PDA

View Full Version : recommended mods

greylightning616
09-04-2005, 09:59 PM
just wondering what mods you guys would recommend, I currently have a 4'er, sct tuner with all 3 tunes done by terry, cold air intake, c&l elbow and true flow inlet pipe, 160 thermostat, and e-fan. All installed by terry of course. Now I know their is many routes I can take from here I just wanted to hear some suggestions and opinions from other people.

BC Lightning
09-04-2005, 10:03 PM
I saw big numbers out of the tranny, stall and slicks, I would also get a ported blower and heat exchanger to help out with the texas heat

LS1 Eater
09-04-2005, 10:41 PM
I would do what BC Lightning listed. Also a cobra R water pump, oil sperater is always a good mod. Not a hores power mod but helps out in the long run.

greylightning616
09-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Yeah the heat exchanger is high on my list, I was also thinking along those lines as far as tranny, stall, and ported blower. Although I am willing to pay for an aftermarket blower and I know between a ported blower and a more efficient kb or whipple blower the safer choice would be kenne bell or the whipple in my opinion, it's just I have under 2,000 miles on this engine and I don't know if I want to go that route without strengthening up the engine. I don't know I just want to go the safest route, like they say only a rich man can afford to be cheap. Thanks for your inputs by the way.

bluesvt
09-04-2005, 11:01 PM
I Love My 6# Lower!!

BC Lightning
09-05-2005, 03:40 AM
Although I am willing to pay for an aftermarket blower and I know between a ported blower and a more efficient kb or whipple blower the safer choice would be kenne bell or the whipple in my opinion.

Good luck on getting a whipple or Kenne Bell brand new, last I heard Kenne Bell is booked solid with orders and could be a few months to get, and whipple, well you might want to go the KB route since I know of less than 10 trucks with a whipple on it. :cool:

BC Lightning
09-05-2005, 03:41 AM
like they say only a rich man can afford to be cheap. Thanks for your inputs by the way.

Or do it right the first time :tu: