PDA

View Full Version : Sluggish

rxstang
06-29-2005, 07:58 PM
My 01 L is missing at an idle, take it down the road at even thottle and it seems fine, stop and it missess again, take down the highway and hit the gas and it boost up and starts to shimmy again. Have any of you incountered this problem? suggestions?

Avalanche
06-29-2005, 08:02 PM
I have incountered something like what you are talking about. If you have messed with the MAF try putting it with the connector facing forward and at about the 9 o'clock position. Do not know why but it corrected my issue. If that does not fix it or you have not touched your MAF then I would look at the fuel filter or if you have not changed them I would change the plugs. You might also have a bad coil pack.

Just my .02

Brent

rxstang
06-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks Brent, I've never missed with the MAF, so I guess I go back to checking the coil packs. It is just odd that it seems to run normal until I push the gas even then it still will pull but is very rough.

Alpine
06-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Greg,
Give me a call tomorrow if you would like me to take a look at it for you. I live by Fossil Creek golf course.

Jeff.

rickgig
06-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Greg:

My truck was missing at idle a couple of weeks ago very intermittent... but that Saturday I had an Audi A4 come up to me on the tollway and I wanted to put some shame to him and nailed it. Man was I the one surprised. Cough, sputter and nearly puked.

My truck is a '01 and I had put IT-22's in at 10,000 miles and hadn't changed them since then. I have 82k on it which means I had 70k miles on the plugs in it. Never mind that I had a spare set of IT-22's for over a year but I put them in an all my trouble is gone.

I gapped them according to the chart for our trucks and you should have seen the plugs I took out... I bet several were twice the gap size if not more.

Nothing missing like some of the plugs I've seen from other trucks but it was close enough.

Recommendation... check your plugs.

cpeapea
06-30-2005, 04:57 AM
i would also look to see if you have a bad coil pack

rxstang
06-30-2005, 08:32 AM
Thanks for all the recommendations, I'll be check all that this evening, again. Two things mainly gap and coil packs. Jeff I'd appreciate it, I'll give you a call I just live right down Western Center off of Blue Mound.