PDA

View Full Version : Detonation!

L1nt2B
06-20-2005, 11:35 AM
I don't know what it was yesturday but the L had a brief encounter with some detonation @ WOT, then it seam to stumble a little, This mornning I pulled the chip out and stuck it back in and everything seams to be ok. A quick visit to the lbj entrance ramp proved that she still had all here witts about her, so I feel better now that that seams to be over with...man I need a SCT progammer bad What are your thoughts Terry?

cpeapea
06-20-2005, 04:15 PM
I don't know what it was yesturday but the L had a brief encounter with some detonation @ WOT, then it seam to stumble a little, This mornning I pulled the chip out and stuck it back in and everything seams to be ok. A quick visit to the lbj entrance ramp proved that she still had all here witts about her, so I feel better now that that seams to be over with...man I need a SCT progammer bad What are your thoughts Terry?

try changing the fuel filter too?

L8 APEX
06-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Fuel filter or tank of fuel? Either the truck runs or it doesn't when it has a chip on it.

L1nt2B
06-20-2005, 07:00 PM
well the Truck only has 7100 miles on it but it is over 2 years old and may sit for a couple of weeks at a time without being driven, maybe it is time for a new fuel filter. I wasn't trying to imply that the chip was the problem, I was just checking to make sure it didn't come lose or something. Any particular brand filter?

L8 APEX
06-20-2005, 10:54 PM
If it comes loose the truck dies. Motorcraft FG-986B only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:throw: