PDA

View Full Version : Might cross back over to the light side!!

RCrown2
04-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey guys, it's been a long while since I've been on here now. I went to the dark side in '03 and bought an '04 Subaru WRX STi. I love the car, I've done a lot of work to it, but now I am taking all of the mods off and I think I might sell it. I am really missing my old '02 true blue L. I have only been toying with the idea of getting another one, and I can't decide if I would just get an '01 or '02, or buy the newer '03 - '04 with more of a towing capacity. I just need you guys to help me out and give me more reason to cross back over. Any opinions on this?

Thanks in advance, I missed this place,

RC

microsuck
04-12-2005, 09:59 PM
haha, rc, you are such a tool. I TOLD you that you would want another one. Hey man, good to hear from you again. Ive been layin low for a while too. I still miss mine every now and then also. give me a ring sometime. im in burleson every now and then.
andrew

microsuck
04-12-2005, 10:02 PM
oh, and to answer your question, you should get another one so that we can get stuck in your neighbors front yard and threatened to be shot (again).

RCrown2
04-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey Andrew, what's up man. I was wondering if you were still on here or not. Yeah, you were right man, I guess I should have listened to you. Yeah, first thing I'm going to do is pull into my neighbor's yard and get stuck. That freakin' idiot. What are you doing in B-town man? How have you been? I'm up here in Norman, OK going to OU now. You still have that turboed bike of yours? Well, talk to you later man.

RC

my2002lightning
04-12-2005, 11:28 PM
RC,

WTH were you thinking? Being a fellow OU grad., I would've given you more credit for brains! :rolleyes: :tu:

Hey, is Sugars (the local "ballet") still open there on Campus Corner? :D Ah, the good old days.:bows

You don't work for Reynold's Ford in Norman, do you? :hammer: If you really want to get guns drawn on you, go down by Lindsey/I-35 on the Canadian River for some tgt. practice. Norman PD will be down there double-time!:cool:

Andrew,

What's up ?!? You slowing it down out there? :evil Take care.

Ronald

L8 APEX
04-12-2005, 11:37 PM
:rolleyes:

We don't want you back ricer boyee, you and PoorSVTman need to start your own club of used to be L owners gone 4cyl:D . I would drive a Lancer over the STi anyday. Do you admit the Evo8 MR being a better car than the heavy, slow 5spd STi:eek2: :tu:

RCrown2
04-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Whoa whoa whoa there man, the STi is a 6 speed. yeah, I'd drive the evo if I wanted to replace my clutch after 3k miles of use. The only thing I give the evos credit for is their handling, and that's just b/c they have a wider tire. Subaru has their act together way more than Mitsu. and pleeeeeeaaassseeee don't call it ricer....pleaaasseee. I would love to give you a ride in this car to change your mind man. Honda's with aluminum screwed on wings and fart cans are ricers. The STi and EVO's deserve more credit.

phew, ok sorry, I just have to stick up for the car, I still love it, but I also love the L. I am actually working at Big Red Sports and Imports on the Subaru side. Yes, Sugars is still here, he he. how long ago did you graduate Ronald? What did poorSVTman get? I haven't been on this forum for a long time till today. I guess I pretty much should have been ready to have you guys give me crap about the 4 banger car, but it's really an awesome car, and is a dream out on dirt/gravel roads.

Well, if you guys have any good tips on what year and where I can find another L, give me a heads up please!!

Thanks,

RC

my2002lightning
04-13-2005, 12:15 AM
I remember Big-Red on the Mile of Cars in Norman down the Svc. road from the Cracker-Bbl. Is Precious still at Sugars? :D I graduated in '98 - MIS.

FYI, there are a few '04s floating around, as is a Silver one here at Bankston/Frisco @ $29K:cool:. Here's another tip, one of Norman's police-officers is an ex '02 RED L owner, Josh Keith. I hooked him up on his Glock-21.

What are you studying, youngster?

Ronald

I am actually working at Big Red Sports and Imports on the Subaru side. Yes, Sugars is still here, he he. how long ago did you graduate Ronald?

Well, if you guys have any good tips on what year and where I can find another L, give me a heads up please!!

Thanks,

RC

L8 APEX
04-13-2005, 12:22 AM
I heard the bias system on the STi added too much weight. I like the Evo select bias diff tarmac, snow, gravel etc.. The MR is a cool ride and lighter. The guy next door has an STi I pee on his tires and blame it on stray dogs:D . Anything that has a fart pipe and or makes a farting noise is a ricer no matter how cool of a ricer it is:rll: . L's are everywhere! Just blink.. Will is selling Wayne's 11sec truck for cheap! Brian just sold his2000 for 12K, I found a 01 with 40K for 17 before I bought my F250...

Silver_2000
04-13-2005, 12:37 AM
haha, rc, you are such a tool. I TOLD you that you would want another one. Hey man, good to hear from you again. Ive been layin low for a while too. I still miss mine every now and then also. give me a ring sometime. im in burleson every now and then.
andrew

Wow andrew is awake after nearly a year ....

RCrown2
04-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Well, I know I am biased on the opinion on which is better between the STi and Evo. But still, STi and Evo weigh just about the same, give or take a few pounds. Granted, the MR has the lighter roof which helps a lot to shed weight in that area. Please tell me you have heard a 4 cyl. boxer eng. w/ unrestriced exhaust, it is totally different than any other 4 cyl. out there man. But hey, I definitely give props to the MR, those are some nice cars for performance, but I can promise that subaru will have something out here within a year........I hope. Thanks for letting me know about the L's man, I'll keep them in mind. Do you not have your L anymore man? I've been checking out e-bay and autotrader, any other good sources?

Not sure of who works at Sugars, not good with the names. My major is Finance. So, if I start rolling around in an L, you think Josh Keith may just cut me some slack? Not that I would do anything that isn't legal anyway though.

RC

andy_cain
04-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Will is selling Wayne's 11sec truck for cheap! ...

Nope, already tried to score it back...he said he was more frustrated than really wanting to sell it:(...I was denied:hammer:

RCrown2
04-13-2005, 12:43 AM
OH yeah, I know I should just shut-up, but instead of the gravel, snow, and tarmac settings, STi has a driver controlled center diff. that lets you adjust the torque bias from full lock (50% front, 50% rear), all the way to open (35% front, 65% rear) That is all the Evo does when you change its settings, you can just do it more extensively on the STi.

RC

L8 APEX
04-13-2005, 12:49 AM
Nope, already tried to score it back...he said he was more frustrated than really wanting to sell it:(...I was denied:hammer:
That's funny a customer called today asking about it. He said Will offered it to him just yesteday.:D ANyway, I guess the STi is okay but I still like the Lancer better for overall performance.

cpeapea
04-13-2005, 05:03 AM
there is a guy that lives by me that has an evo8, nice car but the guy is stupid. he told me my cams arent that big, and that i would stand a chance against him...now i wax his ass everyday coming home from work:nana2

other than that its a nice car. i just dont care for the srt-8s

02BOLT
04-13-2005, 08:14 AM
i just dont care for the srt-8s

You mean SRT-4's?;)

RCrown2
04-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Yeah, those SRT-4's are mostly owned by a lot of kids who are too young for the power. They may be slowed compared to the L, but still a lot of bang for the buck in those cars. That's funny about the EVO guy, they always seem more arrogant. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

RC

dboat
04-13-2005, 06:26 PM
My wife says HI!!!

she was wondering if you were out of jail yet... :evil

Dana

cpeapea
04-13-2005, 07:51 PM
You mean SRT-4's?;)

duhh!!! sorry im still high on crack i guess:hammer:

Shiner1
04-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Check with "More Power To Ya" he can make you a great deal...:rll:

microsuck
04-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Wow andrew is awake after nearly a year ....
straight up! and kickin too:evil

microsuck
04-13-2005, 08:11 PM
My wife says HI!!!

she was wondering if you were out of jail yet... :evil

Dana

ohh, funny funny, no, i never went to jail. everything got dropped. i got off with a fine, a slap on the wrist, and a clean record. :evil I really like lawyers now. In fact, I work at a law firm these days too. Tell her i have some new eye candy pics to send her...... :D

Tex Arcana
04-14-2005, 11:59 AM
RC,

WTH were you thinking? Being a fellow OU grad., I would've given you more credit for brains! :rolleyes: :tu:

Now you KNOW why he did it... :d

dboat
04-14-2005, 08:56 PM
ohh, funny funny, no, i never went to jail. everything got dropped. i got off with a fine, a slap on the wrist, and a clean record. :evil I really like lawyers now. In fact, I work at a law firm these days too. Tell her i have some new eye candy pics to send her...... :D

She said to send the pics... clara_dear@hotmail.com knana