PDA

View Full Version : Dextron II in an E4OD

Ivanhoe_Farms
09-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Okay, So my not so mechanically inclined son has to have a lightning, so he buys one --- thinks the transmission is low on fluid and puts two quarts of Dextron II in the tranny --- what to do, what to do:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

dboat
09-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Okay, So my not so mechanically inclined son has to have a lightning, so he buys one --- thinks the transmission is low on fluid and puts two quarts of Dextron II in the tranny --- what to do, what to do:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

drain and refill with Mobil 1

L8 APEX
09-03-2005, 02:08 AM
This sounds like an old thread. Can you still buy #2? ANyways, 2qts of anything shouldn't hurt it. If you are worried make him drop the pan and service it with Dexron/Mercon 3 or 3 plus.

Ivanhoe_Farms
09-03-2005, 08:52 AM
This sounds like an old thread. Can you still buy #2? ANyways, 2qts of anything shouldn't hurt it. If you are worried make him drop the pan and service it with Dexron/Mercon 3 or 3 plus.

Thanks DBOAT and L8APEX, This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating --- the kid could tear up an anvil with boxing gloves on!!:flaming:

dboat
09-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Thanks DBOAT and L8APEX, This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating --- the kid could tear up an anvil with boxing gloves on!!:flaming:

Well, you better keep and eye on that boy then.. at the ripe old age of 48, I have learned to at least ask the stupid questions first b4 I make the big mistake. :evil
Dana