PDA

View Full Version : North Dallas Auto Detailer????

True Blue Aggie
06-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Anyone know of a good detail shop or detailer in North Dallas? The truck is looking a little worse for wear, and it keeps telling me its time to get cleaned up.
I thought about doing the detail work myself, but taking a clay bar to the paint being a novice at this just seems like trouble.

tliss
06-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Anyone know of a good detail shop or detailer in North Dallas? The truck is looking a little worse for wear, and it keeps telling me its time to get cleaned up.
I thought about doing the detail work myself, but taking a clay bar to the paint being a novice at this just seems like trouble.

I trust no car wash monkey with my truck!! Clay bar is not too difficult, and if you want a good job with clay bar, cleaner wax, scratch remover, polish, wax and buff, you're better off doing it yourself, to be honest. Otherwise you're probably going to spend a pretty penny for a full detail.

Decided against listing out all I do when I detail mine....looking at the list of what I do made me want to :vomit: . Goddamn I do a lot! But you have to on a dark truck like yours and mine if you want it to look good.

Tom

Mark #2
06-03-2005, 02:54 PM
My Neighbor has a black Crown Vic that gets detailed every week. I can ask him if you want?
Mark

Lyfisin
06-03-2005, 03:01 PM
I don't have any detailer info either, but I agree with Tom's opinion of claying. It's really easy. You can feel when an area gets smooth and it's time to move on to the next section. There's lots of great tips on the web. Most of the ones I followed came from posts in the General Care & Detailing section at f150online.com.

I had no previous experience with it when I did my truck and I think it came out great although I had relatively new paint to work with.

my2002lightning
06-03-2005, 03:12 PM
I'll agree with Tom. Just do it yourself and go with TropiCare.

I just need time to TropiCare mine. :cool:

WA 2 FST
06-03-2005, 05:06 PM
If you want someone to do it, call 21st Century Musclecars. There is a guy there that does incredible work ... and on some high-$$ stuff. He's a really nice guy and is very conscientious. I don't think he only works for them, but he is the one they sub-out to do their detail work. I'm drawing a blank on his name, but I've seen his work and its top-notch.

PoorSvtman
06-03-2005, 06:37 PM
If its not raining tomorow i plan on giving my truck a full detail. Its been awhile and the interior is nasty from me having the windows cracked all day at work. Swing by if you want. I used to detail cars during highschool.

dboat
06-03-2005, 09:43 PM
He used to do my cars for me..

www.scottwax.com

He will come to your place and do it there.. very consciensous (sp?).

Dana

Here is one pic.. but he is a good, honest guy.

FRDRCING
06-03-2005, 10:35 PM
What does this guy charge to come out and detail your truck

dboat
06-04-2005, 06:18 AM
What does this guy charge to come out and detail your truck

It depends on what he does..

If he clays, polishes using a buffer, wash and wax, engine detail,and detail the interior its gonna be over $100.

I dont know what you need.. hopefully you saw his work on his website. He will normally take some pics and post them on a few different websites that he participates in.

My suggestion is to call him and talk to him or at least have him come by and assess what your vehicle needs. If you havent clay'd your truck in 6 months, then strongly consider having him do that. Maybe just start with a wash, clay and wax, do the windows and wheels and see if you like his work. If so, then have him come back for the interior and engine later.
He did a great job on the engine. He didnt hose it down, he wiped it all by hand.

Dana

Silver_2000
06-04-2005, 08:27 AM
It depends on what he does..

If he clays, polishes using a buffer, wash and wax, engine detail,and detail the interior its gonna be over $100.

I dont know what you need.. hopefully you saw his work on his website. He will normally take some pics and post them on a few different websites that he participates in.

My suggestion is to call him and talk to him or at least have him come by and assess what your vehicle needs. If you havent clay'd your truck in 6 months, then strongly consider having him do that. Maybe just start with a wash, clay and wax, do the windows and wheels and see if you like his work. If so, then have him come back for the interior and engine later.
He did a great job on the engine. He didnt hose it down, he wiped it all by hand.

Dana

Website says he works in Ft worth
Does he come this far east ?

L8 APEX
06-04-2005, 09:10 AM
An old site sponsor Steve Paztor of TropiCare makes house calls and knows some mobile detailing crews. He is based in Allen I think Curtis his #1 crew in from Plano? Call Steve.

dboat
06-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Website says he works in Ft worth
Does he come this far east ?

Yep, he came to my house on several occassions and I lived off of Forest and 635.

True Blue Aggie
06-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Damn....I usually avoid this site, but the forum for auto detailing is pretty extensive. I still like the idea of getting a "professional" detail on the first try, but taking care of the rest of the wax jobs later on...

Thanks for the posts...:tu:

PoorSvtman
06-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Just do it yourself. Its easy. I have a few orbital buffers and a high speed buffer. But i wouldnt recomend a high speed unless you practice on a old car you dont care about. If not used right you will get swirls out the arse. You can borrow anything i got. I have tons of differnet waxes as well.

Tex Arcana
06-04-2005, 11:09 AM
I'll agree with Tom. Just do it yourself and go with TropiCare.

I just need time to TropiCare mine. :cool:
oh, just give it up, your truck looks like mine now... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/texarcana/SMiles/allnighte.gif

dboat
06-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Tex,
go here instead. Its probably the best auto detailing site out there. plus, I wouldnt use anything but a porter cable random orbit on mine.. I know its safe..

Dana

http://www.autopia.org/

Tex Arcana
06-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Tex,
go here instead. Its probably the best auto detailing site out there. plus, I wouldnt use anything but a porter cable random orbit on mine.. I know its safe..

Dana

http://www.autopia.org/

Oh, mine needs a LOT more than that to get back to what it used to be... as far as Ronald is concerned, that was almost an insult to him, his poor truck was almost as filthy as mine at the meeting, which surprised the heck out of me since he parks his in a clean room... :d

andy_cain
06-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Try Steve's buisiness partner
Curtis McConnell at 972-814-0507:beer: