PDA

View Full Version : Willie sold his L

J.D. Blackwell
09-17-2002, 07:40 PM
Just talked to Willie today. For those that know him he sold his L. I asked him what is he getting next and he said maybe a Fox-body Stang or something. It is truely sad to here.

He probably had the fastest L to money invested ratio that I have seen. He did everything himself. Made his own fan kit, his own powercooler, etc.. I just can't name it all. Well whoever has it now is a lucky man and Willie sayed the new owner will have it at Ennis this weekend. Just thought some of you might want to know.

:crying:

L8 APEX
09-17-2002, 09:01 PM
That is sad to hear:( He was a true innovator and did Southern Engineering proudly. A moment of silence_____. I was looking forward to seeing him stomp some Pro grade tail this weekend. I understand the want to have a fresh project. That is the reason I picked up the C5. No matter what I do the truck just won't break 200mph:hammer:

Crawford
09-17-2002, 11:09 PM
Dude that sucks :(

Moonshine
09-18-2002, 01:10 PM
[i]He probably had the fastest L to money invested ratio that I have seen.
[/B]

Hey, I thought I had that award all locked up. :crying:
It is sad to see Willie leave the L. ranks.

Sixpipes
09-18-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
He probably had the fastest L to money invested ratio that I have seen.

Interesting catagory. Others we might consider;

Slowest "L" for money invested

Ugliest "L"

Worst "L" driver

Biggest "A" hole that owns an "L".

"L" owner most likely to abandon their "L" and buy an R/T.

Biggest redneck "L" owner .

Best dancer that owns an "L".

"L" owner most in touch with their feminine side. (Probably would be the same as best dancer nominee.)

Other catagories we might consider? I'm sure we can come up with an award for everyone. If you would like to nominate someone for any of the above catagories or invent one for that special someone in the club, please let me know. :cool:

Silver_2000
09-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Pretty sure I have these 4 locked up

Slowest "L" for money invested

Ugliest "L"

Worst "L" driver

Biggest "A" hole that owns an "L".

L8 APEX
09-18-2002, 03:50 PM
No Brian your are the fastest cheap arse L owner:d And throw dirtiest engine in there too!:hammer: :banana:

98Cobra
09-18-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!

LOL Doug. :D

Sixpipes
09-18-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!

Doug,

Your being too hard on yourself. I don't think your truck is ugly. :p

Moonshine
09-18-2002, 05:02 PM
Sorry Doug, but I don't think there's any contest. Terry unquestionably has the slowest L. for the money invested. :d :hammer:

I figured I'd get nominated (deservedly) for the dirtiest engine bay. :rolleyes:

And I'm thinking several us might tie for biggest a**hole with a L.

Flats Man
09-18-2002, 05:35 PM
Put Me down for "most money spent on a Regular Ole F150"

Sixpipes
09-18-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Flats Man
Put Me down for "most money spent on a Regular Ole F150"
How about street driven pickup truck in the Northern Hemishere?:tongue:

J.D. Blackwell
09-18-2002, 09:08 PM
I wonder who gets the redneck award??

I am sorry not to mention Moonshine as the fastest L to money ratio. I believe Moonshine may have got that one. I still think about his truck every now and then. I still can't believe he ran a 12.82-12.84 with just an old R9 program and filter kit. That is fuc*ing bad a$$. :tu: Moonshine is the man.

MadMax
09-18-2002, 09:41 PM
I got dubs on Highest HP without a chip A-hole Baddassification or something.....

back to Programming Techniques :crying:

L8 APEX
09-18-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Moonshine
Sorry Doug, but I don't think there's any contest. Terry unquestionably has the slowest L. for the money invested. :d :hammer:

I would like to think I had the best all around L for the money, 1/4 mile is not my concern why focus on 12 seconds of driving:confused: I spend on suspension, braking, power, sound system, exterior. They give me more use and return on my investment;) That's okay I'll still let you drive it around a track sometime so you can feel what a built L handles like:tu:

Sixpipes
09-18-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
That's okay I'll still let you drive it around a track sometime so you can feel what a built L handles like:tu:
Yeah Brian, maybe you'll be able to keep it on the track. :p

Crawford
09-18-2002, 11:05 PM
I will easily take the award as the TALON member who has pi$$ed off the most tuners!

Even though I have no idea how I pulled that one off... :confused: :confused: :confused:

98Cobra
09-18-2002, 11:17 PM
Hah! Do I get 2nd place?

Silver_2000
09-19-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Crawford
I will easily take the award as the TALON member who has pi$$ed off the most tuners!

Even though I have no idea how I pulled that one off... :confused: :confused: :confused:

That may partailly explain why they seem to stop at every other city in Texas but not here....

Doug

Crawford
09-19-2002, 09:21 AM
LOL! :D

Sixpipes
09-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Crawford
pi$$ed
Prophetic use of dollar signs there Sam. :cool: