PDA

View Full Version : 682rwhp/599rwtq w/ no NOS (long)

Red2002
09-24-2002, 09:29 AM
My friend's single turbo Toyota Supra was finally finished last week. He's been waiting since Feb. of 2001 for it to be completed and I must say the wait was more than worth it.

It's a 3.0L inline six bored 20 over, Carrillo rods, JE Pistons, a single T04R turbo making over 2.0 bar on race gas (30psi+), and a 100-shot of NOS.

Strapping the beast up to the dyno it cranked out 682rwhp and 599rwtq with no nitrous. Estimates w/ nitrous are around 800 to the rear wheel.:eek2: A funny thing about the dyno graph. At 3000rpm he's making a whopping 200rwhp! lol In the matter of 1000rpm (at 4000rpm for you math majors) it jumps to 550rwhp! Now that's insanity.

Being the skeptic that I am, I wanted to see this thing run. A lot of Supra's rip off wonderful dyno numbers, often doubling those of F-bod's and Lightnings. However, the 1/4-mile times in some cases leave something to be desired. So we decided to line 'em up. :)

Word of advice: Don't mess with a single turbo Supra. Anyone in a Lightning other than Jason Brown is gonna get druuuuuuuug. I was ahead for a split second (~20mph) and then it got nasty. He flew by me like he was in warp drive. Going into third gear at 70mph, he left two enormous scars on the pavement. He was easily to 100mph before I hit 60mph. I've raced H/C z06's that weren't anywhere in the same time zone as that.

After being beaten like a rented mule, I had a grin on my face ear to ear. I approached him about making a few G-tech runs. He agreed so I pulled out the trusty G-tech to get an estimate of just how quick this thing was. We go out to Pioneer Pkwy. and Green Oaks. Heading east, he readies the car. After the space flight, the Gtech spits out the numbers. 0-60 in 3.91 and the 1/4 in 10.98@141mph! Even if the mph if a little high, it's more than this Lightning can tangle with. :)

Later that night we head out to Plano to hang out with the 'mature' racers :rolleyes:, Supra's, Z06's, turbo rice, bikes, etc., and the lone Lightning. They highway race on GB 190 and the speeds often approach 200mph. I called :bs: before I saw it with my own eyes. Video is all the proof anyone needs as the Supra's speedo swings past 180mph. Note: If on GB in Plano after midnight, look the f*ck out. :)

The L remained parked at Starbucks until they returned. :) Anyone wanna go next week?

WA 2 FST
09-24-2002, 01:50 PM
I've been "invited" out to the highway racing on 190 on several occassions. I graciously decline.

Sorry, but with two kids, a loving wife, and everything else that's "good" about my life...I am not one to take that kind of risk. Getting hauled off to jail would be bad enough, not to mention other more life-threatening issues.

Glad to see someone here actually respects what a high-HP car like that can do. It would take a Lightning with ~800rwhp to play with that Supra...period.

Silver_2000
09-24-2002, 02:50 PM
Not sure about Plano but Farmersbranch and Carrolllton BOTH have laws now that allow for the confiscation of the vehicle when charged with Street Racing...

Assuming you live through the experience they take you car and sell it

Doug

MadMax
09-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Not sure about Plano but Farmersbranch and Carrolllton BOTH have laws now that allow for the confiscation of the vehicle when charged with Street Racing...

Assuming you live through the experience they take you car and sell it

Doug

Well Said! 190 is kewl....but not on 190.... :confused: Once someone gets killed that fat lady sang....its all over....end of story....save the glory for the "Big Screen"...on top of that the Police will most likely arrest everyone there including spectators...NO THANKS... :D

L8 APEX
09-24-2002, 05:17 PM
I am glad I survived those days of driving insane at 2am:rolleyes: If I had a third superduper car it would be a Supra single turbo with all the goodies. I just want a pop off valve to make that cool sound :d

KJ94GT
09-27-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
I just want a pop off valve to make that cool sound :d

Haha, it's coming soon for me! :D

Lil Nicky88
09-29-2002, 01:56 AM
there is zero tolerance for racing in plano. they do confiscate cars, not to mention mandatory jail time.