PDA

View Full Version : Fun Ford Weekend - Houston Raceway Park April 29,30, & May 1st

True Blue Aggie
04-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Since this is such a big event, I figure I would ask now and see who wanted to go to Houston for the Fun Ford Weekend. I am 95% committed to going all three days, but will absolutely be there Sat. and Sun.

Can someone make this a sticky note till the race?

Michael :tu:

03LightningRocks
04-04-2005, 10:48 PM
I'll be there fer sure...LOL. I have received a few emails from others talikng of going.

Let's get it together and maybe all shack up at the same Hotel....:cool: .

Rocks:beer:

TP Derrick D
04-04-2005, 11:00 PM
I plan to go,but may not know for sure until a few days before. :burnout:

SpeedyBolt
04-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Well I just got back from FFW in LA and would probably wind up divorced if I went to this one to. I really want to go but I don't know if my truck will be ready by then! I'm arguing with Ford right now for a new blower!

03LightningRocks
04-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Well I just got back from FFW in LA and would probably wind up divorced if I went to this one to. I really want to go but I don't know if my truck will be ready by then! I'm arguing with Ford right now for a new blower!

Come on Billy...Just who wears the pants around that house. Sit her down at the kitchen table and say, "Now look Bitch, I am going to Houston and that is that".

By the way.....I've been divorced now for 8 years,my advice may be a little out of date.:evil

Thanks for the heads up on the disconnected hose....my truck was idleing like sh!t, after putting that back on, she ran great.:beer:

Rocks

SpeedyBolt
04-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the disconnected hose....my truck was idleing like sh!t, after putting that back on, she ran great.:beer:

Rocks

No prob bob, anytime! How did you wind up doing? Sorry I didn't get to say bye, my buddy was ready to go and we were in his truck so you know how that goes! Great fun hanging out with ya', look foward to the next time! :beer:

03LightningRocks
04-05-2005, 06:00 PM
No prob bob, anytime! How did you wind up doing? Sorry I didn't get to say bye, my buddy was ready to go and we were in his truck so you know how that goes! Great fun hanging out with ya', look foward to the next time! :beer:

Made to the semi finals.....To be honest with ya, I didn't notice you had halled arse until I was loading the trailer. Sundays stress me out at these things.

Ron;)

True Blue Aggie
04-05-2005, 06:16 PM
And you were the No.1 qualifier....don't forget that. That itself is pretty cool...:tu:

SpeedyBolt
04-05-2005, 06:29 PM
And you were the No.1 qualifier....don't forget that. That itself is pretty cool...:tu:

Totally the fastest truck there by FAR!!!!!!

03LightningRocks
04-05-2005, 06:32 PM

LOL....yeah...and I didn't even know it untill after the race and someone else told me I was. I need to get a fricking cage. I was playing heck trying to slow my truck down. I was running my largest upper(3.5) and still running under 11.4x's. It really through me off trying not to get thrown out of the track during eliminations....:hammer:

True Blue Aggie
04-05-2005, 06:45 PM
And you are not doing to bad in the points right now either....get a win or two and you have a good chance at this. :tu:

Sixpipes
04-05-2005, 07:05 PM
It's on my calendar, but the way my schedule has been lately, who knows? :cool:

03LightningRocks
04-05-2005, 07:56 PM
OK then...somebody post up what the hotel of choice will be. We can all stay at the same one....:beer: .

Mark #2
04-05-2005, 08:48 PM
It's on my calendar, but the way my schedule has been lately, who knows? :cool:

Same with me with all the travel to Japan, China, and Germany, but for us married guys this has been a good party weekend. I plan to go.

Mark

02BOLT
04-05-2005, 09:35 PM
I may try to roll down there, at least for Saturday. I'll be keepin' up with the thread.:tu:

True Blue Aggie
04-09-2005, 01:33 AM
As of 1:30 Sat. morning, there were $50 hotels available at the LaQuinta and Best Western in Baytown. If you think you are going to this event, think about making the hotel arraingements now. you can always cancel the week or two before the event, with no charge....

03LightningRocks
04-09-2005, 11:15 AM
As of 1:30 Sat. morning, there were $50 hotels available at the LaQuinta and Best Western in Baytown. If you think you are going to this event, think about making the hotel arraingements now. you can always cancel the week or two before the event, with no charge....

LOL....I think that LaQuinta is the flea Bag I stayed at last year. It was right in the middle of the Barrio:D ...and it was under remodeling with cheap smelling lead based paint on the wood planks being used for windows. It was actually good that the paint smelled so bad, because the Black mold growing out of all the walls probably would have really stunk....

Get the picture? ;)

(Edit...I just checked the FFW site. The flea Bag I was talking about may have been the Quality Inn. I remember it was the hotel recommended by FFW because I bitched about it to them...LOL)

Mark #2
04-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Same with me with all the travel to Japan, China, and Germany, but for us married guys this has been a good party weekend. I plan to go.

Mark

Just checked the schedule again and this is Dale Earnhardt's birthday weekend, so I cannot go...okay the SO's birthday weekend.
Mark

True Blue Aggie
04-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Just sending this to the top for anyone who is interested. I plan on leaving on Friday morning to go down. I think Rocks is leaving early Friday morning. If you want to go, or are for certain going....post up and I will keep track.

And I am getting a hotel tomorrow, so where are you staying Rocks. I'll see if they have anymore rooms left.

Michael :tu:

True Blue Aggie
04-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Rocks or Dennis,

Is there anything special I need to know about going to FFW? Do I need to join online and register for the TT series, or can I do it at the track? Is there anything special that FFW asks for for sign up or to race?

All pretty dumb questions, but I would hate to get there and find out I forgot something in Dallas or did not register in time...

03LightningRocks
04-18-2005, 10:54 PM
The answers are all on the FFW site. I always register by mail, but you may not have time. Call their offices in the morning. Ask for Crystal. Ask her the question and see what she says. I know you can buy a membership there, but it is going to be hairy Kerry at that place Friday morning. Get there early or you are forked and in a line for about 2 hours...LOL. I am glad to hear your signing up for TT. In the first round, the line up is random. Don't line up beside anybody with a number less than 10. Those guys will put you on the trailer quick. Find another newbie, so you can advance.....That's what all us guys with numbers under 10 do...LOL...we are all scared of each other;) .

Rocks:evil

L8 APEX
04-19-2005, 03:05 PM
I reserved a double down there Rick James and I may be there:evil . If anyone wants to split the room or needs to be trailered let me know:tu: .

True Blue Aggie
04-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Rocks and I will be shacking up (in seperate rooms thank you....) at the Holiday Inn Express in Baytown...about 5 miles from the track, and clean....

Mark #2
04-19-2005, 08:22 PM
It's the SO's birthday that weekend, but she has hinted that she may negotiate to let me go. So I may need a room. I've got a week to negotiate the requirements...and yes my "guy time" is why she has too much bling. For those of you married before or for a while you will understand the trade offs, so not sure yet.

Sixpipes
04-19-2005, 08:50 PM
It's the SO's birthday that weekend, but she has hinted that she may negotiate to let me go. So I may need a room. I've got a week to negotiate the requirements...and yes my "guy time" is why she has too much bling. For those of you married before or for a while you will understand the trade offs, so not sure yet.

Mark - If you get cleared, let me know and I'll share a room. Michael - FFW requires permanent numbers, but I can help with economy stuff if you need help. You can get your membership at the track so be prepared to part with $125 for registration/race fees. :cool:

True Blue Aggie
04-19-2005, 11:12 PM
I'll call FFW tomorrow and see about getting my registration taken care of. If so, then I can get numbers made for me from a buddy of mine (99% certain...)If I have trouble with it, I will let you know Dennis...:tu:

03LightningRocks
04-19-2005, 11:34 PM
SNIP>>>>>>>>Michael - FFW requires permanent numbers, but I can help with economy stuff if you need help. <<<<<<<<<SNIP :cool:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Economy_Number_Corporation.jpg

:evil

Sixpipes
04-20-2005, 07:16 AM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8Godzila_at_Orlando_FFW.JPGHome Depot special at $.45/number vs. FFW at $2.00. Savings when you have 5 each alpha-numeric requirements/side is $31. That's enough to buy a hamburger, small drink and fries at the track. :D

TP Derrick D
04-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Has anyone thought about a meeting place? We better start,you know how it takes a week sometimes to get everyone on same page.Is there a gas station or burger joint near 287 & I-45? Figured Tarrant county posse could go 287 past Ennis and meet Dallas County gang somewhere in that area. I still plan to go unless something comes up.Won't be taking the Stang,(something came up or went down) :(

Mark #2
04-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Mark - If you get cleared, let me know and I'll share a room. Michael - FFW requires permanent numbers, but I can help with economy stuff if you need help. You can get your membership at the track so be prepared to part with $125 for registration/race fees. :cool:

I've got a deal, rather costly but it does cover birthday and anniversary. I'm thinking the SO is better at negotiation than I.:)

Dennis sign me up for the room...thanks...again. I would also be interested in the economy numbers.

I talked to Danny S. today and he said that they are trying to come too.

Mark

J.D. Blackwell
04-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Hey there guys. Just letting ya'll know (or warning you, LOL) that I will be there. I am staying at the Quality Inn in Mont Belvieu off of Business 146.

It will be nice to see you guys again: Derrick, Terry, Ron, Mark, Dennis, etc. that have posted. I will be showing my truck both days Friday & Saturday. Will be there Friday morning.

See you guys then,
Justin or JD or dummy

03LightningRocks
04-21-2005, 03:35 PM
It will be good to see you again Justin. I plan to be there at opening, Friday morning also.

We need to save a big enough area for everyone to pit together....:cool:

TP Derrick D
04-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey there guys. Just letting ya'll know (or warning you, LOL) that I will be there. I am staying at the Quality Inn in Mont Belvieu off of Business 146.

It will be nice to see you guys again: Derrick, Terry, Ron, Mark, Dennis, etc. that have posted. I will be showing my truck both days Friday & Saturday. Will be there Friday morning.

See you guys then,
Justin or JD or dummy

JD,what's up man? I may just dust the 'ole truck show attitude off and join you. I had plan to make a few passes during test & tune and maybe get in quick Ford. :tu:

L8 APEX
04-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Bring the RV you SOB:beer: . We'll sell our rooms and party all night at the track:evil . Is your track rat buddy coming along?:D I meant the Curly headed one that lives out by you not Shane, I figured I would get a whif of him whether I wanted or not:tongue:

03LightningRocks
04-21-2005, 11:20 PM
SNIP>>>>>>>>> I figured I would get a whif of him whether I wanted or not:tongue:

Yep...same ole Terry. I found this pic from the 2003 event.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/Houston_FFW_2003.jpg

Silver_2000
04-21-2005, 11:35 PM
If I can get employment figured out by then Ill try to go .... :rolleyes:

Doug

03LightningRocks
04-21-2005, 11:37 PM
If I can get employment figured out by then Ill try to go .... :rolleyes:

Doug

Cool...edit.....that could be taken a couple ways....let's rephrase the comment.

Was it Gilda that said..........Never Mind????:rll:

L8 APEX
04-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Cool...that will give Terry another ass to wuff on........:rll: .

You may need that cage sooner than you think:
insert Rocks here:evil
http://www.flight5481flight5481.com/flight5481flight5481/images/01fire.jpg

Mark #2
04-22-2005, 07:06 PM
What are the caravan plans for Friday?

TP Derrick D
04-22-2005, 09:51 PM
What are the caravan plans for Friday?
Mark,I was trying to ask that here
v

Has anyone thought about a meeting place? We better start,you know how it takes a week sometimes to get everyone on same page.Is there a gas station or burger joint near 287 & I-45? Figured Tarrant county posse could go 287 past Ennis and meet Dallas County gang somewhere in that area. I still plan to go unless something comes up.Won't be taking the Stang,(something came up or went down)

03LightningRocks
04-22-2005, 10:44 PM
I don't know that there are any caravan plans. I know I am going to be on the road by around 5 A.M. Friday morning. Michael talked of heading up in the afternoon.....Terry hasn't said...but I bet he isn't getting up before 10 A.M. I know that is his usual schedule...Up by ten, at work by noon...LOL.

I will be finding a spot for all of us to set up together when I get there. When you arrive...look for the Big arse F250 and trailer and two canopy tents.

True Blue Aggie
04-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Right now, I'm 50/50 on the morning drive. I intend to take the day off, but there is no tellin what happens between now and Friday...

True Blue Aggie
04-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Check that....

I'm in for the Friday morning convoy. What time are meeting, and where?

03LightningRocks
04-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Michael,

I am thinking that being on the road by 6 A.M. will give enough time to arrive at the track by 10 A.M.

I always go straight down 75, maybe I can call you before we leave Plano and you can hook up with us as we go through Richardson. I try not to get my "big rig" off the freeway unless I just have to...LOL.

Sixpipes
04-25-2005, 04:58 PM
I may try to be in Richardson about 10AM depending on what Mark's schedule will allow. Maybe eat breakfast before we leave. :cool:

Mark #2
04-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Dennis, I am thinking a little earlier to make test and tune, that's 10am-4pm correct?

True Blue Aggie
04-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Yup...10am-4pm. Then the Friday night bracket race.

Mark #2
04-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Michael, what time are you thinking about leaving?

Sixpipes
04-25-2005, 06:44 PM
I can leave earlier, but 6AM is definitely out for me. :cool:

True Blue Aggie
04-25-2005, 07:24 PM
I figure I could either leave a bit later than Rocks, and still catch him. In either case, I would like to get to the track before lunch.

Mark #2
04-25-2005, 08:05 PM
I can leave earlier, but 6AM is definitely out for me. :cool:

Suggestion?

True Blue Aggie
04-25-2005, 08:13 PM
I thought all of you old people woke up at the crack of dawn anyways????

I'll be partying all night long with strippers and a keg.....:evil

Mark #2
04-25-2005, 08:25 PM
I thought all of you old people woke up at the crack of dawn anyways????

I'll be partying all night long with strippers and a keg.....:evil
What makes you think that we won't be doing the same;)

True Blue Aggie
04-25-2005, 08:28 PM
cause strippers dont start working till after 11:00.....:rll:

Sixpipes
04-25-2005, 08:30 PM

Ever heard of an afternoon nap? :cool:

Mark #2
04-25-2005, 08:35 PM
6er, what is your suggestion for leaving?

True Blue Aggie
04-25-2005, 08:38 PM
yes...take them all the time. Trust me when i say that I will more than likely be first to sleep this weekend....I'll probably have a hard time hangin with you "experienced" gentlemen....:tu:

Mark #2
04-25-2005, 08:39 PM

Is that AM or PM? :confused: I think I remember delivering some girls that started at lunch occasionally.:D

StormShadow
04-25-2005, 08:41 PM
Is that AM or PM? :confused: I think I remember delivering some girls that started at lunch occasionally.:D

Yes the Wednesday lunch girls are what you call the Skank Shift.

Mark #2
04-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Yes the Wednesday lunch girls are what you call the Skank Shift.
Yes the lunch gig was almost always the nasty girls, this was not the case, maybe I'll post pics someday, but they are all married with kids as old as most of ya'll, probably not right.

True Blue Aggie
04-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Back on topic....

What time is a good time to leave?

Mark #2
04-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Back on topic....

What time is a good time to leave?

I am thinking 8:00am at Bonedaddy's

True Blue Aggie
04-25-2005, 08:55 PM
let me see if Rocks needs help getting down to Houston. If not i'll probably leave at 8 from bonedaddy's

03LightningRocks
04-25-2005, 09:20 PM
LOL........Nope...no help needed. Now catching up with me is funny......:rll: .

I just have to see that one :eek: .

I will save enough space for four. Look me up when you fellers arrive.

Mark #2
04-25-2005, 09:23 PM
LOL........Nope...no help needed. Now catching up with me is funny......:rll: .

I just have to see that one :eek: .

I will save enough space for four. Look me up when you fellers arrive.

Agree with the catching up part. Rocks be careful on 45 just south of downtown Dallas.

Mark

True Blue Aggie
04-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Ferris / Ennis / Centerville / DPS in Madisonville / Huntsville all have police radar points.
Ferris likes to sit on the right and get you.
Ennis is just in random places.
Centerville will get you from either the rest stop or the weight station.
Madisonville..typically has a DPS at HWY 21 interchange / bridge.

After the turn off to A&M...
Huntsville, typically just south of town

Hope this helps....

03LightningRocks
04-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the "smokey report" guys...:d . If Howard is reading this, maybe he can tell you about my Coffee and Donut, radar blinder. It works great for me, but is real bad news for anyone following me.

I have 2 pop up tents and 4 folding chairs. More pop up tents would be a plus;) . That Houston heat/sun can really suck.

True Blue Aggie
04-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Just checked the weather, and we are scheduled to have Partly Cloudy weather the whole weekend. Should be great weather to get the race run.....

I'm bringing a cooler full of drinks. I'm assuming that we are not bringing the grill.... :throw:

If you have the 2-Way Radios, it might be smart to bring them for the trip down and back....

Mark #2
04-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Mini Caravan meeting place.
Chevron/McDonalds 75 and Beltline southwest corner.
8:30 am Friday.

Mark

Crawford
04-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Man... wish I could go. I knew I had a good reason for staying away! ;)
Good luck to all that go and take lots of pics!

Sixpipes
04-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Mark - I'll be there. I am also bringing another canopy. :cool:

Mark #2
04-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Mark - I'll be there. I am also bringing another canopy. :cool:
Cool, I am too white for the sun, office guy, as much as I try not to be.
See you there, Michael how about you?
Mark

03LightningRocks
04-27-2005, 10:29 PM
If somebody has a decent portable radio, you might want to bring it. Hearing the classes being called can be a challenge. With a decent radio, we can tune to the track broadcast.

Rocks;)

Silver_2000
04-28-2005, 10:13 AM
What Hotel is every one staying at ?

Im trying to see if I can make this happen

Doug

TP Derrick D
04-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Mini Caravan meeting place.
Chevron/McDonalds 75 and Beltline southwest corner.
8:30 am Friday.

Mark
I'd like to jump in the convoy @ 287 & I-45 . I live in Mansfield on the south end of Arlington so I'll leave home at 8:30 or so and hopefully be @ I-45 before you guys get there. Who's all going beside Rocks,Sixer,True Blue,Doug(?) anyway? Any of the Tarrant County posse going?

Sixpipes
04-28-2005, 10:52 AM
What Hotel is every one staying at ?

Im trying to see if I can make this happen

Doug

Mark and I are booked into the Hampton Inn on Garth Rd. in Baytown. :cool:

True Blue Aggie
04-28-2005, 11:14 AM
I'll meet everyone at McDonalds at 8:30 :tu:

Silver_2000
04-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Mark and I are booked into the Hampton Inn on Garth Rd. in Baytown. :cool:

What rate did you get ??

Sixpipes
04-28-2005, 11:48 AM
What rate did you get ??

I think it was something like $70 for two adults. :cool:

03LightningRocks
04-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Howard and I are at the Holiday Inn on I10, right near the track... 57 bucks a night...2 adults.......:cool: ...BS edit>>> I just saw that they upcharged my card...63 bucks a night. Dick Heads must have realized they where to cheap. There is some kind of clause about "special rates"...what a bunch of sh!t....:hammer: .

I think Terry is there as well. I know Michael is there.

BAYTOWN I-10 E AT GARTH RD (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hd/houby)
Holiday Inn Express
5222 I-10 EAST
BAYTOWN, TX 77521
UNITED STATES
1-281-4217200 Helpful Links
Local Maps (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/direction/HOUBY)
Find Attractions (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/nearby/HOUBY)
Make Another Reservation (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/rates) Driving Directions:
I-10 EAST, EXIT GARTH ROAD (#792), GO THROUGH LIGHT ON FEEDER. I-10 WEST, EXIT GARTH ROAD (#792), U-TURN AT INTERSECTION, ON EAST BOUND FEEDER.

Silver_2000
04-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Howard and I are at the Holiday Inn on I10, right near the track...
BAYTOWN I-10 E AT GARTH RD (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hd/houby)
Holiday Inn Express
5222 I-10 EAST
BAYTOWN, TX 77521
UNITED STATES
EXIT GARTH ROAD

Looks like a bunch of us will be on garth road ...

Doug

03LightningRocks
04-28-2005, 11:55 PM
Excellent news Doug. It will be great to see ya at another FFW event. See you there.........knana .

L8 APEX
04-28-2005, 11:58 PM
I think it was something like $70 for two adults. :cool:
Damn, what are they gonna charge us:evil

Silver_2000
04-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Excellent news Doug. It will be great to see ya at another FFW event. See you there.........knana .

Now I just need to wake up in 5 or 6 hours and stay awake for the drive down....

Doug

True Blue Aggie
04-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Hotel has internet access, so we should be able to post updates nightly. Everyone made it fine, and made a couple of passes before last runs at 4:30pm. Dinner was funny....waitress pics should be posted by Sunday...:beer:

Silver_2000
04-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Hotel has internet access, so we should be able to post updates nightly. Everyone made it fine, and made a couple of passes before last runs at 4:30pm. Dinner was funny....waitress pics should be posted by Sunday...:beer:
Here she is - camera phone pics
and some classic quotes from dinner

I can sesame street that for you, if you need me to

You ... wear a helmet

doug was detonating at the table

Sixpipes
04-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Daaaannnngggggggg...,,,,, Looks like the little lady was looking at Mark #2 in both pictures and I thought he was one of the more well behaved of the seven. :o

Go_rila shut off at the 1-2 shift on the first qualifying run today and ran a 20.XX at 60 mph by the time I got him started etc... Probably have to tape the chip in place to keep that from happening again. Rocks ran an 11.87 and Mark #2 ran a 12.2X, I think Michael ran around 13.0 with two tires in the bed. Weather today was the pitts with 99% humidity and about 90* F. :cool:

Flats Man
04-30-2005, 06:48 AM
Good luck to everyone! Be Safe!

Silver_2000
04-30-2005, 08:04 AM
pictures here

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=6075

Silver_2000
04-30-2005, 09:01 AM
waffle house is always an experience

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6075/medium/Photo_043005_003.jpg

our tranquilized waitress crystal
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6075/medium/Photo_043005_002.jpg

Sixpipes
04-30-2005, 06:33 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6075/medium/MVC-547S.JPG

Houston...... what else can I say? 58* F and 25 mph winds when we got up this morning.

True Blue Aggie
04-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Finished in the money...got all the way to the quarterfinals, before I had a mind fart and left way too late. Rocks and I have already talked about making it a all TALON final tommorow in tough truck... :beer:

One other cool thing.....had my first perfect reaction time (.000). :nana2

sonicbluetommy
05-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Finished in the money...got all the way to the quarterfinals, before I had a mind fart and left way too late. Rocks and I have already talked about making it a all TALON final tommorow in tough truck... :beer:

One other cool thing.....had my first perfect reaction time (.000). :nana2

Way to represent! Congrats man on the money and the .000 time.

Mark #2
05-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Daaaannnngggggggg...,,,,, Looks like the little lady was looking at Mark #2 in both pictures and I thought he was one of the more well behaved of the seven. :o

Go_rila shut off at the 1-2 shift on the first qualifying run today and ran a 20.XX at 60 mph by the time I got him started etc... Probably have to tape the chip in place to keep that from happening again. Rocks ran an 11.87 and Mark #2 ran a 12.2X, I think Michael ran around 13.0 with two tires in the bed. Weather today was the pitts with 99% humidity and about 90* F. :cool:

Hey guys I had a great time as always, if we could only post some of the conversations that we have in the after hours. This is more of a fun/bonding time for me versus racing, you only live once, get out of the garage everyone.

We need more participation at the track to help Rocks in the points. You have no idea what you are missing socially.

Come to the track, It's fun, except for loosing by .004 and .008 seconds respectfully for Dennis and I. Michael a very good job again.

Dennis and Doug thanks, Mark

Silver_2000
05-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately I lost the data on my palm or I would post the pic of the Waffle house waitress .... The camera phone is becoming more and more interesting

Either way it was lots of fun..
As mark said its great to get out

I have more pictures to post -- Ill work on them tommorrow

Doug

03LightningRocks
05-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey guys. I wanted to say how cool it was to have some of my "homies" in Houston with me this year. It was a great time, I wish more of the group could have made the trip, but I understand how it can be tough to get away at times.

Michael did real well in the QF class. There can be as many as 100 or more racers doing QF on Saturdays and to get as far as he did in the middle of that kind of competition is actually quite impressive. Way to go Michael....:tu: .

Crawford
05-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Good job guys. Sounds like much fun was had by all. I wish I could have been there... really.

Looking forward to the pics!

02BOLT
05-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Congrats Mike!:tu: Man, there were a crapload of vehicles in QF. Sorry we couldn't hang around longer, but it was good to see everyone none the less. BTW...how'd Tough Truck go?

True Blue Aggie
05-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Mark, Ron, and I finished 1,2, and 3.
Ron was the first one out in the first round, Mark was the second one out in the first round, and I was the third one out in the first round.
Luckly, Dennis was able to barely beat an old granny (no kidding) and make it to the second round.

I made it to the second round of Quick Ford, but did not realize that the tower had dialed me in at a 10.80, when it should have been a 12.80. Cut a .004 light and ran it all out to run a 12.78......not understanding why the guy in front of me was SO FAR out in front of me. That's one dumbass lesson I will soon not forget......:vomit:

03LightningRocks
05-02-2005, 09:29 AM
I made it to the second round of Quick Ford, but did not realize that the tower had dialed me in at a 10.80, when it should have been a 12.80. Cut a .004 light and ran it all out to run a 12.78......not understanding why the guy in front of me was SO FAR out in front of me. That's one dumbass lesson I will soon not forget......:vomit:

I have seen that happen to alot of guys. Last year it was a regular thing at the bracket classes(SF,QF,FF). The deal is, you have to catch it...BEFORE...you stage, or your stuck with it. It may happen to alot of guys that never quite catch why they just lost. It is easy not to notice it on the slip.

I don't know about this case...I think you just missed your dial by 2 seconds. Come on, tell the truth, you where going for a 10 second pass;) .

Sixpipes
05-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Had a great time as usual. Now I can go back to being my same old middle of the road conservative self on the internet. Go_rila needs a new rearend after the weekend so I'll be dealing with that in the next few weeks. I do take exception to Michael's comment of me "barely beating" grandma. She cut a .496 light and ran 3/10ths off her dial. I cut a .063 light and caught her before the 1/8th so in all fairness, I kicked her ass. A lot of pressure racing a 70 something great grandma. I posted my second round loosing slip to JDM. More later cause I am really busy this morning...................

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/slip.JPG

Silver_2000
05-02-2005, 07:11 PM
picture of Rocks launch

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6075/P1020571.jpg

03LightningRocks
05-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Damn, the back tires have quite a wrinkle in them. I want one of those, "wheels off the ground", pictures.

Cool pic Doug. I need that pic without the watermark for my desk top. How does one go about achieving this?

Silver_2000
05-02-2005, 08:40 PM
I have deleted all the pictures. Im processing them in Photoshop now and will repost them soon

03LightningRocks
05-02-2005, 08:43 PM
LOL....I thought my computer was messing up again:eek: . I was just getting ready to restart it.

Silver_2000
05-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Damn, the back tires have quite a wrinkle in them. I want one of those, "wheels off the ground", pictures.

Cool pic Doug. I need that pic without the watermark for my desk top. How does one go about achieving this?

The watermark is required....

True Blue Aggie
05-02-2005, 08:52 PM
http://www.steveandolivia.com/steve/photos/0401/grandma.jpg

Geez...I cant believe you would do that to a grandma...

True Blue Aggie
05-02-2005, 08:53 PM
What did happen to the trucks rearend? Lose a tooth?

Mark #2
05-02-2005, 08:54 PM
I think friction plates.

I think that is the sliding coefficeint of friction versus the static coefficient of friction that is affecting the noise.;)

Mark

Silver_2000
05-02-2005, 08:54 PM

If you look at the pics of his burnouts - in one he does a left wheel burnout in the other is a right ....

Sounds like the packs are metal to metal and not happy

True Blue Aggie
05-02-2005, 09:05 PM
So is it a problem when you only do one wheel burnouts? I had off and on troubles with the one wheel burnout this weekend, but all I had to do was give it more gas and both wheels would start turning......

Mark #2
05-02-2005, 09:06 PM
If you look at the pics of his burnouts - in one he does a left wheel burnout in the other is a right ....

Sounds like the packs are metal to metal and not happy

See above for the technical description.;)

Silver_2000
05-02-2005, 09:23 PM

here you go http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6075/rocksP1020571.jpg

L8 APEX
05-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Here ya go Dennis. I even had the start pic.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/CIMG2824.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/CIMG2825.JPG

L8 APEX
05-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Here is a pic of Mike wearing the big L

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/CIMG2793.JPG

Sixpipes
05-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Here ya go Dennis, a man of your wisdom should not suffer from premature acceleration:hammer: .

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/CIMG2825.JPG

Actually, I didn't red light, I lost on a double breakout. That SCT program you gave me Saturday afternoon was a lot more than I needed. I would estimate that I had about a half of a second in the bag compared to my dial-in. I'm not a very good sandbagger. :D

Sixpipes
05-02-2005, 10:48 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6075/medium/P1020604.jpg

Patented one-wheel burnout :hammer: . The rearend is the first original part of the drivetrain to go out after 87,000+ miles of torture. Not too bad. :cool:

03LightningRocks
05-02-2005, 10:58 PM
I am about to have my third rear end gears installed. Eaton Posi this time, we shall see if that fixes it.

Rocks:cool:

True Blue Aggie
05-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Well, I'm about to roll over 50k on the odometer, so I guess I can see the rear end needing some work with the amount of racing I have done.

Is there any real need to installing a aftermarket rear end diff cover? Looking around, it seems like the only one that will work is the JDM cover, but he is charging $350 for his piece.....

Does the stock cover work just fine, or is there flex in the unit that could be helping in the cause of the wear on the rear?

L8 APEX
05-02-2005, 11:06 PM
The stock unit is Eaton, you just have to replace the clutch packs every now and then. Eaton use to have a picture ad in the magazine showing a Lightning with a caption of Eaton up front and in back.

True Blue Aggie
05-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Price to replace is.........?

03LightningRocks
05-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Well,

flex in the unit that could be helping in the cause of the wear on the rear?

:tu:

Sixpipes
05-02-2005, 11:16 PM
The stock unit is Eaton, you just have to replace the clutch packs every now and then. Eaton use to have a picture ad in the magazine showing a Lightning with a caption of Eaton up front and in back.

Terry - Order me a set and I'll bring the truck down when you have time. I also have a 408 stroker shortblock and an E4OD transmission to leave with you. :cool:

Moser makes a differential cover at a decent price....................

http://www.moserengineering.com/catalog/details.asp?ItemID=287

Silver_2000
05-02-2005, 11:31 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6075/medium/P1020604.jpg

Patented one-wheel burnout :hammer: . The rearend is the first original part of the drivetrain to go out after 87,000+ miles of torture. Not too bad. :cool:

Here is the other wheel burning in another round

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6075/medium/P1020662.jpg

03LightningRocks
05-02-2005, 11:49 PM
It looks like they where trying to keep themselves worn evenly. Talk about a lazy arse rear end. Taking turns to save their strength....;) .

03LightningRocks
05-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Terry - Order me a set and I'll bring the truck down when you have time. I also have a 408 stroker shortblock and an E4OD transmission to leave with you. :cool:

Moser makes a differential cover at a decent price....................

http://www.moserengineering.com/catalog/details.asp?ItemID=287

I guess you could stretch that one to make it fit...:confused: .

Sixpipes
05-03-2005, 12:47 AM
Oops. The 8.8 is for my gen I. Mag-Hytec makes one for the Gen II for $240.

Mag-Hytec Cover Ford 12-10.25 - $240.00
Applications:
2x2 & 4x4 F-250, F-350, E-250, E-350 - 1986 to Present
Single Rear Wheel (SRW)

http://www.protintnw.com/images/Dif_Cvr_10.25_front.jpg

Maybe another option

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=146

03LightningRocks
05-03-2005, 01:08 AM
another difference is that the JDM versian is actually a "girdle". Those are all just covers.....;) .

I believe we need the 9.75.

Rocks

True Blue Aggie
05-03-2005, 07:12 AM
There are also "reported" clearance problems with aftermarket rear end covers, like the mag-hytec. You might want to double check the clearance on your rear end sway bar, before you buy that cover.

JDM's cover looks like it does not have a clearance issue, but I am not certain of that.

Sixpipes
05-03-2005, 09:20 AM
I have heard of the Mag-Hytec having clearance problems if you have the Hotchkis rear sway bars, but that's it. I think the M-H looks like a$$ (tliss) anyway. I think the reinforced covers are an improvement over the stock piece and are fine for most of us. Ron definitely needs a girdle. :evil

03LightningRocks
05-03-2005, 02:04 PM
snip....................... looks like a$$ (tliss) anyway. .......snip...........Ron definitely needs a girdle. :evil

Wow Dennis, what's this....??? a two-fer????. In the same thread you call tliss an ass and you insult my weight.

Sixpipes
05-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Wow Dennis, what's this....??? a two-fer????. In the same thread you call tliss an ass and you insult my weight.

"Looks like a$$" or "sounds like a$$" is a tliss phrase which I have always thought didn't make any sense, but is funny. Just giving him credit....... EXAMPLE: "Flowmasters sound like ass on these trucks." As far as you in a girdle? Well, that would be pretty funny as well, but it was actually a reference to comparative power between your truck and others in the club. That is somewhat of a compliment I guess, but if you want to wear women's clothing that is entirely up to you. That would possibly make you the only "drag" queen in the club. :D The only one we know about at least.............