PDA

View Full Version : Installing Stereo Stuff in 2004

Silver_2000
02-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Decided to do the work myself - and I'm really enjoying it

Have 2 speakers installed - Installed sound deadening on entire door and have power wire run to back. Also have Line level RCA converters soldered to new Ford radio plug

Should be able to finish up tomorrow. Earmark installed this stuff in the 2000 and they did a real nice job on the wires and terminations. Its all going very well. Looking forward to better sound - More Bass...

Once this part is done then swapping to the MP3/Sat capable radio will be easy next week

I have to remember to wear gloves tomorrow the sound deadening is slicing the crap out of my fingers....

Doug

PoorSvtman
02-13-2005, 01:44 AM
Sounds fun. What kind of sound deadening material are you using. Thats going to be one of my next to-dos for the L

dboat
02-13-2005, 04:17 AM

I have to remember to wear gloves tomorrow the sound deadening is slicing the crap out of my fingers....

Doug

Doug,
Having the sound deadening stuff installed on my truck for this very reason, are you using the kind with the foil backing?
Dana

Silver_2000
02-13-2005, 09:32 AM
I should have ordered the stuff from the internet BUT because Im impatient and wanted to get this done this weekend - I spent a fortune on stuff they sell at Circuit City .. $100 for 20 square feet - Thats $5 bucks a square foot for foil backed sticky crap ... Left little blood spots all around the pass rear speaker .. LOL

BUT it seems more flexible than the stuff Earmark used AND Im using more of it - THe sound should be awsome - I may end up buying some more from the internet and taking the seats out and doing the whole cab.

Car Toys wanted $140 for 20 square feet of Dynamat Extreme.

Supposedly you can get 50 square feet of a couple brands for about $100 on the net

Doug

99WhiteBeast
02-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I should have ordered the stuff from the internet BUT because Im impatient and wanted to get this done this weekend - I spent a fortune on stuff they sell at Circuit City .. $100 for 20 square feet - Thats $5 bucks a square foot for foil backed sticky crap ... Left little blood spots all around the pass rear speaker .. LOL

BUT it seems more flexible than the stuff Earmark used AND Im using more of it - THe sound should be awsome - I may end up buying some more from the internet and taking the seats out and doing the whole cab.

Car Toys wanted $140 for 20 square feet of Dynamat Extreme.

Supposedly you can get 50 square feet of a couple brands for about $100 on the net

Doug

If you plan on doing the whole cab I would check out the stuff they sell at Depot or Lowes. Not quite as thick as Dynomat but a lot cheaper.

my2002lightning
02-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Doug,

Check this out for some interior stereo/gauge bling! http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/bows.gif

http://maptechenterprises.netfirms.com/store/nfoscomm/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=45

Ronald

Silver_2000
02-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Doug,

Check this out for some interior stereo/gauge bling! http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/bows.gif

http://maptechenterprises.netfirms.com/store/nfoscomm/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=45

Ronald

Since Im using the stock radio that stuff wont fit

Doug

Silver_2000
02-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Well

the Stereo install is done - Time for a shower and a test ride ... Sounds awsome.. Moved the sub from behind my seat to behind the passenger - gives me room to stash stuff behind my seat and is supposed to give better base...

Doug

Mark #2
02-13-2005, 08:11 PM

Have 2 speakers installed - Installed sound deadening on entire door and have power wire run to back. Also have Line level RCA converters soldered to new Ford radio plug

Should be able to finish up tomorrow. Earmark installed this stuff in the 2000 and they did a real nice job on the wires and terminations. Its all going very well. Looking forward to better sound - More Bass...

Once this part is done then swapping to the MP3/Sat capable radio will be easy next week

Doug

It's 2005, and yes that stuff does cut you up.:)

Silver_2000
02-13-2005, 08:53 PM
It's 2005, and yes that stuff does cut you up.:)

2004 refers to the year of the truck - not my mental time warp