PDA

View Full Version : Just paid 2.05 for 93 octane!

jeff56
05-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Noticed the sign at Diamond Shamrock and figured it must be a mistake. Pulled in and found that they were out of both Reg. Unleaded and Unleaded Plus so they were selling 93 Octane Super Unleaded for the Reg Unleaded price.

I crammed 20 gallons in there and wished I had a big drum to put in the back of the truck. knana

For anyone in the area, it's the Diamond Shamrock at the corner of Mid-Cities (Watauga Rd/Western Center) and Denton Highway.

my2002lightning
05-08-2005, 09:35 PM
$2.459/gal. for 93 at the Chevron across the street here in Miami.:cool:

jcblack
05-08-2005, 09:38 PM
I am completely not trying to kill the moment, but I heard that Diamond Shamrock waters down their gas. That is why they sell it so cheap. Has anyone else heard that? Not trying to down talk your good gas find, but if it could cause problems it is worth mentioning.

wishihadone
05-09-2005, 12:56 AM
I am completely not trying to kill the moment, but I heard that Diamond Shamrock waters down their gas. That is why they sell it so cheap. Has anyone else heard that? Not trying to down talk your good gas find, but if it could cause problems it is worth mentioning.

i know for a Fact,that a chevron station that i know of ALWAYS orders too much regular and they just dump the excess into there plus and premium tanks...and i think diamond shamrock is a little cheaper cause they dont advertise near as much as some of the others do and they dont have any stupid additives like the so called Techron from chevron,and dont forget the tiger in the tank from exxon/mobile...

SILVER2000SVT
05-09-2005, 08:05 AM

I fill up with diamond shamrock every once in a while. I've had more trouble with detonation on an old tune with Exxon, Chevron, and Shell gas than I have with some of the cheaper brands like Diamond Shamrock.

bluesvt
05-09-2005, 02:19 PM
shamrock for the past 5 or so fillups and no prob. i figured shell and chevron were more expensive b/c of that techron and v power stuff

jeff56
05-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Passed it by this morning at 0530 on the way to the gym. The gas truck was out there and they had changed the sign...think it was back to like 2.25 or so.