PDA

View Full Version : for everyone that responded to lighting break-in

wishihadone
02-15-2005, 05:33 PM
i just became a member to say this.You said that they got your wallet and a dvd...NOBODY has mentioned identity theft.These guys see a nice truck..and WOW he must have good credit so lets Break in and still what ever has your name on it and address and from that they can get your SSN very easily..come on guys this should be the first thing everyone should have thought about..NOT YOUR TRUCK>>>YOUR IDENTITY...

LonghornLightning
02-15-2005, 05:35 PM
that's a pretty good point, My little brother 17 opened up a bank account at wells fargo and needed a parent on the account b/c he is a minor so my older brother went. When they ran his Social security, there was a wells fargo member already with that social number so they cancelled all his crap..pretty hilarious actually. I guess the guy had just had one generated and was using it for however long.

98Cobra
02-15-2005, 05:38 PM
That is a good point - however I never leave any of that stuff in my vehicle. I am surprised anybody does.

00Bolt
02-15-2005, 05:40 PM
good thought, but wallet, ss card, etc are never in my truck.... i even carry insurance card in my wallet....

Shiner1
02-15-2005, 06:54 PM
My sister-in-laws car was broken into a few months ago and they got the usual stuff (cd's, change) but what the bastards took and no one noticed until it was too late was the garage door opener. This happened over night and they came back later in the day and opened the garage door and guess what they found.....My brothers Factory 5, Cobra replica....oops! :hammer:

sonicbluetommy
02-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Normally I don't leave that kind of stuff in my truck, especially out where it can be seen (only my cell phnoe was laying out). In this case, it was 4:30 in the afternoon, bright, sunny, at the Chipotle on Lemmon and I could see the passenger side of my truck (they got the drivers side). I didnt honestly think anyone would break into it with it that close and in site of the sitting area. Guess I know better now.

Luckily even though they got my wallet, they didn't get much, $40, and nothing had my address on it. My drivers license was from Missouri and did not have my address down here or my SSN on it, we have that option in Missouri.

It looks like they took a screwdriver and punched in and up on the key area popping the lock up. I am guessing it took them about a second! We live in the technologically advanced 21st century and Ford can't put a decent alarm on a $34,000 truck.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13694&sort=1&cat=500&page=1