PDA

View Full Version : Subaru

Beaudee
06-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Anyone here met one of these @ a light yet.Got this chinaman who wants some. http://www.modernracer.com/subaruimprezawrxsti.html Its crap like this that makes me want to mod!!!I am impressed with the numbers!!

lenard_hester
06-01-2005, 08:01 AM
I haven't gone up against one of those, but I have gone up against a Mistu EVO (essentially the same thing). I beat him in a quarter.

The thing about those it since they are AWD they can launch like a mother, the only problem is that the owner has to hate the car to get the absolute best launch out of it. I have heard many stories of WRX sti owners snapping their drive shafts from launching too hard.

After the initial launch though, they are not that bad.

"Oh, and Dude, "Chinaman" is not the prefered nomenclature. Asian American, please." - Walter Sobchak

Nuhklz
06-01-2005, 08:05 AM
... "Oh, and Dude, "Chinaman" is not the prefered nomenclature. Asian American, please." - Walter Sobchak

:rll:

"Walter, I love you, but sooner or later, you're gonna have to face the fact that you're a gottamned moron." - The Dude

L8 APEX
06-01-2005, 08:51 AM
They may beat you on a dirt road but never on the street. I use to top end them on the highway. You can modify anything out there but stock they hose.

tliss
06-01-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm not sure if it was one of those or the "regular" variety, but at the TMCC event last year at the Denton track I went up agains one of those and smoked it in the 1/8th. He'll beat us off road and around corners, but never in the 1/4 or 1/8.

Tom

WA 2 FST
06-01-2005, 09:26 AM
A stock WRX STi in good air with a good driver can run low, low-13s. That's not shabby, and I'm not sure if a stock L will run the same time consistently.

99WhiteBeast
06-01-2005, 09:47 AM
"Oh, and Dude, "Chinaman" is not the prefered nomenclature. Asian American, please." - Walter Sobchak

"ah that's your answer to everything tatoo it on your forehead"... the real Jeffrey Lebowski

Beaudee
06-01-2005, 01:12 PM
I haven't gone up against one of those, but I have gone up against a Mistu EVO (essentially the same thing). I beat him in a quarter.

The thing about those it since they are AWD they can launch like a mother, the only problem is that the owner has to hate the car to get the absolute best launch out of it. I have heard many stories of WRX sti owners snapping their drive shafts from launching too hard.

After the initial launch though, they are not that bad.

Most of these ricer car guys think they can put on the Dr. Suess Cat in the Hat exhaust that sounds like a fart and actually have a fast car.I didn't realize the numbers on this one tho. Ohhh Yaaa, the true definition of a DUDE is someone who was circumsized with pinking shears. :rll: :rll: :d

WA 2 FST
06-01-2005, 01:19 PM
I honestly think they are pretty cool little cars. If it was 1990 again and I was looking at a Mustang GT vs. F-body (like I was) and they had the STi and EVO as options... I'd have to seriously consider them. Of course, they are both significantly more than an '05 Mustang GT, too.

TP Derrick D
06-01-2005, 08:42 PM
A stock WRX STi in good air with a good driver can run low, low-13s. That's not shabby, and I'm not sure if a stock L will run the same time consistently.
Wes,
I agree, I ran one on the hiway about 3 -3 1/2 years ago when they first came out,damn thing pull me at least a car lenght or more but I walked him down on the top end. This was about a half mile or so,maybe a little less. I was telling my bro-in-law about it , and how funny they look with the big a$$ fog lights and he told me a little history on them so I looked it up, sure nuff they run 13's ...damn, no wonder. Same encounter with a Honda S2000 when they came out. So thats kinda what the post we had a couple months ago was about coming from me...stock L vs stock ? or modded L vs stock ? and vise versa.

02BOLT
06-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I had the opportunity to pilot a 330 WHP(400 HP flywheel) '04 Evo a couple weeks ago. I don't care who ya are....400 HP out of 2.0 liters of displacement is pretty damn impressive!http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif It had a stand alone computer, tuning, host of bolt-ons, and mild cams, full exhaust, and some other stuff I know absolutely nothing about. The rest of the motor(excluding cams) was factory, as was the turbo.

The mannerisms of the combo were stone stock under normal driving characteristics, but when the throttle was cracked and the boost began to build, all I could say was.......

WOOOOOOOW!!!!

I had a 340 RWHP WS6 that didn't feel nearly as fast as this little missile did! There was a slight hint of turbo lag on the low end, but once that sucker hit 3500 R's, it was ON! Damn thing pulled like a raped ape all the way to 7 GRAND in each gear. Every time I hit the gas, it was like a fricking carnival ride.http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/nana.gif This thing gave freeway ON-ramps a whole new meaning. The handling and brakes were equally as impressive. I'd absolutely ruin a tank of gas in 1/2 a damn day in this car! I'll be the first to admit that the looks are a little suspect, and the interior bits seem a little cheap(save for the seats...which were badass), but I'll also say this.....that sh!t eating grin didn't leave my face for several days after that little romp!http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/devil.gif

Is it a ZO6 killer? Absolutely NOT. BUT, ricer or not, I gotta give props where props are due. That was one FUN CAR TO DRIVE! On every level.

BC Lightning
06-01-2005, 10:01 PM

The STI is a bad car, depending on the driver they have out run 03-04 cobras (have the videos)

I like the concept of AWD, turbo, but not the gold wheels, ugly hood, and whale wing, other than that its a bad little car

P.S. Wes, where have ya been man?

WA 2 FST
06-02-2005, 01:34 AM
I agree Michael. The gold wheels have to go. A nice subtle rear spoiler would be nice, and I can forgive a big exhaust pipe on a turbo car b/c if its freer flowing, then its a _real_ performance upgrade in that particular application.

I have an inkling to buy one and mod the crap out of it. It would be something totally different for me.

I've been here, buddy. Just haven't posted a lot recently. Busy, busy with baseball stuff, whether it be Little League or the big diamond.

Hope all is well with you! :D

Beaudee
06-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Its an impressive car.I see some L. owners selling because of gas prices well here you go.I will have to get a ride to lunch in it and see how it runs,he probally wont let me drive though :d .When i get my mods. i'll give him a whirl.

02BOLT
06-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey Wes....when do I get to see those HRE's bro? Wish you could make a meeting, I'd love to shoot the breeze with ya. However, I understand being busy...

Beau, as far as gas mileage goes with the STi and Evo, everything I'm hearing is that they're pretty good on the highway(mid to low 20's per gal), but running around in everyday stop and go traffic, they can suck it down with the best of them. I reckon a steady diet of 15 psi(STi) and 19 psi(Evo) of boost (stock)could have that effect. I know personally, I would have a really tough time staying out of boost. It's just too damn much fun!

Tex Arcana
06-02-2005, 11:22 AM
I agree Michael. The gold wheels have to go. A nice subtle rear spoiler would be nice, and I can forgive a big exhaust pipe on a turbo car b/c if its freer flowing, then its a _real_ performance upgrade in that particular application.

I have an inkling to buy one and mod the crap out of it. It would be something totally different for me.

I've been here, buddy. Just haven't posted a lot recently. Busy, busy with baseball stuff, whether it be Little League or the big diamond.

Hope all is well with you! :D

Yeah, and you don't return your phone calls, either... :mad: :crying: :tongue: