98Cobra
04-24-2005, 01:40 PM
I know!!!! I'm watching it too, even though I know how it ends. :D

Sixpipes
04-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Best Formula One race I've seen in a long time. :tu:

Mark #2
04-24-2005, 01:50 PM
I didn't, what a great drive by Alonso, I didn't think he would hold up under the pressure. Can't wait to see how those two engines perform next race.;)

Sixpipes
04-24-2005, 01:55 PM
The Honda motor is really strong. Button consistantly pulled away from the Ferrari on acceleration. :cool:

dboat
04-24-2005, 02:08 PM
It was a great race only because Michael started in 13th place and made his way through the pack only to finish 2nd. These arent the usual announcers for Speed Channel and the one (not Derek) was an idiot. Some of the comments were so juvenile it was barely bareable. However, it looks like Ferrari and Bridgestone may be back in the game. The move that Michael made on Button was fantastic, clearly he still has game. Villaneuve got points, so has he regained his nerve to drive at the top again? Can Michael get the championship with Alonso having such a big point lead? OH the drama...
Well, at least it wont/shouldnt be a runaway..

stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel...
Dana

Mark #2
04-24-2005, 03:46 PM
The Honda motor is really strong. Button consistantly pulled away from the Ferrari on acceleration. :cool:

Noticed that also, as I have said many times Honda's engineering designs are amazing. Everything they build: Motorcycles, cars, lawn mowers, Jet skis, etc, etc, etc are engineering marvels.

dboat
04-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Went to the Formula One website and Jenson Button said the Ferrari was faster than him and everyone else, Alonso said so too.. But Honda has made some big strides in the last race or two to become competitive. Where is Toyota now?
Dana

Tex Arcana
04-25-2005, 07:03 PM
'til he got pwnt by Schuey, and got passed... then the Ferrari pulled him hard. I'd say that their information was a bit off, that the top 3 einges were Honda, ferrari, renault, in that order.

If Schumacher had a blocker get in front of Alonso, he'd's passed him. However, I think we're seeing the future, and Alonso will be the next champ, either this year or next.

Tex Arcana
04-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Noticed that also, as I have said many times Honda's engineering designs are amazing. Everything they build: Motorcycles, cars, lawn mowers, Jet skis, etc, etc, etc are engineering marvels.
Yep, they are amazing, even when their F1 engines go up in smoke.. :evil:

Mark #2
04-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Yep, they are amazing, even when their F1 engines go up in smoke.. :evil:

Good post, and true:tu:

We will see how they engineer for the rest of the season. I still hate the one engine two race rule and the one tire rule when tire changes were always exciting in the pits with 20 guys around the cars.