PDA

View Full Version : Leveling the L

04 RedApple
03-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi folks...I'm new to the club and have been reading a lot, although, not doing a lot of posting. Just wanted to jump in and ask a question about lowering my 04 L. I know this has probably been beaten to death!

I have researched a lot of material on the different websites and seem to get more confused as I read. Originally wanted to get a 2" drop in the rear to kinda level it out, which I understand will require a 3" or 4" shackle. Now I read about things like sway and body roll when you come out of corners under power, pinion alighment, etc. when you go this high!

Has anyone had this problem?
Also, has any 04 owners used the 2'' shackles, which I understand do not cause these type of problems? If so, did it make enough change that you could you see the difference?

sonicbluetommy
03-09-2005, 12:35 AM
my 04 with a 2" shackle looks about like the stock 02 and earlier ones. And it has no problems with body roll and i have put at least 1500 in it a couple of times.

In fact i would say it handles better being lower down.

Look in the gallery under my pics of it.

L8 APEX
03-09-2005, 01:03 AM
You can do shackles for $90 installed but it will still have a lot of rake. We can de arch the springs 3-4 inches which runs about $275 installed. Or do a full suspension kit like Hotchkis or Roush for 11-1200.