PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

a047350
07-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi my name is Adrian I have a new 2004 Lightning, I have installed the superchip, 4lb pulley, and magnaflow exhaust and have been running the same equipment since the first day I bought it. Here recently the exhaust seems to sound burbbley (sp) Im not sure if it is magnaflow or what but any heads up would be greatly appreciated, I use to own a mustang and always ran flowmaster and they always had the deep throaty sound and im trying to get that same sound out of my l... :D

Nuhklz
07-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Hi my name is Adrian I have a new 2004 Lightning, I have installed the superchip, 4lb pulley, and magnaflow exhaust and have been running the same equipment since the first day I bought it. Here recently the exhaust seems to sound burbbley (sp) Im not sure if it is magnaflow or what but any heads up would be greatly appreciated, I use to own a mustang and always ran flowmaster and they always had the deep throaty sound and im trying to get that same sound out of my l... :D

I have the same set-up and get a burbbley sound when I let off the accelerator.

TP Derrick D
07-28-2005, 06:30 PM

MagnaFlow will give you a better sound

a047350
07-29-2005, 09:32 AM
so their is no way to get rid of the burbley sound? im just trying to see if I remove the magnaflow catback system and go with a bassani am I going to get the same sound? all feed back is greatly appreciated...

Avalanche
07-29-2005, 11:24 AM
I have a completely different setup and I get the burbbling sound you are speaking of. I believe that it is from the Timing being pulled out when you let off the throttle.

clearedforlanding
07-29-2005, 12:00 PM
yip, same here, running flowmaster american thunder series and i get the same thing..