PDA

View Full Version : Heater Hose!!!!!

bobbywade69
08-07-2005, 11:20 PM
My darn heater hose busted AGAIN on the L while going to lunch, it broke at Ennis last year installed a new one about year ago and it busted in the same spot again, were they put a reducer in the hose so I cut it off and put it on!!!:flaming:

Mika
09-02-2006, 01:19 AM
My darn heater hose busted AGAIN on the L while going to lunch, it broke at Ennis last year installed a new one about year ago and it busted in the same spot again, were they put a reducer in the hose so I cut it off and put it on!!!:flaming:

Sorry to resurrect an old @$$ thread...

Is it the heater hose that's closer to the supercharger(more to the right when looking at it from the front of the vehicle)? I had mine bust on me too. Luckily I was able to pull over and shut down before it had a chance to get too hot(didn't get to full H).

Mika

Mika
09-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Anyone else have their heater hose burst on 'em?

Mika

04SVTRACING
09-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Mine busted about two months ago when I was on my way to the dealer to get the oil changed. I thought it was kinda wierd that it happened then, but I was lucky to be just down the street from the dealer when it happened.

Mika
09-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Do you have the part #, or do you remember how much it cost? Thanks.

Mika

dboat
09-04-2006, 07:26 AM
These hoses are supposed to last around 100k miles, or so I thought.. but if you are going to replace hoses.. then do the upgrade and make sure what you put on will never have to be replaced again.

Dana

Mika
09-04-2006, 08:07 AM
These hoses are supposed to last around 100k miles, or so I thought.. but if you are going to replace hoses.. then do the upgrade and make sure what you put on will never have to be replaced again.

Dana

They lasted 38k for me:( But such is life. If I find upgraded hoses, I'll put 'em on.

Mika

L8 APEX
09-04-2006, 11:09 AM
I carry a spare set to L Fest every year just in case. Dennis blew one on the track and hosed his slicks pretty good:D .

Mika
09-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Terry, are there any upgraded hoses, or should I stick with the Ford OEM parts?

Mika

dboat
09-04-2006, 12:23 PM
They lasted 38k for me:( But such is life. If I find upgraded hoses, I'll put 'em on.

Mika

Gates makes some, but I think there are some blue Goodyear or someone like that too.. why not make a good mod out of it and replace all your hoses with new blue ones, or go all out and do braided stainless.. :banana:

Dana

L8 APEX
09-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Terry, are there any upgraded hoses, or should I stick with the Ford OEM parts?

Mika
I only know of OEM hoses since they have the Ford quick lock fittings on the heater core end. I guess you could cut the connectors off the ends and use silicone hose and barb fittings if you wanted to minus a flow restrictor which keeps the heater core from being damaged prematurely..

Mika
09-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I only know of OEM hoses since they have the Ford quick lock fittings on the heater core end. I guess you could cut the connectors off the ends and use silicone hose and barb fittings if you wanted to minus a flow restrictor which keeps the heater core from being damaged prematurely..

Thanks Terry. I think I'll stick with the OEM's.Mika

99WhiteBeast
09-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Anyone else have their heater hose burst on 'em?

Mika

Mine busted at about 25k as I was getting on it up a freeway entrance ramp. When all that coolant hit the exhaust I thought I had blown it up. I just replaced with some heater hose from the auto parts store- that was 4 years ago- no more issues.