PDA

View Full Version : A BIG Thanks to Everyone that Came Out to the Group Photo!!!

tliss
08-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you for coming out and making this photo an absolute success!! By count of the photographer looking at the pics we had an official total of 68 Lightnings in the shot!! :tu: Our photographer stated that the pics came out totally awesome. We'll post up details regarding photo purchases soon.

Thank you to Derrick, Larry, Garett, Robert, Linda, Tyson, Ron, John (I hope I didn't miss anybody) for pitching in and making this thing as organized as possible! You all did a hell of a job! Special thanks to Ron and his company for putting up the greenage for the lift and track. And we can't forget Howard and his boom lift operation (and the work on the upcoming video, cuz you know it's coming!)

I wanted to ay this while we were at the track but I never got around to it...thank you all for your participation, patience and excitement in making this pic what it was :bows :bows . Without you we would not have had a pic, nor would we have even looked into a venue like TMS. We strive to make things a little better every time, and, on behalf of the planning committee, I hope everybody had a great time! Stay tuned...we may have to go for that turn 1 shot next year!!!

Tom

Wht95Lightning
08-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped make this such a success. I had a blast. :beer:

tliss
08-28-2005, 12:11 AM
Dammit...can't forget our photographer!! Garett, please pass along our thanks for his time and efforts! We really appreciate it :tu:

Tom

Nuhklz
08-28-2005, 06:10 AM
I think a big hand should go to Tom :beer:

He did an excellent job organizing this thing and planning all the little details. It wouldn't have been the succes it was without all the behind the scenes work and execution of the plan.

Thanks, Tom, for a job well done :tu:

gbgary
08-28-2005, 08:27 AM
i wanted to thank all you guys for organizing the event. i'm a newb to talon and felt welcome by all, had fun. bunches of cool trucks!!

Silver_2000
08-28-2005, 08:58 AM

He did an excellent job organizing this thing and planning all the little details. It wouldn't have been the succes it was without all the behind the scenes work and execution of the plan.

Yes - Heres to Tom and his "band of merry men" for organizing this - It was no small feat and it came off great ...

Doug

L-Fever
08-28-2005, 09:02 AM

+1

kirkmears
08-28-2005, 09:20 AM
...and kudos to all for behaving yourselves:nana2

Wht95Lightning
08-28-2005, 09:34 AM
...and kudos to all for behaving yourselves:nana2

No kidding. The temptation to take a hot lap on the way out was mighty strong. :d

keynan
08-28-2005, 12:29 PM
it was a blast hope there are many more, thanks guys.

L8 APEX
08-28-2005, 12:30 PM
It is the best pic yet, glad we could all make it happen and tolerate a little rain. Nice to see a lot of familiar faces out there!

FRDRCING
08-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Yeah it turned out great. Tom did a great job organizing it, and for Ron to put up the money for it that was Nice of him to do that. Thanks to my Pops for bringing out the ranger so we could setup the Radio Station to let everyone know what was going on. It was nice Of you terry to bring out the truck from the shop so it could be in the photo :tu: . What great customer service you provided again :beer:

Mika
08-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks to all who volunteered and then some. That was a pretty cool event. I got to meet a few folks, and got in a sweet picture. Looking forward to meeting more of you folks in the future.

Mika

StormShadow
08-28-2005, 09:45 PM
I had a blast yesterday. This was a very unique photo that was well thought out. I can't wait to see the pictures.

BC Lightning
08-28-2005, 10:44 PM
TALON's fastest manning the rig
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6077/medium/PICT1786.JPG (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15852&size=big)

Silver_2000
08-28-2005, 11:14 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6077/medium/PICT1786.JPG (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15852&size=big)

LOL

Thats GREAT !

03LightningRocks
08-29-2005, 01:40 AM

That gentelmen, is the perfect example of two leaders, hard at work. Terry and I will be available to sign autograph copies of this picture at L-Fest. Price will be determined later....:D

BC Lightning
08-29-2005, 10:46 AM
That gentelmen, is the perfect example of two leaders, hard at work. Terry and I will be available to sign autograph copies of this picture at L-Fest. Price will be determined later....:D

Since I took the picture, do I recieve any of the money :rolleyes:

T Hogg
08-29-2005, 01:12 PM
The wife and I had a great time. Thanks to all the guys that help set this years pics up. Without you guys it wouldn't have been such a great outting.

I think the title of that pic. should be "The Blind Leading The Blind".:d or " I Bet My Truck Could Race Up That Boom Faster Than Yours":rll:

BC Lightning
08-29-2005, 03:33 PM
I think the title of that pic. should be "The Blind Leading The Blind".:d or " I Bet My Truck Could Race Up That Boom Faster Than Yours":rll:

That is the truth :D

I did try and take one with Ron standing on the leg of the rig to help hold it down, but couldn't snap the pic in time

As always its good to have Howard there, since Ron didn't listen at his "Lift 101" class :nono:

AFSVT01
08-29-2005, 04:47 PM
i had a great time, i got to meet some new people, and talk a little about the trucks, not to mention get to see all those trucks in one place. thanks to everyone that made me feel welcome even though i was new.

dboat
08-29-2005, 05:01 PM

Ron,
Those are some white legs...
LOL...
Dana

wish I could have been there..

tliss
08-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Ron,
Those are some white legs...
LOL...
Dana

wish I could have been there..

Prolly not as white as you northerners'! :rll: I hear the sun doesn't even come up around yer parts...

Tom

dboat
08-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Prolly not as white as you northerners'! :rll: I hear the sun doesn't even come up around yer parts...

Tom

There are some white people up here for sure.. I am not one of them though.. :rll:

but the summers are fantastic... you would kill for summer weather like it is here.. winter is a whole nother matter.. however, if you like to snow ski, its less than an hour away..

Tobbun
08-30-2005, 08:14 AM
I had a great tiime and look forward to the pictures. It was great to see everyone and I look forward to LFest.

Again, big thanks and props to all those that donated time and money to help make the event possible. It is amazing to see 68 L's on the track at TMS. How many are we going to have for the convey to LFest? :)

Tobbun