PDA

View Full Version : Inspection problem

skalywags
05-01-2005, 11:16 AM
I tried getting my '03 L inspected yesterday. th OBD wouldn't communicate with he computer in Austin, so I was not able to get the truck inspected. The only mods I have is the filter and the Predetor handheld. I asked if they thought it could be the program. They said it was possible. has anyone else run into this? Do I need to get something reflashed by Ford?

PoorSvtman
05-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Im an inspector...

Do you have an after market alarm? Also dose your dome light work? Its not your tune. I have inspected bobbys truck, adams, scotts, mine and a few others I think.

It could have also been there plug. I know sometimes i get the same message and i just click retry and jiggle the plug and it works. If you have time swing by my work and we can try it out. If it dosent work I wont charge ya. But we get it to work it will probly only cost you 12.50 or 39.50 depending on a few things.

skalywags
05-01-2005, 11:29 AM
You work in Burleson, right?

Oh, and di you give bood yesterday? and did you get any other info, if I go to to Carter this week?

Nuhklz
05-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Im an inspector...

:eek2:

PoorSvtman
05-01-2005, 11:40 AM
:eek2:

Whats so shocking....

No i havent gone yet. My moms work ,Txdot, is having a blood drive and all the blood they get is going to them. Ill post up in the other thread more info

bobbywade69
05-01-2005, 11:26 PM
I've seen this problem before and also has Terry, but it seems that the f-150 has loose fuse joints in the fuse box under the dash, there is a fuse just for the OBD test connector, try messing with it abit, if you can find a scanner tool and that will tell you if it is fix and also can mess with the fuse with the scan tool accacted to see when you have fixxed it. Hopefully this will help you, I have seen this probelm before!!:tu:

PoorSvtman
05-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Fords arent the only ones.... I got a bulletin the other day about some of the newer volvos,saabs wont let you test the car for inspection with the obd port. It must be put on the dyno for the 2 speed test.

skalywags
05-13-2005, 12:51 PM
I got this problem fixed. Found that I had a blown fuse. the same one that fuses the Cigarette lighter. I replaced it, went back up to the guy, and he tested to see if it would give him a response this time and it did, and I passed.
then I left and immediatley got pulled over for my registration missing on the windshield. I was on my way to see if i could get my windshield repaired or if i have to replace it. Showed him the new sticker thatt i didn't want to have to replace if I had to get new glass, so he let me go.
BTW, nothing was said about my front plate missing, though.

Just thought y'all might want to know about it incase you have the same issue.