PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Meeting - Joe's Crab Shack, WED Sept 7

tliss
09-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Whose going? Post up and I'll set the reservation. Rumor has it we may finally get to do some midget tossing!! Here's mine:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0201.JPG

Tom

Lyfisin
09-05-2005, 03:38 PM
I'll be there. :beer:

PoorSvtman
09-05-2005, 04:43 PM
where is joes crab shack?

Id go to a meeting but damn you all are always almost done eating by the time i get there.

Nuhklz
09-05-2005, 07:18 PM
where is joes crab shack?

Id go to a meeting but damn you all are always almost done eating by the time i get there.

It's at Loop 12 and Northwest Highway.

I'm in :beer:

PoorSvtman
09-05-2005, 07:19 PM
kool... ill see what i can do.. But the odds will probly be against me as usual :(

Lyfisin
09-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Well I was coming.

After I posted, I ended up getting a call to drive a microwave truck to Baton Rouge and won't return in time for the meet.

tliss
09-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Jeezus...this is going to be a depressing meet. I have to skip as well...guess there won't be a need for a reservation...:(

Tom

03LightningRocks
09-07-2005, 10:15 AM
So WTF???????? I was thinking about going and getting crabs;) . Is there going to be anyone there?????????

Rocks:Bullshit

tliss
09-07-2005, 10:26 AM
So WTF???????? I was thinking about going and getting crabs;) . Is there going to be anyone there?????????

Rocks:Bullshit

From the looks of it, very few people will be there. I think Crawford is going, it looks like Larry will be there, and you know there will be a few that come unannounced, but the crowd for this one does not appear like it'll be what we normally expect. I think the guys just don't like Joe's.

Somebody that goes tonight report back and let me know how many show. If it is a small #, I'm going to post a poll to see if we want to replace Joe's with another restaurant in the area. Or we could always bring it back to BoneDaddy's...that's always been a crowd favorite, and I have been hearing some folks wanting to go back there anyway :beer: . It'll only be for one more time this year anyway if we do change it...

Tom

Sixpipes
09-07-2005, 10:43 AM
How about tomorrow?

Nuhklz
09-07-2005, 11:08 AM
How about tomorrow?

It will be easier for me to go tomorrow instead of today. I have a late meeting today and may not make it.

03LightningRocks
09-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Is the place the issue...or is it more in the timing? I agree that seafood is one of those love it/hate it things, but if folks are getting together to socialize, the food choice should not be an influence. If it is...fock em. I go to these things to see friends. The food is secondary. If someone can honestly say they are skipping seeing friends because the food sucks, they aren't much of a friend.

I choose to believe it is not the food...it is just a bad timing issue for several folks.

I have my flame suit on...........:Bullshit .

Lyfisin
09-07-2005, 11:21 AM
I am coming back today so I can be there tomorrow. There are probably some people on vacation this week which may account for the low turnout. I don't know if it's a Joe's thing or not. It was one of the top three when we took the vote awhile back right?

03LightningRocks
09-07-2005, 11:22 AM
How about tomorrow?

I am game, if it will allow more to attend. Anywhere works.....as long as it is in the same general area so it is equal distance for most.

Rocks..............:D

Lyfisin
09-07-2005, 11:23 AM
I agree that seafood is one of those love it/hate it things, but if folks are getting together to socialize, the food choice should not be an influence. If it is...fock em.

I disagree.

I think we should be able to find a place with enough food variety where people can find something to eat they enjoy AND socialize.

Sixpipes
09-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Is the place the issue...or is it more in the timing? I agree that seafood is one of those love it/hate it things, but if folks are getting together to socialize, the food choice should not be an influence. If it is...fock em. I go to these things to see friends. The food is secondary. If someone can honestly say they are skipping seeing friends because the food sucks, they aren't much of a friend.

I choose to believe it is not the food...it is just a bad timing issue for several folks.

I have my flame suit on...........:Bullshit .

I know this is dangerous, but I agree with Ron. :tu:

03LightningRocks
09-07-2005, 11:34 AM
I disagree.

I think we should be able to find a place with enough food variety where people can find something to eat they enjoy AND socialize.

Then we should all get together at Furrs cafeteria....They have it all...:rll: .

The point I was making isn't about what we should or shouldn't be able to do. No matter where we eat...somebody is going to have some other place they like better. The point I am making is that these meetings should be about seeing friends...if you want to see friends...it should not be a BFD about what kind of food is laying on the table. If someone is just looking for a reason to eat, they don't need the rest of us for that.

Rocks:beer:

03LightningRocks
09-07-2005, 11:36 AM
So...all the :bs aside. I am thinking Thursday(tommorrow) sounds better. Maybe a thread announcing it would be a good Idea???:D

Mark #2
09-07-2005, 01:15 PM
So...all the :bs aside. I am thinking Thursday(tommorrow) sounds better. Maybe a thread announcing it would be a good Idea???:D

Thursday is okay with me, at Bonedaddy's?:D

tliss
09-07-2005, 01:20 PM
OMG :eek:

We're back to the Thurs vs. Wed thing? I'm thinking a new vote will be in order to determine when the best day out of seven is best for everyone. The outcome of that will determine what day we use for 2006.

For now, meeting stands on Wednesday (dad's putting hus foot down). We'll reevaluate for next year. If you want to get together tomorrow that is your prerogative, but the "official" meeting day is Wednesday for the remainder of the year. :tongue:

I have spoken

T

Mark #2
09-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Okay today it is then. I can be there, anyone else?

StormShadow
09-07-2005, 02:02 PM
I can't be there. How about moving it to Saturday or Sundays. It's too hard to get off work and then fight traffic during the week. Maybe we could have outings instead of meetings. For example: a track day one month, the next month do a road trip and find some twisty roads. One month have a detail day where we get together and wash/wax our trucks etc.. Make it about the trucks instead of just eating around a table. Whaddaya say?

Mark #2
09-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I can't be there. How about moving it to Saturday or Sundays. It's too hard to get off work and then fight traffic during the week. Maybe we could have outings instead of meetings. For example: a track day one month, the next month do a road trip and find some twisty roads. One month have a detail day where we get together and wash/wax our trucks etc.. Make it about the trucks instead of just eating around a table. Whaddaya say?

Not a bad idea but I don't think we as a club have evolved to that level.
See a well managed and mature club here. Note the number of events/month and there are officers etc.

http://mav.pca.org/mav/Events/Calendar.asp

I am not going tonight, I will finish installing a WBC.
Mark

03LightningRocks
09-07-2005, 02:21 PM

I like the idea Adam. Now make it happen:tu: . As for tonight.....I still feel like crap anyway. I was going to suck it up and go if it was going to be a group, but right now, it just looks like it would only be 2 of us. I think I will just get some rest.....:( .

One more thing...since Adam has the idea...and Mark has the links, I would like to nominate them both as officers....:bows . Get to work guys...we have a calender to fill up.

tliss
09-07-2005, 02:25 PM
...One more thing...since Adam has the idea...and Mark has the links, I would like to nominate them both as officers....:bows . Get to work guys...we have a calender to fill up.

Here here! I'll try to pitch in a little if I need to. :d

Tom

Mark #2
09-07-2005, 02:33 PM
I like the idea Adam. Now make it happen:tu: . As for tonight.....I still feel like crap anyway. I was going to suck it up and go if it was going to be a group, but right now, it just looks like it would only be 2 of us. I think I will just get some rest.....:( .

One more thing...since Adam has the idea...and Mark has the links, I would like to nominate them both as officers....:bows . Get to work guys...we have a calender to fill up.

Just the local P club has 38 officers.
I don't think that we have 38 members.
We can't even get 3 people to show up for a monthly meeting.
I don't think there is a need.

StormShadow
09-07-2005, 06:05 PM
I like the idea Adam. Now make it happen:tu: ....since Adam has the idea...and Mark has the links, I would like to nominate them both as officers....:bows . Get to work guys...we have a calender to fill up.

It would take more than me and Mark to come up with enough ideas to keep it interesting enough. Besides, Tom is still the "get-together-co ordinater guy" and I wouldn't want to put him out of a job.:nono: Maybe Tom can create a poll and see what "the people" say.

IDEA: The dog days of summer are almost behind us so maybe we can have a BBQ somewhere (maybe one of the local dragstrips or possibly a big park) to kinda kick this thing off and guage interest.

PoorSvtman
09-07-2005, 06:45 PM
I can help out.... Heck it seems im always the one getting all the arlington/ftworth guys together for offcial meets at hooters and then going to the track..

No offense but Everyone one i have made a post about was on a sunday and seems more people showed for that than the meeting.

03LightningRocks
09-07-2005, 07:04 PM
I don't think that the whole darned thing is coming to an end because we had one Wed. night where several fellers couldn't make it to dinner.

Heck, while we are posting here, there may very well be a dozen or so people who didn't read the forum today, because they where at work, sitting in the parking lot at Joes.

Sh!t happens....heck...we all just got together for a pic. A few weeks before that....we got together to watch Terry Hogge embarrass me. I have read of a couple small get togethers in between.

We got a pretty cool group....seems to me there are quite a few friendly gatherings amongst everyone. It is simply just that not everyone can always be at all the events and what not. Heck....we got L-Fest comming up. Doug put out an envite for a lake day.

Fock being bummed about one dinner turnout....Our group Rocks....knana knana knana

:d :d :d

L8 APEX
09-07-2005, 10:13 PM
It was outright depressing that I was the only person planning on going tonight and I don't even own a Lightninig:bs . Thanks to Curtis and wife for joining me:tu: . We need to get this meeting stuff correct if I am going to put down my wrenches and drive across Dallas for nada:flaming: .

03LightningRocks
09-07-2005, 10:27 PM
It was outright depressing that I was the only person planning on going tonight and I don't even own a Lightninig:bs . Thanks to Curtis and wife for joining me:tu: . We need to get this meeting stuff correct if I am going to put down my wrenches and drive across Dallas for nada:flaming: .

I tried to tell them Terry. These sons of b!tches just won't listen. There are some real inconsiderate folks around here. I am ashamed for all of you.

Rocks :)

TP Derrick D
09-07-2005, 10:38 PM
I like this idea, Sunday will be better for me,but I want to do whats best for TALON. please consider a couple places in Tarrant County tho.

Lyfisin
09-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Well I'm back from Baton Rouge and missed the meet. I was hoping it was postponed to tomorrow, but...:(

I'll make the next one.

REXRENEGADE
09-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the QA1's Terry! They make a huge difference. We need to go back to Thursday. This one Lightning, F250 Diesel, and a Focus at the meeting is not going to cut it, I was beginning to think I had the wrong place or something. It's a good thing Terry and Wifey were there or I would have felt like a full blown retarded jackass!
Where was Mr. Stubbs?
:hammer:

Hopefully some of you guy's can make TMS Charity Laps THIS SATURDAY!
knana :d :tu:

Alpine
09-07-2005, 11:00 PM
....right here Curt!:d Jury duty didnt let out till 6:00pm.:(

L8 APEX
09-07-2005, 11:02 PM
We chose weekdays a while back due to some folks with kids and commitments during weeknds for soccer games and craft fairs. I wish we could immulate the larger sucessful clubs and meet at ONE place once a month and keep it simple. We did one cruise event and I think that was the last one or something...

Lyfisin
09-07-2005, 11:04 PM
The point I was making isn't about what we should or shouldn't be able to do. No matter where we eat...somebody is going to have some other place they like better.

I agree with this, but here you said

I agree that seafood is one of those love it/hate it things,

My point is that while three people might not be able to agree on something like Chili's, Bennigan's or Applebees, it's most likely they all could find something to eat at any of them. If their choice was seafood in a "love it/hate it" scenario, it would probably be more difficult to get all three of them to show up. And if they don't like the food/smell/atmosphere of the place, that might be the one more thing that keeps them from coming.

And I'm not saying any of this is the issue. As I pointed out earlier, my recollection is that Joe's was one of the top 3 places voted on so it's probably an issue, like we both said, where it's just a bad night for everyone.

But just for fun, consider voting where you have six people and 3 like fish and 3 hate it. A vote is taken and you have

3 voted for Joes
1 vote for Applebees
1 vote for Bennigan's
1 vote for Chilis

The highest vote becomes Joe's but half of the people may never come.

That's all I'm (badly) trying to say.

I'm fine with the current rotation. I'm not a big fish fan, but fish n chips are ok. It doesn't matter to me whether it's Wed, Thu or the weekend.

REXRENEGADE
09-07-2005, 11:04 PM
....right here Curt!http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrinflip.gif Jury duty didnt let out till 6:00pm.http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

Is Mr. Stubbs going to make an appearance on Saturday?

Tex Arcana
09-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Well, dammit ti hell... I was all set for the meeting TOMORROW nite, and here I am all disappointed 'cuz it was tonite. :crying: I just flat forgot it had switched, tho.

I think alot of this week's comes form the gas prices and the past weekend, and no one has the scratch to shovel out for dinner and the drive.

If y'all decide to do it tomorrow, SOMEONE CALL ME!! I do'nt get online much during the day, which is why I missed tonite's thing.

L8 APEX
09-07-2005, 11:19 PM
If y'all decide to do it tomorrow, SOMEONE CALL ME!! I do'nt get online much during the day, which is why I missed tonite's thing.
Rocks, make a note to call Tex for the next meeting:D .

03LightningRocks
09-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Rocks, make a note to call Tex for the next meeting:D .

OK...noted.....:tu:

L8 APEX
09-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Don't be a weenie Brooks! Joes serves chicken fried chicken breast with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. :D

03LightningRocks
09-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Hey Terry.......I just want to make sure that you know that out of everybody here, I was the only one who tried to cover your back.

Just something to keep in mind when your working on my truck:cool: .

Tex Arcana
09-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Don't be a weenie Brooks! Joes serves chicken fried chicken breast with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. :D
They all offer alternatives...

dboat
09-08-2005, 04:52 AM
Hey Terry.......I just want to make sure that you know that out of everybody here, I was the only one who tried to cover your back.

Just something to keep in mind when your working on my truck:cool: .

brown noser.. :D

Lyfisin
09-08-2005, 09:12 AM

I'm not being a weenie. :) Fish is fine with me. I've never passed on Joe's because it was a seafood place. While Tex is right in that they do all offer alternatives, I usually try to stick with whatever the place is themed as because that's what they're known for.

L8 APEX
09-08-2005, 08:04 PM
You frank:D They do serve a decent margarita I give it a 7plus on my rita scale. With Johnny Corrino's rita an 8 thanks Mike:beer: . Then The good stuff from On the Border an 8 also. But the cake is from Pasados? Cabo Wabo a 9 :tu: . I am still waiting for a Glen Rita:eek2: .

Tex Arcana
09-09-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm not being a weenie. :) Fish is fine with me. I've never passed on Joe's because it was a seafood place. While Tex is right in that they do all offer alternatives, I usually try to stick with whatever the place is themed as because that's what they're known for.
What he's trying to say, is he didn't really want to watch me demolish a pound of crab.. I can be *so* messy... :d