PDA

View Full Version : Porting/Polishing Intakes

SpeedyBolt
04-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Has anybody ever had thier lower intake ported or polished? Any performance gains? I am currently polishing the intake that connects the intercooler to the blower. It had alot of casting flash on it!

Avalanche
04-21-2005, 11:29 AM
I have mine ported and polished but I have very little gains right now with the mods I have. I did it for the new motor and mods that will be going in the truck. If you are already doing the upper then I would do the lower it will flow more air so better combustion. Also it would save you a little time when you get ready to upgrade to a bigger blower or whatever.

Just my .02

cpeapea
04-21-2005, 03:07 PM
i had mine ported, but i dont have any numbers because i had the heads ported, bigger valves, and cams were installed along with a porter upper and blower. i definitly think that there are gains there on higher modded vehicles, but probably not people with only chip puller and filter. you probably need ported heads to utilize it, and probable better cams. its one of those mods that are meant to be used in conjunction with other mods to see a gain.

SpeedyBolt
04-21-2005, 05:02 PM
i had mine ported, but i dont have any numbers because i had the heads ported, bigger valves, and cams were installed along with a porter upper and blower. i definitly think that there are gains there on higher modded vehicles, but probably not people with only chip puller and filter. you probably need ported heads to utilize it, and probable better cams. its one of those mods that are meant to be used in conjunction with other mods to see a gain.

Who did your port job? (heads and intake)

cpeapea
04-21-2005, 08:44 PM
a machine shop outside of mesquite, Loden's Machining. i hate porting heads, its time consuming and messy so i outsourced it.

SpeedyBolt
04-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Did they do you're heads also? How much was it for all the porting?

cpeapea
04-22-2005, 04:55 PM
yea they did my heads also, i dont remember off hand what they charged, but they did a nice job

99WhiteBeast
04-25-2005, 10:41 AM
FYI
two here for sale
http://nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94280
1. stock-ported and polished
2. a C&L