PDA

View Full Version : Motion Lighting

SILVER2000SVT
02-18-2005, 09:16 AM
Maybe someone can help. I really like the idea of the motion light for security reasons. Most of these are all in one units, the only problem is that if I set it sensitive enough to pick up someone entering the driveway it would pick up the traffic on the street. Is there a remote sensor available that I can put near the end of my driveway facing toward the house that can trigger the light back at the house? Preferably wireless, and weather resistant.

Beaudee
02-18-2005, 11:48 AM
I like that idea!I leave one on all night,and one boosted max.when a car drives by,it does come on.I set light on for 5 min..I use 150watt floods.You can adjust the sensor just right,but it takes a few trys.I know you can use a sensor @ the end of driveway hard wired,and you can also have it ring or buzz something in the house.The sensors can also be used to control other lights.I know one thing a thief around my house better have big balls,sunglasses and a bullet proof vest.When both lights kick on its very intimidating.You also have to keep in mind most of these lights have more than 180 degree sensing.A remote sensor would be great turned facing the house, but i never heard of one.I bet some hi dollar lighting store does though.Batterys would be a pain in the butt though! :cool:

L8 APEX
02-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Alpine is our resident electrician.

99WhiteBeast
02-18-2005, 03:09 PM

second that-:tu:

SILVER2000SVT
02-18-2005, 03:21 PM

This is fairly substantial diviation off of normal electrical stuff. I did a quick internet search and found some devices that are made for add ons to home security system applications but nothing that is ideal for this application. I also found some driveway monitors (like a baby monitor with motion sensor instead) but all it does is beep on the inside part when it sees something. This does make me hopeful that there is something out there that works like this monitor except provides a switching output for a device inside the house. It is cool that it says it can filter out movement caused by animals smaller than 100lbs. I just hope the local crack head doesn't fall into that catagory...

How bout it Jeff, you go any ideas?

Alpine
02-18-2005, 03:54 PM
I know exactly what you need. Call me. I can even put a remote in your car and make your whole house light up when you come home if you want, all wireless. All depends on how much money you have.:evil

Beaudee
02-18-2005, 03:55 PM
I use Journeyman Motion Light.Life time Guar..It can be adjusted to come on when some one enters your prop. and not trigger from cars driven by.I like mine to trigger when cars drive by cause the thiefs are driven buy with a car casing U.It also shuts off when sun comes up.You can adjust how long the light stays on.You can turn switch off from inside for 1 Sec. and on again , and the light stays on all the time, great for those all night projects!I got mine @ Home Depot cost about 60.00$.You can remove the sensor and use it as you wish.I think it has 240 degree action. :tu:

SILVER2000SVT
02-18-2005, 04:00 PM
I know exactly what you need. Call me. I can even put a remote in your car and make your whole house light up when you come home if you want, all wireless. All depends on how much money you have.:evil

Thanks, I'll give you a holler after work.

L1nt2B
02-18-2005, 04:55 PM
smarthome.com

REXRENEGADE
02-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Alpine = SmartElectrician.com ! :tu:

Alpine
02-18-2005, 07:06 PM
:rll: Thanks Curtis, but I think it is smartasselectrician.com :D

Tex Arcana
02-21-2005, 12:58 PM

Are you still available for electrical work?? I never heard back from ya, and I still need an electrician.