PDA

View Full Version : need info on 2001 lightning

Hell on Wheels
09-18-2002, 12:16 PM
I am looking at a 01 lighting with 17000. interior, paint, engine are perfect. The dealership is asking 28950 which i thought was to high, but am not a lightning expert and don't now the resale on one. Could someone please advise. Also, do all lightning come with true duals off of the engine or do none of them come like. Pretty much, what is a good exhaust set up, sound and performance. I am in a wheelchair (hints the name), since i can't do it all myself, i don't want to get screwed over. Thank you.:throw: :beer: :burnout:

tliss
09-18-2002, 02:12 PM
Any work you want done can probably be handles by Terry (L8 APEX). He definitely doesn't screw anyone over and the guys around here trust him with their trucks.

Dual exhaust is standard on the Lightning. The headers go into the cats and the exhaust goes into a single muffler (two inlets, two outlets). The sound is good, but it certainly could be louder (Terry's big mouth exhaust helps)

As far as the price, that is actually the best I have seen for a used '01. Most of the one I have seen on lots have been for $30+. Maybe the other guys have seen better.

Tom

99WhiteBeast
09-18-2002, 02:43 PM
I saw a black 01 for sale over at Texan Ford in Arlington yesterday with 16K on it. They were asking $26995

L8 APEX
09-18-2002, 09:26 PM
That is more than new invoice:bs I wouldn't pay a dime over 27 at any dealer, and it better come with a kiss. 17K is far from new and no telling how the L was driven there are a few owners that drive them pretty hard:D Have someone pop the PCM serivce port cover (small black plastic cover on the end of the PCM above the passengers feet at the fender) and see if the contacts have been sanded IE a chip has been installed. They should be sealed in pooky. Look for tire wear and rotation. 17K should be a new set of rubber. Look under the front bumper for curbing and scrubs, cracked fog lamps..

B-N-B-Adam
09-19-2002, 01:15 AM
I agree with L8 Apex. I bought my 2002 in June and gave just over 31000 for it. So 28000 is actually not very good I wouldn't chance it on a used Lightning. I mean after all why do we buy these trucks if not to drive them fast and hard. I'd say to go ahead and buy a new one. Adam