PDA

View Full Version : Met Neighbor with L today

andy_cain
08-30-2002, 04:50 PM
Right around the corner from my house is the proud owner of a white "99" L, ran into him on my way to pick up my new plates.
Wa2Fast, was great to meet you:beer:

KJ94GT
08-30-2002, 08:19 PM
Uh oh... WA 2 FST has finally made his way over here! Welcome WES!

Silver_2000
08-31-2002, 12:13 AM
Wes is having a little trouble with the registration.. we'll get it worked out.. I think it is associated with AOL ....

Doug

Sixpipes
08-31-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
I think it is associated with AOL ....

Doug
Those ba$tards!:cool:

L8 APEX
08-31-2002, 12:31 AM
AOL is the Devil and not the good kind either :d

MadMax
08-31-2002, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by andy_cain
Right around the corner from my house is the proud owner of a white "99" L, ran into him on my way to pick up my new plates.
Wa2Fast, was great to meet you:beer:

if memory serves me correct Wes has a badazz '93 2 door Mustang hardtop with a 351 Windsor. It is like a cream puff or somthing.....damn I know I should have kept that 2 door hardtop...2900 pounds...

Silver_2000
08-31-2002, 08:42 AM
He also has Badass New Z06 on laughing gas.....

http://hometown.aol.com/wa2fst/index.htm

Doug

WA 2 FST
08-31-2002, 09:10 AM
Finally made it out to this "new" board. I've been over at f150online, but not over here.

Andy...what a pleasure to meet you. That's an absolutely stunning truck. I've seen you drive by several times when I've been out mowing the yard. I don't know how you keep black so clean. :D

Be sure to throw me a rev or wave if you see me out in the yard, or in one of my vehicles! :) I live at 1200 Pinkerton, west side corner lot there at Ridgemont/Pinkerton.

You and your son might want to come check out my wife's Expedition. That thing gets more looks than either of my show-winning cars or the Lightning. The Expy is silver with the Lightning wheels, Lightning front end, bumper and grills. I also added some lbody-contoured, painted side steps which give it a lowered look...almost like it has ground-effects.

The '90 Mustang is for sale. Alas, after 12 years of ownership, I have found that I just do not drive it much anymore. With my schedule, and changing priorities, I seldom get to the track...and its just a downright scary ride on the street.

But who knows what might replace it? ;)

Stop by any time, Andy. Thanks for taking the time to throw it in reverse and chat.

WA 2 FST
08-31-2002, 09:18 AM
Here's a pic...nothing fancy. Just a plain 'ole '99 that's been lowered 2". I have REALLY had to restrain myself with modifying this thing more. It _is_ my company truck, and I've got other ways to kick my "mod" habit.

WA 2 FST
08-31-2002, 09:22 AM
'90 Mustang and '02 Z06:

WA 2 FST
08-31-2002, 09:25 AM
BTW, Andy...

Love the plates! Very original. :)

devildog92
09-01-2002, 09:50 AM
Glad to see you man! :tu:

I inhabit this board more than the Mustang stuff bud, even though the wife has her first stang. I think you'll find all the guys just as cool as the other list. Have a good one!

Moonshine
09-03-2002, 10:41 AM
Hey Wes, welcome to our little board. I thought you'd disappeared, but that may just have been because I stopped posting on f150online. Glad to have you here. :tu:

Dan, just as cool?????? Bite your tongue. :hammer:

Logan
09-03-2002, 11:52 AM
Just as cool? :confused:

We are cool incarnate dammit. :banana: :beer:

WA 2 FST
09-03-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Moonshine
Hey Wes, welcome to our little board. I thought you'd disappeared, but that may just have been because I stopped posting on f150online. Glad to have you here. :tu:

Thanks for the welcome, Moonshine.

I haven't posted on F150 in awhile either. I've been spending my little amount of internet forum time over at the (hushed voice) Z06 forum. Oops...I know that is sacriledge here. ;)

Still bleeding Ford blue (that's why I bought a blue Vette),

98Cobra
09-04-2002, 12:57 AM
Hey Wes, I have been having trouble *sending* mail, so I couldn't reply to your post on the other list. I just wanted to say I am sorry to see WA 2 FST go. That car is truly legendary.

That said, I hope you get something even more head turning, although it will be hard. A new GT-40 perhaps? :D

wesman
09-04-2002, 01:04 AM
Hey Wes,

Did I meet you at Streetworks a couple months back dynoing your car? I was dynoing my '00 Red L, with all the Z guys. I assume the car you sold was the Mustang you dynoed....she was a beauty...sorry to see her leave the state.

Time to start on the L I guess.

--wes

OneRedTXBolt
09-04-2002, 02:34 PM
I think this note would be more appropriate here:

Wes,

I can't believe you went over to the dark side! :eek2:

Have you already sold the Mustang?

James

andy_cain
09-04-2002, 02:53 PM
In the grand scheem of things...lets not loose sight of the fact that he is still a fellow "L" owner...that in itself qualifys him for coolness:D

OneRedTXBolt
09-04-2002, 02:58 PM
There's no doubt that Wes is a cool guy - but I'm sure he expected some level of ribbing when he bought the Z06.

After all, it's not every Ford guy that will buy a Chevy :d

WA 2 FST
09-04-2002, 03:38 PM
Hey guys,

I can handle the ribbing regarding the Brand X vehicle that has been in the garage since Jan. '02. :) I sold the '98 Saleen S351 I had and went looking for something else besides a Mustang.

I chose the Z06 over a Viper GTS ('98-99 model...so the ones I drove were slightly used) and an M3 coupe. If you haven't driven a Z06, then you may not understand its appeal, and that's cool. It is an incredible car, but I won't lavish too much praise on it here. ;)

Yes, the LX sold yesterday. A young man from CA flew out and wrote me a check. It gets shipped back to him in 10-14 days. On to new and different things. Priorities change and I was not driving or racing the car at all. So, basically you could say I wasn't enjoying it. :(

I'm sure I'll miss it at times, but there will be other "toys".

With regards to the L, I've just been really nervous to mod it much at all. I have a 2lb pulley in my garage awaiting install, but I like the chip I have, and don't want to have to mess with having another one burned. I may install the pulley and hope that it works fine with the chip.

Getting the truck into the 105-106mph range would be nice. :) Next time I get to the track, though, I'll be in the Z06 running the nitrous. :D

wesman,

We did meet at SpeedWorks. I was trying to help a friend tune his car, and threw mine on there. Glad I did as I had a misfire at high rpms. Got that taken care of :), and the car was back to smoking the drag radials at 80mph.

Crawford
09-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Wes,

Now that you have sold your Mustangs, its time to get an 03 Cobra!!! WOOHOO!

WA 2 FST
09-04-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Crawford
Wes,

Now that you have sold your Mustangs, its time to get an 03 Cobra!!! WOOHOO!

Sam, is that you?

Some people are gifted with ESP. :tongue:

The thought has crossed my mind. Trust me, that open garage bay isn't gonna stay empty _too_ long. :D

Here's a list of potentials: '03 Cobra, '66 Cobra replica, '67-69 Mustang convertible (restomod)...its gonna have a big block, '68-69 big-block Vette convertible

It's too early to make a decision.

Crawford
09-05-2002, 12:02 AM
Yep its me. Man the Cobra replica would be super sweet. I have always dreamed of owning one of those. When I was back in college I was on my way home from Denton and I came up on a metalic blue with the dual white stripes. It looked and sounded beautiful! I just rode next to the guy for about 10 miles looking and listening to that beast! I know you will make the right decision Wes!

WA 2 FST
09-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, Sam!

Tell ya what...if I end up getting hold of someone else's project that they got bored with, and buy a Cobra replica that meets my expectations, then I'll let you be the first to know and we'll go take it for a spin!! :D:burnout:

Silver_2000
09-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Guys

Check out Racing Adventures.com They run racing schools featuring Factory Five replicas all over the country. They run in Houston once a year or so ... I flew to Calgary a yare or 2 ago to do it and even though they only have 351's in them they are still torque monsters since they only weigh 2200 lbs..
http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/calgary/racing_adventures_calgary.htm
Doug

Crawford
09-05-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by WA 2 FST
Thanks for the encouragement, Sam!

Tell ya what...if I end up getting hold of someone else's project that they got bored with, and buy a Cobra replica that meets my expectations, then I'll let you be the first to know and we'll go take it for a spin!! :D:burnout:

Wes,
That would be awesome! Let me know what happens!

Razor
09-06-2002, 12:43 PM
What are you asking for the mustang? What block is under the hood? shoot me an E_MAIL...thx Chris

Mark #2
09-06-2002, 02:14 PM
FYI,
I've got an old project that I've lost intrest in, '72 911 2.7L RS specs, cage, new calipers, race tires, extra rims. Need finished painting and assembly.

WA 2 FST
09-08-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Razor
What are you asking for the mustang? What block is under the hood? shoot me an E_MAIL...thx Chris

Chris,

Thanks for your interest, but the car sold in the middle of last week. A young man from CA flew into town and wrote me a check.

The asking price was "best offer over $22k" and I'm pleased with the deal we made.

The block is a Bennett Racing built A4 SVO block (4-bolt), with a SCAT billet steel crank (internal balance), Oliver billet rods, Ross pistons. 8.8:1 CR for "pump gas friendly" driving. :D No junk here.