PDA

View Full Version : New License plates

devildog92
08-31-2002, 11:00 PM
Got my letterin the mail today for new plates...Z28*KLR. Should prove to be some fun for LT1/LS1 folk.

Sorry I missed y'all today at TMS. Had church tonight and didn't find out about the races until too late. Pretty fun stuff?

tliss
09-01-2002, 10:40 AM
Dan, you're just beggin' for trouble with those plates! :tu:

TMS was a riot, except for pro 5.0 Mustang boy that held us back. Terry and I were stuck behind a caged 5.0 the whole time. It was still a blast to get on the track, though.

Tom

WA 2 FST
09-01-2002, 03:14 PM
The Mustang was going _that_ slow? You need to drive behind me sometime. :) Maybe it just had a lot of parts to give it the "look", but really had nothing.

Dan, Tom is right. You're asking for it with those plates. ;)

You better get that truck into the 11s soon! :D You're gonna get raced all the time, and there's some stout competition out there.

devildog92
09-01-2002, 05:11 PM
Racing is the point, huh? :D

I am thinking of getting a fan and 'R' pump from Terry next week. Besides that, I am pushing the limit on mods that are left for performance BESIDES another increase in boost via pulley swap, and my bottom end will surely shatter. Besides, after 6lbs the Eaton becomes inefficient due to temp charges, etc.

I am up for more options for hp increase from anyone though LOL

devildog92
09-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Hey Terry, can you install a 75 shot of NO2 this week? That should get me into 11's :eek2:

WA 2 FST
09-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by devildog92
Racing is the point, huh? :D

Only if your success ratio is pretty good. :)

Not saying it won't be...it will just depend on the day of the week, probably. Lots of fast vehicles around here.

I agree about trying to overspin the Eaton blower too fast.

What about that new Kenne Bell blower setup? Anyone on here got one? That still doesn't alleviate the "stock bottom end" issue, however.

L8 APEX
09-01-2002, 06:16 PM
NOS eh?:D Going to have to trade up to a flip chip and few other goodies:tu: The pace out at the track was street speed this dude was just being retarded and deserved a double Lightning arse kicking:mad:

devildog92
09-01-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by WA 2 FST
Only if your success ratio is pretty good. :)

Not saying it won't be...it will just depend on the day of the week, probably. Lots of fast vehicles around here.

I agree about trying to overspin the Eaton blower too fast.

What about that new Kenne Bell blower setup? Anyone on here got one? That still doesn't alleviate the "stock bottom end" issue, however.

I agree. I really, REALLY try not to street race though. Too many variables and such to cause incidents. Anyway, the L will not be an everyday driver but for another 2-3 wks or so, I am changing jobs and will have a co. car. Did I see somewhere it costs 17k for the KB, quality JDM bottom end, and a retune?

WA 2 FST
09-02-2002, 09:16 AM
Dan,

I'm with you on the street racing thing. I've got WA 2 much going on to leave this life early, and my wife and two kids behind. At the least, I don't want to be hauled off to jail by the Plano PD. Not cool.

I haven't even "juiced" someone in my Z06 yet. The only time I've used the nitrous in 4 months is to take friends for a hairy ride. Gotta get it to the track this fall. :)

Stay safe, and have fun my friend. :D