PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel weights

03LightningRocks
03-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Here are the numbers....

Good....Stock Wheels/Tires = 65 lbs each
Better....Welds Wheels/Tires = 49 lbs each
Holy Sh!t.... Bogart Wheels/Tires = 29 lbs each

That is 72 lbs of rotating mass off of the front end. These front runners are a trip. You can just fling them around with one hand...LOL.

Michael....I will be blinging out your front runners tommorrow....:D ...Polishing.

Let me know when you want to get them.

Rocks:nana2

BC Lightning
03-28-2005, 11:23 PM
well I can't miss class wednesday night like I thought I could, apparently I have a test that night :rolleyes: , so I will get them next week like we talked about. Good luck this week at FFW.

dboat
03-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Here are the numbers....

Good....Stock Wheels/Tires = 65 lbs each
Better....Welds Wheels/Tires = 49 lbs each
Holy Sh!t.... Bogart Wheels/Tires = 29 lbs each

That is 72 lbs of rotating mass off of the front end. These front runners are a trip. You can just fling them around with one hand...LOL.

Michael....I will be blinging out your front runners tommorrow....:D ...Polishing.

Let me know when you want to get them.

Rocks:nana2
Pics?

03LightningRocks
03-29-2005, 09:22 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226Picture_017r.jpghttp://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/226Picture_018r.jpg

:beer:

ghostt
03-30-2005, 01:43 AM
i saw a carbon fiber on dfwstangs the other day but cant fine the pics to it , at a cost of 1500 a rim and i think it was a total of just 8lbs. it was kind of ugly but a lil paint and i think they would look a lot better.

03LightningRocks
03-30-2005, 03:45 AM
The wheels are probably 8 lbs. Tires are tires...I guess if you let the air out of them, you might shed some weight...J/K.

The front bogarts without the tires weigh 10.5 lbs. The rest of the weight I posted above was the tire...about 18.5lbs worth. So for the carbon fiber wheels, you would shed another 2.5lbs per wheel/tire combo.

i saw a carbon fiber on dfwstangs the other day but cant fine the pics to it , at a cost of 1500 a rim and i think it was a total of just 8lbs. it was kind of ugly but a lil paint and i think they would look a lot better.

Mark #2
03-30-2005, 11:31 AM
And if you fill them with He instead of Air you can gain an 86% reduction in the weight inside the tire.:)

dboat
03-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Rocks,
Those look pretty darned good. I like them :tu: .. I dont think that I would pay the difference for the carbon fiber wheels though..
Dana

03LightningRocks
03-30-2005, 11:56 PM
I don't think I would either, Dana. I have about reached the limit on dollar VS gain when it comes to front runners. Loosing another 2 lbs would not do much for my times.

Thanks for the compliments on the wheels...:D .

Rocks:beer:

T Hogg
03-31-2005, 10:51 AM
I don't think I would either, Dana. I have about reached the limit on dollar VS gain when it comes to front runners. Loosing another 2 lbs would not do much for my times.

Thanks for the compliments on the wheels...:D .

Rocks:beer:

Your going to need all you can get!:d

03LightningRocks
03-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Your going to need all you can get!:d

Be scared Terry...be very very scared....:eek: .

Rocks:evil

Mark #2
03-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Be scared Terry...be very very scared....:eek: .

Rocks:evil

Until you get one of those little hidden buttons, I vote for Terry.:D

sonicbluetommy
04-01-2005, 12:29 AM
And if you fill them with He instead of Air you can gain an 86% reduction in the weight inside the tire.:)

Always thinkin like an engineer! (We need a smilie with a slide rule on it for Mark).

So have a test for you. And I will NOT be checking your answer. :rll:
It's been a long time since chemistry.

What IS the total weight of the air in those tires vs helium? Just curious.
Of course, this is assuming 16 psi at a standard temp.

HHMMM.....wonder how much more weight Rocks could save if he used hydrogen? I can get my hands on a cylinder of that! What you say Rocks? :D :D :D

Did everyone know hydrogen burns totally clear, no flame. The only way to know if it is burning is if you see the heat waves or lean over and loose your eyebrows. And yes, I have seen a guy loose his eyebrows he was real lucky that was all he lost). Imagine a 6'4 cowboy with no eyebrows....we accused him of being a drag queen on the weekends! :rll:

PoorSvtman
04-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Helium would leak out...... Friends run it in there air ride on the chevy s-10s.. Lets you jump the front end pretty good compared to air, but it leaks out of the bags over night.

sonicbluetommy
04-01-2005, 01:02 AM
Damn those small atoms!!!!!

Tex Arcana
04-01-2005, 01:27 AM
Damn, Rocks, those tires can't be more'n 10" in diameter, might as well yank the fronts off an OLD Mini, if you wanna shave a few hundreths more off your ET... :d