PDA

View Full Version : Monthly meeting bitch thread RE: 9-7 meeting

L8 APEX
09-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Guys a picture is worth a thousand words here it is:Bullshit .
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG4425.JPG

L8 APEX
09-07-2005, 09:52 PM
One fricking truck????? We need to go back to Thursdays if nobody is going to show up, Mark! If you raise the motion to move it and don't show up that is a:nono: . Larry said he cannot make Wednesdays either due to conference calls. If I did not personally call this guy NOBODY would have been at the meeting! Anyone have constructive input as to why this meeting was such a failure or any way to fix it? Thanks..

Tex Arcana
09-07-2005, 11:18 PM
BITCH!

I'm with ya, Terry.. but I honestly think we should rethink the weekend dates. Most people have more time on the weekend to do things like this, and it would give us a LOT more flexibility to make the meetings. Plus, it would allow others (non-members) to join up and enjoy our trucks.

dboat
09-08-2005, 04:38 AM
How many times does this topic have to come up? geesh :rolleyes:

Although, whose truck is that? nice wheels. :tu:

tliss
09-08-2005, 10:11 AM
OK guys. We've had one meeting fall into the crapper. This is not something to get all huffy over. If there is enough controversy over the day on which the meetings fall, then we will reconsider for the remainder of the year. I would prefer to leave it as is until next year, but I will leave it up to the democracy here.

I will stew on this a while and on some of the suggestions for other activities and see if we can't combine this thing into something we can do on the weekends (i.e. lunch/dinner and go karting one time, BBQ at a park or someone's house where everyone brings something, lunch/dinner and test and tune at a nearby track, lunch/dinner and Charity Laps, etc). Only thing I have to say is id we start adding festivities then we need to guarantee participation, regardless of venue, and we need to understand that not all people will make all events, and I want to make it clear that this monthly event will move around...so when all of this stuff comes through, I want to hear no bitching about we don't have enough meets in this city or that. I could bitch and moan about no meetings in McKinney, but I don't because I understand that this club extends over several counties and McKinney would be a hell of a trip for a lot of people. I can drive whereever if my schedule allows it...so can you! (comment directed at everyone, not one specific person)

Let me marinade in this one for a little bit and start planning for next year. In the meantime, I'll post up a poll regarding whether or not we should reconsider the day for the meetings for this year and we'll see what happens.

T

98Cobra
09-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Y'know, it is just one meeting. Maybe, with LFest only 2 weeks away, I want to only see you bastards once in a month? :D

Mark #2
09-08-2005, 03:28 PM
One fricking truck????? We need to go back to Thursdays if nobody is going to show up, Mark! If you raise the motion to move it and don't show up that is a:nono: . Larry said he cannot make Wednesdays either due to conference calls. If I did not personally call this guy NOBODY would have been at the meeting! Anyone have constructive input as to why this meeting was such a failure or any way to fix it? Thanks..

The only reason I didn't go was because no one was going to show up.

Lyfisin
09-08-2005, 07:33 PM
I pretty much agree with Tom. No reason to make a big deal out of one meeting. This is the first September, since 2001, where the meeting was during Labor Day week and I think a lot of people were just away.

My reasons for not coming were pretty clear. I really had planned on going and that emergency call to Louisiana was obviously unexpected.

03LightningRocks
09-08-2005, 08:04 PM
No reason to make a big deal out of one meeting. This is the first September, since 2001, where the meeting was during Labor Day week and I think a lot of people were just away.

I agree....:tu: :tu: :tu:

Tex Arcana
09-09-2005, 12:05 AM
How many times does this topic have to come up? geesh :rolleyes:

Although, whose truck is that? nice wheels. :tu:

Hey, you don't count, you're too far north of the MASon-Dixon. :tongue:

Moonshine
09-09-2005, 02:45 PM
The only reason I didn't go was because no one was going to show up.

Ditto.