that I always see right across Duck Creek when I'm in the driveway of my house. Is that anybody out there?

KJ94GT
09-04-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by OneRedTXBolt
I'm also in Plano quite a bit. Live in Richardson.

I drive a 2001 Red and the only sticker I have says Eaton Inside. :) (old school LOL)

There is a black 99-00 that I always see right across Duck Creek when I'm in the driveway of my house. Is that anybody out there?

Um, what streets? I live in Plano, work in Richardson. It might be me. :D

OneRedTXBolt
09-04-2002, 10:14 PM
Right near Yale & Syracuse...

KJ94GT
09-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by OneRedTXBolt
Right near Yale & Syracuse...
Check your PMs.

FAT-TRUCK
09-14-2002, 05:55 AM
I live in Irving at the Santa Rosa Apartments (Las Colinas).
I'ts a 2001 Red Lightning with a small white "Lightning" sticker and a small red "SVT" sticker on the rear sliding glass window. If your a fellow member of TALON then stop me if you see me around because I'm new to the L game and I don't know any of you!!!

Later,
Abdul

Thumper SVO
09-16-2002, 11:20 PM
Abdul, I am recently moving out that way, off Macarthur and 114. I currently live off Beltline /Pioneer In Irving. Hit me upsome tiome and we can meet up or exchange numbers :tu:

-Keith