PDA

View Full Version : Tach install with gauges?

roddz170
04-30-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm installing a tach and oil,temp,boost gauges. Does anyone know the negative/positive colors for the coil,temp, ? Where is the oil pressure sending unit? Where does the boost psi. connect under the hood.

thanks

Sandman
04-30-2005, 05:15 PM
There is probably some of the info you are looking for here:
http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/race_prep/reliability/gauge_install/gauge_pod.htm

roddz170
04-30-2005, 07:00 PM
no offense, but that has to be the worst example of direction s I have ever seen!

I need to know what line is the boost gauge and where it is- what color is the negative coil wire,since we have no distrib, what color the ,or where the temp sensor is, and where the oil sensor is.

I've already drank a 12 pack trying to get this info.

98Cobra
04-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Why a tach? Are you shifting?

PoorSvtman
04-30-2005, 08:30 PM
boost line is found under the dash. When sitting in your L its about where your knee is. There will be a place where you will be able to put a T fitting.

But why a tach? Unless you have a valve body or hauling cases of UncleBens white rice around :tongue: i see no need for it.

bluesvt
04-30-2005, 09:49 PM
why the tach? :confused:

BC Lightning
05-01-2005, 12:57 AM
boost line is found under the dash. When sitting in your L its about where your knee is. There will be a place where you will be able to put a T fitting.

But why a tach? Unless you have a valve body or hauling cases of UncleBens white rice around :tongue: i see no need for it.

its the ricer mod, a big ass tach ads like 50 h.p. I figured one ricer to the other should understand

roddz170
05-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Well I see theres no shortage of smartass comments, but I guess power does that to egos,lol.

If you must know, because a carbon fiber middle console including a ratchet shifter is building in the shop.and the fact that I WANT ONE!

Now, the boost line is the one that enters to the right under the dash, kind of looks like it is going in the heat/ac ducts.?
Thanks PoorSVTMan

PoorSvtman
05-01-2005, 11:42 AM
its the ricer mod, a big ass tach ads like 50 h.p. I figured one ricer to the other should understand

I was no ricer. I never had a huge tach in my hondas. The stock one worked fine.

The only way i would come close to putting a monster tach in any car is if someone paid me or i might actualy need on for some reason.

cpeapea
05-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Well I see theres no shortage of smartass comments, but I guess power does that to egos,lol.

If you must know, because a carbon fiber middle console including a ratchet shifter is building in the shop.and the fact that I WANT ONE!

Now, the boost line is the one that enters to the right under the dash, kind of looks like it is going in the heat/ac ducts.?
Thanks PoorSVTMan

:rll: theres never a shortage of smartass comments here