PDA

View Full Version : Trans Line Mod Installed!!!

OneRedTXBolt
09-11-2002, 12:43 PM
Hehehehehehehehehe!!!

Huge thanks go out to Crawford & HIHOAG for the install last night!

For anyone considering this mod, don't hesitate for a second! I wish I hadn't waited so long... My truck shifts so well, it's incredible. I would compare the difference in the feel of the truck to the same way I felt after first installing the chip & stuff. It makes that much of a difference!!!

Wahoo!!!! I'll post a couple of pics when I get back home late tonight.

:banana:

Crawford
09-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Yes that was a good time. That is what its all about... good friends, good beers, and free installs!!! You should have seen the look on James' face when that thing ripped into second gear. It was a Kodak moment. :D :D :D

tliss
09-11-2002, 03:22 PM
That 1-2 shift is pretty cool, huh?:eek2:

Tom

Mark #2
09-11-2002, 09:15 PM
1-2 cool sure, but not as cool as hanging with the guys. :)
A lot of story telling in the back yard, hope no one taped it, and of course the first story teller looses.
Mark

Crawford
09-11-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by HIHOAG
1-2 cool sure, but not as cool as hanging with the guys. :)
A lot of story telling in the back yard, hope no one taped it, and of course the first story teller looses.
Mark

Ah yes... if those trucks could talk... :d

Mark #2
09-11-2002, 10:02 PM
As it turns out it was "taped".

The SO just told me she heard all the "stories" we were telling. She said all mine were true, but was questioning some of yours.:)

Note to all that come over, be careful, very careful, what you say in the back yard.

Crawford
09-11-2002, 10:43 PM
I guess the nay sayers will just have to wonder: is it fact or is it fiction??? ;)

OneRedTXBolt
09-11-2002, 10:53 PM
Agreed! That was a great time last night. Let me know when you need help with the shackles :D

Hmmm... never thought about being taped with all those stories being traded! Adds to the mystique :d

And Tom, you need to get that sum***** installed. You'll be a happy pup! :tu:

Uploading a couple of pics. Will post a link soon.

tliss
09-12-2002, 07:38 AM
I got it put in Saturday. I've got to say that 1-2 shift (even under moderate throttle) kicks hard. I thought it shifted hard with just the chip, but damn!!

Me likey!!:d

Tom

L8 APEX
09-12-2002, 12:59 PM
For those with pre 02 chips we can take out line pressure and let the line mod do all the work. :tu: The 02 chips have no line pressure adjustment in them so that is why they really need the line mod to save the intermediate clutches:hammer:

Mark #2
09-12-2002, 02:00 PM
L8apex,
Are you taking out the pressure, the 4 cylinder spark plug cut, or the delay?

I need an adjustment to my chip. JDM burned.
Mark

99WhiteBeast
09-12-2002, 03:45 PM
If you have a lowly 99 would chip only, line mod only, or both be the ticket for the tranny?:twitch:

I've had the PSP valve body in there since about 17k- now at 43K and still good.

L8 APEX
09-12-2002, 05:10 PM
For the line mod just pull line pressure. If you have a Superchip and a Factory Tech body some need to slow the apply from .2 back to .4 sec apply. The springs in the FT body speed up the shifts and they get jerky in 3rd and O/D with .2:tu:

ken cryder
09-13-2002, 10:48 PM
i just change all of my line mods also put in a reprograming kit in the valve body while i was at it i change the second gear drum and clutches for a diesel set up which has two more clutches than the stock went with red clutches all the way through since it burned up when my second gear line mod stuck closed hope to have it up and testing sunday afternoon and i will see if i did right on not
ended up replacing torque converter front pump body assy also to much metal through out to take a chance of some dislodging with all the new stuff
ken

FAT-TRUCK
09-14-2002, 05:39 AM
I just recently bought my L, and I'm just now learning about the aftermarket stuff that's available for it. I was wondering if any of you other TALON members could help me out with some upgrades like the line mod install (the to do's and the what not to do's) I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
Abdul

OneRedTXBolt
09-14-2002, 07:05 AM
Welcome aboard!

Probably the biggest and best online resource for our trucks is here:

http://www.svtlightnings.com

There's lots to read. Be sure to check out the FAQ and the HowTo's for tips.

Also, check here often and at the f150online forums. There's an amazing amount of talented, generous people out there.

James

Sixpipes
09-14-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 99WhiteBeast
If you have a lowly 99 would chip only, line mod only, or both be the ticket for the tranny?:twitch:

I have had the pressure increased with a chip. I added the line mod after I pulled the chip. My preference is the line mod with an adjustment on the chip for the increased pressure. Too much pressure on shifts make it annoying to drive on the street. HIHOAG says both are too much and I would agree. :cool:

Crawford
09-16-2002, 01:05 PM
Hey James, where are those pictures you slack!!!

ken cryder
09-17-2002, 11:48 PM
hello
well got truck back together and got a bad conveter pulled it back apart hope to get a good coverter wed a reistall tarnny wed night what a nightmare converter had a bad vibration an took out front pump gear but luckly it din't hurt the pump. :flaming:
ken

Silver_2000
09-17-2002, 11:56 PM
Well I had 2nd gear chirp from the line mod for a long time.. It just took one ride in Sam's after we did the line mod in the garage to convince me..

I now have the line mod and a level 10 rebuild. This evening I tromped on it from about 20 or so roll about 100 yards behind a coworker. As I passed him it shifted in to second .. I was hoping for a nice bark right next to him.. Unfortunately the tires didn't bark - The front end lifted and I got freaking wheel hop going into second... :d :d :d :d :d :d
Doug

L8 APEX
09-18-2002, 12:02 AM
Some times you have to ride the painted line or jerk the wheel to break the rear end loose:D You still have co workers to pass? :eek2:

Silver_2000
09-18-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Some times you have to ride the painted line or jerk the wheel to break the rear end loose:D You still have co workers to pass? :eek2:

Mine spins 2nd everytime.. Just a matter of degrees

- THere are LOTS more parking spaces....

Good news is we can schedule another GROUP PICTURE...

I will get permission again and get details posted....

Group Pic and BBQ in Oct what do you think ???

Doug

L8 APEX
09-18-2002, 07:52 AM
What about the Austin meet in Oct?

OneRedTXBolt
09-19-2002, 11:59 AM
OK... Finally got off my but and uploaded all the pics from that day.

Pictures are here (http://www.mysvtlightning.com/modules.php?set_albumName=TransLineMod&op=modload&name=Photo_Galleries&file=index&include=view_album.php)

And some of the pics are here in the HowTo (http://www.svtlightnings.com) on SVTLightnings.com. Click on the HowTo's on the left.

Enjoy!

99WhiteBeast
09-19-2002, 01:26 PM
Nice job on the "how to" James:tu:

Crawford
09-19-2002, 04:35 PM
Good stuff James. I took that pic of my truck and made it my desktop wallpaper. I never have gotten a pic of my truck by itself in high resolution. :D