PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made there own race gas?

curtis75051
09-12-2002, 12:37 AM
http://www.dfwstangs.com/vb222/showthread.php?threadid=57087 :eek:

does this work? Anyone?

L8 APEX
09-12-2002, 01:02 AM
There was that time going through the back roads of Arkansas. Had to give a few sips of the shine to the truck to get us home:D A little white lightning for the Lightning, NOS ain't got nothing on that stuff:d

Lil Nicky88
09-12-2002, 01:55 AM
I'm not even checking that link. you can make race gas with 3/4 tank 93 octane, and then fill it up with xylene. that will boost it up to 100 octane, and it runs cleaner and safer too. If any of you guys in Plano have ever heard of Hunter Automotive (parker and alma mechanic shop) the guy that owns it (wayne) makes race gas for his buddies. the sh!t works. btw with 100 octane (which you can find at a small few gas stations) it gives you like 107 or 108 octane.

jcblack
09-12-2002, 01:56 AM
I wouldn't advise it. It is not safe to mix stuff with that. I used that stuff on a daily basis at Eurocopter and i studied it in biochemistry at school. It is a cancer causing chemical, and used to make tri-nitro toluene, more common know an TNT. If you feel that it is safe to put a stick of dynamite in you tank, feel free. Plus you might have slight side effects like children being born with three heads. J/K.
We used it to clean parts and strip certain glues and resins. I could actually feel myself get dumber when i didnt use my mask.

Lil Nicky88
09-12-2002, 02:05 AM
gasoline is one of the most powerful dissolvents. we used to use gas to clean my dad's harley parts. xylene is basically paint thinner isn't it?

jcblack
09-12-2002, 02:17 AM
The only other thing that we used was mek or methyl ethyl ketone. it is some bad stuff too. I can get both of them if anyone wanted to try, but you didn't get it from me. I think that you can get mek at home depot, but i don't know about toluene. Heres a wed page about both of those chemicals:

Toluene (http://www.gadiv.com/redir.asp?PageId=products/main)

It says that it is used to raise the octane level.

curtis75051
09-12-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by jcblack
The only other thing that we used was mek or methyl ethyl ketone. it is some bad stuff too. I can get both of them if anyone wanted to try, but you didn't get it from me. I think that you can get mek at home depot, but i don't know about toluene. Heres a wed page about both of those chemicals:

Toluene (http://www.gadiv.com/redir.asp?PageId=products/main)

It says that it is used to raise the octane level.

This stuff might work after all with the toluene.

Silver_2000
09-12-2002, 07:20 AM
Question

"Is it safe ?"

Answer from guy who blew rod in his Supercharged Murkur

"its totally safe, cheep, and works really really well."

Theres a reliable source...

Oh and don't forget a pinch of marvel mystery oil... :hammer:

Doug

Sixpipes
09-12-2002, 08:18 AM
High octane race gas is available at most tracks. I usually add a gallon or two to a 1/4 tank of gas when I'm running my race program just to be on the safe side.:cool:

Mark #2
09-12-2002, 09:08 AM
93 octane from most suppliers is ~60% tolune.

No issues with doping with a little more tolune.

Most solvents are carcinogens, mutigens, and cause testicular atrophy. You decide how much you want to handle them.:)

Sixpipes
09-12-2002, 09:28 AM
In organic chemistry lab, we used benzene as the solvent of choice for synthesis and analysis projects. Also use to "denature" 100% ethanol with benzene to keep students from taking it home for recreational usage. Back when I was in college, there was a rumor going round that Liesure Suits caused cancer and look what happened to them. :cool:

98Cobra
09-12-2002, 10:15 AM
I don't think there is any real harm in adding toulene to your gas to raise the octane. There are quite a few people who do it. There is a link off of a thread on f150online on the subject that was quite a good read, if you can find it.