PDA

View Full Version : New Hood for My Lightning

Lyfisin
06-02-2005, 09:57 PM
I got a new hood for my Lightning a couple of weeks ago. Here's a couple of pictures of it. I'm really happy with the way it came out.

It was my idea to make the holes black and kind of bring it out to the front. The paint was done by a company called "Best in Show" in Garland and it was their idea to fade it out. They really did a great job on the install and paint.

Thanks Dennis for providing me a little bit of vision.
Thanks Wayne for the paint shop recommendation.
Thanks Doug for the lesson on how to attach pics. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

It's gettin' there!!!

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/hoodfront.jpg

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/frontrightview.jpg

Sixpipes
06-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Shading the inlets is a very nice touch. :tu: :tu:

my2002lightning
06-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Looks tough, Brook. :nana2

99WhiteBeast
06-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Looks mean now- I likey:cool:

FRDRCING
06-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Love the way they fadded the holes, Truck looks good :tu:

ThunderBolt
06-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Looks good! :beer:

Is it just me or does the hood have a brighter shade of white?

PoorSvtman
06-03-2005, 12:14 AM
looks good, same hood that scott had.

Nuhklz
06-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Looks good! :tu:

L-Fever
06-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Sweet!:tu:

Lyfisin
06-03-2005, 07:15 AM
looks good, same hood that scott had.

It does look the same. I'm not sure where his came from. I saw very similar hoods from ramairhood.com and abcexclusive.com, which is where I got mine. They seemed to have a little better reputation, and as luck would have it they were located in Wiley so I saved a few bucks on shipping.

It was actually Dennis' truck that moved me toward that design. The holes sort of curve towards the middle of the hood the same way the lower grill does starting with the driving lights. As I said in a couple of previous posts, my mods will be more about the visual appearance than performance. I'm just not into the track thing, although I enjoy going and watching others.

I took a look at Adam's new hood last night as well and that thing looks great. :) I like the vents in the back of the hood and I bet it looks pretty nice when you're behind the wheel.

Mine is solid in that area, and the paint shop painted it black so it looks like you're looking inside the engine instead of seeing a 2" white stripe against the glass. I'm still getting used to looking at the hood from the drivers seat. It's weird seeing that bump where the hole is. :tongue:

Thanks for the compliments.

Lyfisin
06-03-2005, 07:29 AM

I'm not sure. I've looked at it pretty closely and I've asked for honest opinions from people I trust and haven't gotten any negative response. No one said anything about it last night. I told the guys at Best in Show I would pay for the blending, but they didn't feel it was necessary. If anyone thought that last night, and didn't say anything, please let me know.

One thing that might make it look that way is the wax and possibly the angle of the picture. I asked them how long I should wait before detailing it because I wanted to make it match. The rest of the truck has Zaino. They used Tropicare on the hood, which I'm sure is a great product. It certainly looks good.

After some input from the guys at f150online, I'll probably strip it all off and do it with one product again in a few months.

For now, I'm just gonna enjoy it.

00Bolt
06-03-2005, 07:48 AM
thats my favorite hood out there! :tu:

Beaudee
06-03-2005, 09:58 AM
thats my favorite hood out there! :tu:
Mine too, where did you get it and how much.

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Nice black fade on the white....sweet paint job :tu:

Lyfisin
06-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Mine too, where did you get it and how much.

It was $450.00 + tax and I got it at ABC Exclusive in Wylie.

Here's a link to the web page where I found it.

http://www.abcexclusive.com/F150_97.htm

That price didn't include the painting of course.

Beaudee
06-03-2005, 10:42 AM
It was $450.00 + tax and I got it at ABC Exclusive in Wylie.

Here's a link to the web page where I found it.

http://www.abcexclusive.com/F150_97.htm

That price didn't include the painting of course.
I want one thanks!! That looks sharp!! :tu:

Beaudee
06-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Part # ? Do you have the ram air working,and if you do notice any diff..

Lyfisin
06-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Part# SS 150

It's about halfway down on the page.

Beaudee
06-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Part # ? Do you have the ram air working,and if you do notice any diff..Does the adapter require you to mod. , cut the stock box?

Lyfisin
06-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I didn't even take the adapter. I wasn't going to hook it up because I didn't really care about the performance part of it. I also didn't care for the look of the air filter all enclosed like that. I like the cone on display.

Scott might have some info here. His might have been hooked up.

Beaudee
06-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Check out Thunderbolts side graphics on his white L. I wanted a white one, but couldn't find one.http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8312&page=2&pp=15&highlight=show+truckBest looking white one i have seen!!!! :tu:

Lyfisin
06-03-2005, 11:22 AM
I actually saw the decals yesterday on WebExtremes website. Doesn't look like they have a white either.

ThunderBolt
06-03-2005, 11:26 AM
It's a totally different kit That came from a different vendor.
Anybody cam PM me if they're interested in details.

Tex Arcana
06-03-2005, 12:09 PM

Nah, it's just missing that little square of black on the hood... :d

00Bolt
06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
i think thats about what I paid also, but another $100 or so for shipping and then paint.....

mine was NON functional, didnt even know they had a kit to make functional or I would have gotten it

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-03-2005, 01:43 PM
That same paint fade effect "might" look cool around the fog lights...Can anybody photoshop it real quick?