Need your help picking a pest control service

Some of them are such scams...

Doug

Nuhklz
07-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Need your help picking a pest control service

Some of them are such scams...

Doug

I use Liberty Pest Control and have been for 10+ years. Let me know if you need a name and number.

Wht95Lightning
07-05-2005, 03:45 PM
I can tell you who NOT to use. Truly Nolan :flaming:

my2002lightning
07-05-2005, 05:14 PM
My uncle has a Pest Control business in Dallas. I can fwd. name/number if interested.

SpeedyBolt
07-05-2005, 05:15 PM
I used to be the Manager of a pest control chemical supply store, I know most of them on a first name basis! Wesley from Liberty is a good guy but there are alot of different pest control operators that specialize in different things! What problems are you having? I may have the chemicals needed to do the job!

SpeedyBolt
07-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Also, as a general rule of thumb, stay away from the big name companies like Orkin, Terminix. They only care about the bottom line and not the job at hand!

Nuhklz
07-05-2005, 05:21 PM
I used to be the Manager of a pest control chemical supply store, I know most of them on a first name basis! Wesley from Liberty is a good guy but there are alot of different pest control operators that specialize in different things! What problems are you having? I may have the chemicals needed to do the job!

Wes is great and he runs an honest business!

dboat
07-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Doug,
When we lived there we used a company called CDS Pest Control. They were great for us and helped us get rid of a very difficult carpenter ant problem. We also had them do us for termites as well.
Very good work and very honest.
Dana

Silver_2000
07-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Wes is great and he runs an honest business!
Thanks for the recommendations guys

Liberty will be here tomorrow

Im having a fire ant problem - they are in the bedroom .. I have poisoned the bushes and the carpet with Amdro and its not doing anything

Doug

SpeedyBolt
07-05-2005, 09:17 PM
If I remember right, Amdros' active ingrediant is Hydramethanon which is a stomach poision so if you just applied the bait it will take a while to work!

I think Wes uses "Demand" in his sprayer witch will be good because the chemicals are encapsulated in micro plastic balls so the insect actually has to come in contact with it before it is released!

The best thing anybody can do for fire-ants, in thier yard,(which is were most problems start) is to spread "Over and Out". That stuff is bad-ass and you can get it from Home Depot. Pest control operators have the exact same stuff only it is call Top Choice and they will charge you out the ass to apply it! One application per year and no problems!!! Also, dust your weep-holes with some boric acid just incase! That will keep alot of insects from ever making it inside!

Silver_2000
07-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Applied the first 10 pounds of amdro a few days back....

Ok not 10 pounds but more than it used to take - I have reapplied it a few times

Doug

SpeedyBolt
07-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah it will probably be at least a week or so before it will work!

Silver_2000
07-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Yeah it will probably be at least a week or so before it will work!

The number in the carpet seems to be fading but I have like 15 bites on my legs and one on a more sensitive area....:eek:

Doug

dboat
07-06-2005, 07:05 PM
The number in the carpet seems to be fading but I have like 15 bites on my legs and one on a more sensitive area....:eek:

Doug

TMI

Silver_2000
03-14-2009, 09:59 PM
there are 3 libertys in dallas - Ive lost the number

Where is THE liberty ?

tiffo60
03-15-2009, 08:12 AM
To get the fire ants out of the house you need to find were there entering on the outside of the house. Not hard at all since they walk the same trail and are going non stop. I use some stuff I get at the feed store(can't think of the name) but its some tablets you mix with water in a garden sprayer and I walk around the exterior spraying the weep holes and foundation and it will solve the problem

dboat
03-15-2009, 08:15 AM
To get the fire ants out of the house you need to find were there entering on the outside of the house. Not hard at all since they walk the same trail and are going non stop. I use some stuff I get at the feed store(can't think of the name) but its some tablets you mix with water in a garden sprayer and I walk around the exterior spraying the weep holes and foundation and it will solve the problem

When I lived in Dallas.. I would get the spreader out and put down granules over the entire yard and then get out the hand spreader and do another pass next to the house.. I figured the yard stuff would keep out most but then they would have to get by the mine field next to the house to get in... after I started doing this, I had virtually no ants in the yard and none in the house. in fact, I had no bugs in the house..

Dana

99WhiteBeast
03-15-2009, 10:48 AM
there are 3 libertys in dallas - Ive lost the number

Where is THE liberty ?

Fort Worth-ask for Wes or Sara

L8 APEX
03-15-2009, 08:14 PM
I use Ortho Home Defense around my place every 3-6 months. It is ordorless and colorless. It kills on contact as well. We use it in all of our hotels.

Silver_2000
03-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Fort Worth-ask for Wes or Sara

This one ?

http://www.libertylawnandpest.com/

682-557-6742

Who puts up a website with no address ?

dboat
03-16-2009, 03:54 PM
This one ?

682-557-6742

I found this guy with no address on it..

www.bosshelp.com (http://www.bosshelp.com)

:evil

Silver_2000
03-16-2009, 04:28 PM
I found this guy with no address on it..

www.bosshelp.com (http://www.bosshelp.com)

:evil

Good point

If he were here he might say he is the ONLY bosshelp on the planet so an address isnt important to helop determine which bosshelp the site is referring to AND he has no office to go to ...

But I get your point

99WhiteBeast
03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
This one ?

682-557-6742

I don't think that is it. They were in Mansfield and just moved to Fort Worth so it may not be showing up in a search.
Here is there # 817-453-1450