PDA

View Full Version : Dynoed again today..still disappointed :(

wesman
09-14-2002, 07:28 PM
I dynoed again today and stil can't get to that 400/500 benchmark that I want to achieve.

I instaleld the 6# pulley and elctric fan last weekend and was looking forward to dynoing again to get to the 400/500 barrier, unfortunately I fell short

I'm sending a chip in for reburn to get the AF leaned out a bit to get it around 12.5-13 all the way across the RPM range. I am running very fat from 4300 on at a 11:1 AF ratio.

I have heard differing opinions on what is safe. I have always heard 12.5:1 is a very safe tune and 13:1 is an aggressive race tune for a force induction car.

In another thread JJ's SVT said that the L is safe at 14:1....it just seems scary to me, just don't wanna blow it up running it lean like that....any opinions ?

Here's are my charts....hope I can get the 400/500 when I get back in town next month ina little cooler air and a new burn.

BTW-It was 95* on the dyno and my mods are Intake w/90mm MAF,exhaust,6 # pulley,single blade TB,electric fan and chip

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1542-2112-30978.jpg

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1542-2112-30979.jpg

Sixpipes
09-14-2002, 07:38 PM
I instaleld the 6# pulley and elctric fan last weekend and was looking forward to dynoing again to get to the 400/500 barrier, unfortunately I fell short

....any opinions ?
[/B]

The thing that strikes me is, virtually any other American car owner would be thrilled with 393rwhp. Guess we're kind of spoiled as a group, but I remember being pretty happy with 382rwp some 18 months ago at FasTech in Garland. You're there. Just wait for a little cooler weather. :cool:

Silver_2000
09-14-2002, 08:48 PM
Like 6'er said just wait till the temp drops 15 - 20 degrees you'll have the 400/500. If you want my opinion of A/F as mentioned above send me a Personal Message (http://talon.svtlightnings.com/forum/private.php?action=newmessage&userid=1)

I plan of driving mine for a long time so my A/F is pig rich and the timing is conservative...

Doug

devildog92
09-15-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
The thing that strikes me is, virtually any other American car owner would be thrilled with 393rwhp. Guess we're kind of spoiled as a group, but I remember being pretty happy with 382rwp some 18 months ago at FasTech in Garland. You're there. Just wait for a little cooler weather. :cool:

My $.02 worth perhaps...

To me, anything around (especially over 400 hp) is greatness (however I want at least 450rwhp out of mine) :tu: . But, to me, the hp is not the issue as much as the weight/ qtr mile times. I am used to having 400rwhp running ALOT faster than mid-12's, so I can say from my personal experiences its just a little tough pill to swallow, all the power there and not the times to show for it. I think mid-12's on a 4900 lb truck with driver is AWESOME, but I see where he is heading with his comments. I am sure WA2FST would agree (maybe?) with the beasts he has had.

WA 2 FST
09-17-2002, 11:53 PM
I'm at a measly 364rwhp/444rwtq and my truck runs consistent 13.2-13.3 @ 103+mph. With power the figures you have, even on 20" tires, it should run mid-12s.

Get to the track and run some times, Wes. That will make you feel better than another 7rwhp. :)

I would NEVER run it leaner than ~12.5:1 on 93 octane gas...certainly not in the widely varying conditions we have here in N. Texas. High ambient air temps, etc. can wreak havoc on a tune that is "on the edge". I would get it tuned via chip so that the A/F ratio is ~12.0-12.2:1...that will still pick up a bit of power over what you've got. Then have the programmer send you another program that's a bit leaner, and use that for track only and run 105 unleaded in the tank. 13.0:1 is fine if you're using race gas. The 105 unleaded won't do any damage to the O2 sensors, so that's why I've always run that in my Mustang.

Certainly with cooler weather, you will see higher ACTUAL numbers, but more than likely the corrected numbers will be about the same. Still, it only matters what the ACTUAL # is when it comes to race day. :D

Don't fret. You've got a great running truck.