PDA

View Full Version : Here I go again

J.D. Blackwell
09-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Well, just got all of my parts loaded up on my trailer. Boy, there has got to be 150-175 parts to put together. Anyways. I had to pick my truck back up at my local dealership, because they acted like they didn't want to work on it.
SSSSSOooooooooooo, I am getting up early in the morning and heading to Bankston. I called them and they told me they would be glad to help. After we settled on a quote, I said OK.
So far they have treated me like a friend and not a customer. Me likes that.:D Plus the SVT Tech knows what he is doing. I gave him a little test the Friday before last when I brought my engine to him. They said if all goes well, they will have it running in no time.
At this point my chances of me showing up at FFW are looking good.:tu:

OneRedTXBolt
09-09-2002, 09:19 PM
Best of luck to ya! Hope all goes well!

T Hogg
09-09-2002, 09:31 PM
Hey Justin,

Still got that trailer? Give me a call. 972-523-4573

Don't worry, it's not going to make my truck faster. :d

MadMax
09-09-2002, 09:38 PM
Good Luck on all of your efforts..... :D

Mark #2
09-10-2002, 10:34 AM
Justin,
Good luck... but why is this engine so hard to put back together?

Just want to know before I tackle rods and pistons.

Mark

Moonshine
09-10-2002, 12:42 PM
Hope it all goes well. I'm ready to see that white beast run again.:tu:

Not to be a kill joy, but isn't Bankston where 6'er took his Contour for the engine swap? :eek2:

J.D. Blackwell
09-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by HIHOAG
Justin,
Good luck... but why is this engine so hard to put back together?

Just want to know before I tackle rods and pistons.

Mark

I just don't have the time and time is money. It would be cheaper for me for someone more professional to do it then me, plus I don't have the time right now. It took me 2 months just to get the valve springs changed. This truck should have been running a long time ago.

I dropped it off this morning and after looking at everything, they said it should be running Saturday. They had to order me some new coil packs (my choice) and I was missing the fly wheel and bolts.:crying: That is going to cost a pretty penny.

Sixpipes
09-10-2002, 10:38 PM
I am tying a yellow ribbon around one of my drag slicks. :burnout:

J.D. Blackwell
09-14-2002, 04:17 PM
Well, I got up at 5:45 this morning to make a trip to Bankston. I had to deliver a new set of coil packs to them and I checked my truck out while I was there. They are almost done. The motor is in as so is the tranny, intake, blower, plenum, electric fan, long tubes, etc. Mike, the mechanic, is having a little bit of trouble wiring my fan kit. He insists on hooking it up so it will also come on with my a/c. I told him I would take care of that. I can easily get Jim and/or Shaun to do my a/c and manual switch option next weekend. Also he has a little tiny problem getting my intercooler lines mounted right since my truck is a '00 and I now have the complete '01 top half. Just needs a custom bracket he said.
All I need after I get her back is to install and weld the rest of the exhaust up. I am thinking it is going to be a little loud when they fire her up.
:) Probably go get her Monday afternoon the way it is looking.