PDA

View Full Version : Sixpipes?

TxBolt
09-14-2002, 10:50 PM
So you are running at Fun Ford on Friday? I really don't know anything about the catagories. My first year to make it. Will I get to see you run on Saturday? I have been waiting along time to see the Go- Rilla stomp down the track. Well I guess I will get info for next year, perhaps I will learn something. Then I will be in the lanes!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Ivanhoe_Farms
09-15-2002, 10:21 AM
What is the story on the computer??? Think Flatsman's spare may work??:throw:

What does Go_Rila's keeper say??:confused:

Is the Missus using Go_Rila to drive to school??:nono:

Sixpipes
09-15-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 380hp
So you are running at Fun Ford on Friday?
Tim

I am planning to head down to Ennis on Friday afternoon. I have three chips all of which are burned for the CUX-1 computer. Consensus is that my computer has been reflashed to CUX-2 by either Bankston or John Eagle so none of my chips will work. Sent one chip to Swanson last week and hopefully it will be available for FFW. Other wise, I will run the stock computer or have JDM reburn a CUX-2 program into my Super Chip.

Test and Tune on Friday night (including first round of Top Truck at 5PM). Two T/T qualifying rounds on Saturday and single elimination brackets on Sunday. Don't really know what to expect for times since Go_rila has only been in one competition and that with the stock Ford program. With chip I would expect times to be in the top half of the GenII crowd. My advice would be to race especially since there are going to be a bunch of us that are willing to help out the novices. :cool:

Ivanhoe - Right now Go_rila is in the garage with no antifreeze, no belts, and no water pump so he's not going anywhere until Friday. :tongue:

Silver_2000
09-15-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
Tim

I am planning to head down to Ennis on Friday afternoon. I have three chips all of which are burned for the CUX-1 computer. Consensus is that my computer has been reflashed to CUX-2 by either Bankston or John Eagle so none of my chips will work. Sent one chip to Swanson last week and hopefully it will be available for FFW. Other wise, I will run the stock computer or have JDM reburn a CUX-2 program into my Super Chip.

Test and Tune on Friday night (including first round of Top Truck at 5PM). Two T/T qualifying rounds on Saturday and single elimination brackets on Sunday. Don't really know what to expect for times since Go_rila has only been in one competition and that with the stock Ford program. With chip I would expect times to be in the top half of the GenII crowd. My advice would be to race especially since there are going to be a bunch of us that are willing to help out the novices. :cool:

Ivanhoe - Right now Go_rila is in the garage with no antifreeze, no belts, and no water pump so he's not going anywhere until Friday. :tongue:

Sixpipes

Lets solve the issue.. Put it together ....Drive the beast here - We'll install my chip and see.... If it starts we know...

Doug

TxBolt
09-15-2002, 02:43 PM
Ya, Lets See!! I got a question? When we thought that SkankDogs computer was bad , we tried to switch them. Well thay would not start.Mine or his. Same year, builds were about 400 apart. So whats up with that? Something I never understood.Here ya go Six! Hav'a Drink On Me!
:beer: :beer:

Sixpipes
09-15-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
Right now Go_rila is in the garage with no antifreeze, no belts, and no water pump so he's not going anywhere until Friday. :tongue:
Doug,

Can't get to your house today, but that's a good idea when I get everything buttoned up (probably Tuesday).

Regarding interchangeable computers; seems like Garrett and Sam tried that one time with similar results. Chips yes, computers no. Computers are truck specific, chips are computer specific. There are other guys in the club that understand the specifics of why this is, so maybe we can get an explanation from one of them. :cool:

Logan
09-15-2002, 05:45 PM
Put your computer in another truck and the PATS system will think the vehicle has been stolen and completely disable itself and your truck. You'll be up a creek with no truck until you tow it to a dealer to get reprogrammed.

TxBolt
09-15-2002, 06:04 PM
Well the PATS system didn't happen that time.Whew!:banana: Thats great info. Thanks Logan.

Ivanhoe_Farms
09-15-2002, 09:37 PM
Sixpipes,

I have a Danny Swanson chip for CUX2 computer which is for the Pro-M 80MM maf, there is also a complete 90MM setup with JDM flip chip in the barn if you want it, and I have the 90MM setup here in a box as well.

Let me know.

Glenn Bros Racing or something:twitch:

Flats Man
09-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Sixpipes and Ivanhoe, like the Prom M 80 is destined for Go_dzila or something!