PDA

View Full Version : Vibrations from 55 to 80

hoponspot
08-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Has anyone experienced any front end vibrations from their trucks?
I get the steering wheel shimmy between 55 mph and 80 mph. After 80 mph it clears up.
I've had the wheels balanced and it's got fairly new brakes and I'm assuming the rotors were turned. (Brakes installed before I bought the truck - It's an 01 w/ original equipment)
I am currently running 20's but the guys at Discount are telling me that if I went back to the original wheel size that it would correct the problem.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

diablolightning
08-11-2005, 10:07 PM
swapping tire might be cheaper than taking it to a repair shot and paying for that advice. I would swap them for the hell of it who know it may go away.

Miguel

dboat
08-12-2005, 04:29 AM
I get the steering wheel shimmy between 55 mph and 80 mph. After 80 mph it clears up.
I've had the wheels balanced and it's got fairly new brakes and I'm assuming the rotors were turned. (Brakes installed before I bought the truck - It's an 01 w/ original equipment)
I am currently running 20's but the guys at Discount are telling me that if I went back to the original wheel size that it would correct the problem.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

I did have this happen and the guys at Discount were finally able to see that the rim was out of round..got another rim..

DamonH
08-12-2005, 05:00 AM
My '01 does it as well. When I first looked into it there were quite a few others with the same problem. Doesn't seem to matter how many times you balance or rotate the tires, sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't. :confused:

Sixpipes
08-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Size doesn't matter. I've been running 20's for five years and never had any vibration problems all the way up to 135 mph. Keep the 20's and look for a problem with one of the wheels like Dana said. :cool:

L8 APEX
08-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Have Discount Road FOrce the wheels and maybe try a type1 static balance they are probably type 2 dynamic right now.

dboat
08-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Have Discount Road FOrce the wheels and maybe try a type1 static balance they are probably type 2 dynamic right now.

:tu: :tu:

hoponspot
08-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.