PDA

View Full Version : Saw a cool street race last night.

Sixpipes
08-31-2002, 04:59 PM
On the way home, a new Dodge Ram was messing with HIHOAG on LBJ. Bunch of high school kids I think. They finally tempted him beyond was he was capable of handling and he gassed it for a short burst. Enough to pull several cars ahead. After Mark let off, the Dodge took off with two thumbs up hanging out the passenger window. :cool:

But the really cool one was on George Bush at about 11:30 last night. A C-4 Vette and a Viper followed me off of North Central onto George Bush West. As I merged onto the tollway, the Vette went around me and slowed to maybe 50mph. The Viper then pulled up to the Vette and slowed. I was right on the Vettes bumper when they hit it. Holy crap!!!!!!!!! About a second after they took off, I punched it. They pulled steadily away with the Vette finally pulling in front of the Viper. I stayed in it until I hit about 100mph, but they were long gone. About another mile up the road, I saw them restage and hit it again. The Lightnings are fast, but let me tell you, at a 50mph roll on after giving them about a second headstart, I looked exactly like what I was, a spectator. I've got to get my chip working.

The Vette looked like a Grand Sport (a dark collor with white stripes) and the Viper was the standard red color. Don't know what the Vette had done to it, but that thing was nasty. Very loud too. I think I will stay out late more often. :cool:

tliss
08-31-2002, 09:34 PM
It's amazing what happens when the common folk sleep!

Tom

Mark #2
08-31-2002, 10:22 PM
Had to let off due to the Z28 in crashed into the left wall of 635, and what kind of new Mustang with the side pipes was parked on the right side of road??

tliss
09-02-2002, 10:30 AM
They had just finished clearing up the mess from that wreck when I passed through there. I saw the flashing lights from a distance but by the time I got up there they were all gone. I bet they were racing and one of them lost control. Another reminder why I don't street race.

Tom

Sixpipes
09-02-2002, 11:28 AM
Actually, the smashed one was a dark colored (blue I think) WS6. The Mustang looked like about a 98 Cobra (oil can paint). I would be surprised if anyone was seriously hurt. Anyone that races at high speeds in traffic on LBJ is crazy, IMO.

Ron C
09-11-2002, 11:01 AM
I know the folks you seen racing the vette and viper....

You should have followed them, they were most likely heading to our meeting spot... We do frequent high speed runs late at night.... And those two cars aren't the fastest in the group.

Ron C