PDA

View Full Version : 2001 supercharger on a 1999 lightning

Lincolnlightning
05-02-2005, 09:39 AM
We are doing a supercharger swap on my 99 lightning.The bolt holes on the supercharger do not line up with my intake.I was told there was a recall.I can't find any info on the recall.The dealership says there was never a recall on my truck.Help...

99WhiteBeast
05-02-2005, 09:48 AM
We are doing a supercharger swap on my 99 lightning.The bolt holes on the supercharger do not line up with my intake.I was told there was a recall.I can't find any info on the recall.The dealership says there was never a recall on my truck.Help...

There was a TSB (Technical Serice Bulletin) to fix the leaky intercooler on all 99's. The fix was to replaced the intercooler. You can tell if yours was done by removing the intercooler and counting the number of rows it has.

If it has 9 rows it has not been replaced, if 10 rows you are good to go.

You should just be able to drill some additional holes in the new blower to match those on the 99 lower.

Lincolnlightning
05-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Are the 1999 lightning intakes different from the 2001?I was told it was a direct bolt on with no modifications.The dealership gives conflicting info...

99WhiteBeast
05-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Are the 1999 lightning intakes different from the 2001?I was told it was a direct bolt on with no modifications.The dealership gives conflicting info...

The 01's and up had a new redesigned lower that gave them 20hp more in HP rating. If you had a 01 lower it would be a direct bolt on otherwise you'll need to drill some new holes in the 01 blower case. I think there are only two that need to be drilled and the rest will match up.

DamonH
05-02-2005, 11:57 AM
The 01's and up had a new redesigned lower that gave them 20hp more in HP rating. If you had a 01 lower it would be a direct bolt on otherwise you'll need to drill some new holes in the 01 blower case. I think there are only two that need to be drilled and the rest will match up.

Gotta drill 3 holes. :)

L8 APEX
05-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Ford cancelled the recall campaign in 2002 after they figured they fixed the damaged ones. Now you have to come out of pocket. The update kit is about 1200 bucks from Ford and comes with a lower intake and IC core gakets etc.. The blower deal is jsut bolt pattern. As for perforamnce 01-up is a LOT better design.