PDA

View Full Version : Need a tranny jack or large hydraulic jack

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-26-2005, 01:57 AM
My hydraulic jack is shot and im pulling my tranny again in my little Bronco II to replace the slave cylinder. Anyone have a transmission jack or a heavy duty large hydraulic jack I can borrow tomorrow....hopefully tomorrow morning? I started the job late tonight and I can't finish because my jack is shot. :mad:

PoorSvtman
06-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Go to northern tool.. They should have a good but cheap one..

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-26-2005, 02:07 AM
Go to northern tool.. They should have a good but cheap one..

I dont really use one enough to buy a large jack, but i'll check it out. Is there one close to grapevine? I know theres one in Ft. Worth

L8 APEX
06-26-2005, 04:14 AM
I use to change my 5.0 stang 5 speed T45 on my chest and a creeper. No jack needed for those things they weigh like 85lbs.

PoorSvtman
06-26-2005, 10:48 AM
I dont really use one enough to buy a large jack, but i'll check it out. Is there one close to grapevine? I know theres one in Ft. Worth

Not sure... I was thinking about going to northern tool off 20 and great southwest today.

cpeapea
06-26-2005, 12:04 PM
you can also get a cheap motorcycle jack for 50 bucks or so and it works just the same. i had one in irving but someone is barrowing it.

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-26-2005, 01:20 PM
motorcycle jack would work great. The tranny dosn't weigh that much, but Im trying to leave the transfer case on to avoid replacing the gasket and draining fluid, and breaking off the tcase rusty bolt heads. The tcase is rusty and crappy but works, im just trying to avoid any "extra" unwanted work. And both together are heavy.

I just talked to a friend that coming over with a jack. Thanks though