PDA

View Full Version : xcal2 tuneing

roddz170
08-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Anyone got any info, examples, instructions- for makeing changes to your tune?

Maybe someone could tell me what to data log, that would help me dial in my truck.

if I advance timing- do I adjust a/f
how do I make the thing shift at different times- how to adjust all those dang dots for what I want
how the hell do I get rid off the fart, hesitation between 2-3 shifts

Can't get any help from the great SCT people!:flaming:

FRDRCING
08-14-2005, 09:56 PM
hit up terry(L8APEX) in the performaceresearch forums section

roddz170
08-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Terry is who tuned it,

but Terry is a very busy man, so I was just checking for a few who might be tuning themselves with some examples.:bows

L8 APEX
08-15-2005, 01:15 AM
It only allows 2 degrees more timing the program has enough fuel for that. Just click on the view/adjust and drag the shift point where you want it. Your transmission tune is the same as most all of the street tunes I have done. I turn off tq reduction so there should be no fart, and I even added a lot of line pressure to try and make your tranny shift in it's poor condition. I told you your tranny was previously abused and was on its last leg. It isn't something you can fix with a keyboard or tune. It needs to be rebuilt. I don't know the history on your truck but it has been abused and will take a lot of money and work to become strong and reliable once again. Sorry to hear SCT has not been helpful they bend over backwards when I need something:tu: . Time for a quick nap and then ot the shop again at 8am.

PS: headers on a 350Z suck!