PDA

View Full Version : Pics I can't see

Lyfisin
02-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Doug,

Do you know why sometimes I'm not able to view the random gallery pictures that show at the top? I get a web page saying I'm not authorized to view them and I am logged in when I try.

An example URL (not sure if this helps) is

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4120

Wht95Lightning
02-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Log into the Gallery again and it will be fixed. It happens every once in a while. Why, I don't have a clue.

Lyfisin
02-28-2005, 01:08 PM
I didn't know the gallery had it's own login. I just clicked on the link after logging in and now it works.

I never logged into the gallery ever so I'm not sure why some worked and some didn't.

/shrug

Thanks for the help. :tu:

Silver_2000
02-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Trying not to sound like a jerk but

The message you got was

You do not have permission to view this image. You may need to login first

As was mentioned the gallery has its own login - It uses teh same User databse as the forum BUT the Gallery cookie will time out after a period of non use...

I updated the error message a few weeks ago to try to make it clearer...

Doug

Lyfisin
03-01-2005, 08:31 AM
You don't sound like a jerk. Just looks like black and white text providing info to me. :)

The reason that message didn't help me was because I didn't know about the gallery and the second login. I've never visited the gallery. I just clicked on one of the five thumbnails on the home page and got the error message. It doesn't happen on every picture and clicking on any of the random five would result in either the picture being displayed or getting the error message.

If your error page said something like "You may need to log into the gallery first." then I probably would have figured it out on my own.

:beer:

Silver_2000
03-01-2005, 09:05 AM
You don't sound like a jerk. Just looks like black and white text providing info to me. :)

The reason that message didn't help me was because I didn't know about the gallery and the second login. I've never visited the gallery. I just clicked on one of the five thumbnails on the home page and got the error message. It doesn't happen on every picture and clicking on any of the random five would result in either the picture being displayed or getting the error message.

If your error page said something like "You may need to log into the gallery first." then I probably would have figured it out on my own.

:beer:

Yeah I could add the word gallery - Good Suggestion - I have to remember that not everyone sees and understands all the features - Sometimes when you spend lots of time with your head under the hood you have to remembver that not everyone sees that view

The reason that some get the message and some dont is there was some maoning in the past on other sites about the lemonade shots I took at a race So I set the pictures in those folder to require registration to see them...

Doug