PDA

View Full Version : Look at me new project

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Umm I meant MY new project...

Yeah its going to be alot of work. But its a 69 Torino, 302, C4. It should be fun, so if anyone wants to loan out a sander let me know, Im going to need a good and alot of bondo. I got a good deal on it off of ebay. And EVERYTHING is original.

Also I want to blast the body after everything is pulled and do most the body work myself, then carry it off for paint. Anybody know an affordable painter or someone who does paint/body on the side?

MVC-692S.jpg

TP Derrick D
08-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah its going to be alot of work. But its a 69 Torino, 302, C4. It should be fun, so if anyone wants to loan out a sander let me know, Im going to need a good and alot of bondo. I got a good deal on it off of ebay. And EVERYTHING is original.

Also I want to blast the body after everything is pulled and do most the body work myself, then carry it off for paint. Anybody know an affordable painter or someone who does paint/body on the side?

MVC-692S.jpg
Damn!!! You lucky man !!! I always wanted one('70-'71) of those ever since I saw the movie Greased Lightning and some old NASCAR Classics from the 70's.
Wanted to build it like a modern version of Wendell Scott's car. :tu:

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I wanted a 70/71 originally but you just dont see many restored 68/69's (proven by my pic) hopefully I can do it justice. Cool looking body style (I think).

Mark #2
08-09-2005, 06:31 PM
My 69
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1466&stc=1&thumb=1 (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1466)

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Nice! :tu: Did the work yourself? or is it original and kept up

edit.....Nevermind. Judging by the pic it looks it looks like its not in Texas and a few years back....so, still have it?

FRDRCING
08-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Looks like you got some work on your hands. But It will be fun

skalywags
08-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Woe at first I thought youwere the one who bought my brother-in-law's car. he just sold it. lives in Allen. I think it was one of those Talledaga's, but not 100% sure. real nice car!

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Woe at first I thought youwere the one who bought my brother-in-law's car. he just sold it. lives in Allen. I think it was one of those Talledaga's, but not 100% sure. real nice car!

Thank you. Yeha its not a talledaga or a GT but its cool.

Mark #2
08-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Nice! :tu: Did the work yourself? or is it original and kept up

edit.....Nevermind. Judging by the pic it looks it looks like its not in Texas and a few years back....so, still have it?

Nope stolen in Philadelphia in 1981, it was original and I had hand pinstriped it myself. Saw the hood on another car in 1982. Never got the car back.

I drove the orange 72 VW for the next couple of years, 73 lime green country squire woody was the pimp mobile in high school.;)

Good luck on the restore, I really liked that car for the few weeks that I owned it.

BLACKSUNSHINE
08-10-2005, 10:31 PM
This is my first major restore, we'll see how it goes.