PDA

View Full Version : 380hp

J.D. Blackwell
09-17-2002, 03:26 PM
Make sure you find me this weekend. I will try to help you out on your motor questions.
Also I may be able to lower your down time on your truck. I have an extra '01 Lightning shortblock with only 2000 miles on it. You could send it out to get built and not have to take yours out. Then you could switch everything when you get it built and you give me your stock shortblock back. That should save some time and a lot of $$$$ I am not doing anything with it right now.

TxBolt
09-17-2002, 06:33 PM
OK, I will hollar at ya at Fun Ford. I talked to Kent today, and I asked him about injectors. He mentioned 50psi, is that what you have? I will be getting some quotes this week. Would it be less to have one sent away to be built, and then sent back to be put in, then buying one already built? The Lightning is a daily driver, so I don't need alot of down time.My first intentions was to buy one less exchange and do that for Rodney. Oh where did you get some of your work done? If you have the info at the track I will get it there.Thanks!
Tim:tu:

J.D. Blackwell
09-17-2002, 06:40 PM
I have the 42#'s in for now. If you change your injectors you need to have your MAF recalibrated for the injector size. If you don't it will richen your truck to far. I have a few tricks for that though that I will tell you. You might as well get the CPR fuel rails if you get the injectors. The stock ones are 3/8" I.D. and the CPR's are 9/16" I.D.
You will only need the 50#'s past 525rwhp and the rails at 550rwhp. You will also need the fuel pumps too.
See what I am going through! It is a never ending deal.

TxBolt
09-17-2002, 07:11 PM
You sure got that right! I was told about the fuel rails also. I'm not racing untill I have something to race. Looks like I will be in your neck of the woods next year getting times and learning the tree.:burnout:

J.D. Blackwell
09-17-2002, 07:32 PM
Yep, there is dang near $900+ in just the fuel system.
$500 50# injectors
$275 fuel rails
$300 pumps
$*** MAF
$*** probably redo the fuel lines also.

This is what happens when you hit a brick wall in a L" at 525rwhp LOL You won't see anyone making over 525rwhp with 42# injectors......well maybe a few more hp then that if it is dyno tuned perfect.
Now I am going to throw that dang 90mm MAF away when I do this too. I believe I have found a better one and won't have to worry about it pegging 5 volts like the stock one. I can also fine tune it with a control when I am at the dyno and/or track. You can adjust the air/fuel on your idle and mid throttle and at WOT.
It also has a display that will show you the voltage of the MAF when you are racing and/or driving. Oh, and you can still have a chip for your other mods. Sounds neat huh? Got to talk to Jim about it though.

TxBolt
09-17-2002, 07:35 PM
Its only money, your made out of it!:beer:

J.D. Blackwell
09-17-2002, 07:45 PM
Nu uh. I have a money tree out back.lol

I actually only have one toy now and that of course is the L. I have a couple of other doosies, but I like to call that an investment.

I sold all my other toys just to focus on my truck.
I had 2 four-wheelers, a 4x4 jeep, an old Ford with 44" tires(:( ),
Camaro, etc...

...........Man, I just realized what an idiot I am selling all of those toys just to have one bad a$$ toy. Oh, well I believe it will be worth it.:d

TxBolt
09-17-2002, 07:55 PM
Looks like it will be next year on the supercharger upgrade. NLOC will have the best worked out by then. Thay have been discussing it, so by then we will know whats best. I would hate to buy one and find out theres a better one.

ken cryder
09-17-2002, 11:25 PM
hello
i talked to johnny lightning today and he is running the new kenny bell prototype he just run his best time at 11.06 1/4 mile and 6.90 1/8 wow give him a call for specifics 1-717-786-4670
ken

J.D. Blackwell
09-18-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by ken cryder
hello
i talked to johnny lightning today and he is running the new kenny bell prototype he just run his best time at 11.06 1/4 mile and 6.90 1/8 wow give him a call for specifics 1-717-786-4670
ken

I am sorry, but that info is either outdated and/or inacurate.
John busted off in the 10's a couple weeks ago with a 10.90 @ 122.25mph. He did run a 6.90 @ 98.40mph. in the same run though. I believe that was with 20#'s of boost and the Kenne Bell is capable of 23-24#'s. :cool: